1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook band page v personal

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Eddierocks, Aug 29, 2016.

Hi.
    I recently made a big musical announcement on both my personal profile, and band profile.

The band profile had 500likes but get little response.

Same announcment on personal profile
    Gets 3x the response
    How does this happen?

Eddierocks, Aug 29, 2016 IP
  2. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    Does your page has 500 likes in total or does the particular post had 500 like but not a lot of comments? Either way, Facebook's changes to the algorithm favour friends posts over page posts, probably to make people pay with ads. It might be that your personal post appeared in front of more eyes then the band post. If it's not the case, it might be also a psychological thing and your friends and family are more likely to respond then just fans or so.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  3. Eddierocks

Eddierocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry.
    Didn't make that clear enough.
    My band profile has 500 likes in total, not a specific notification.
    When I submit anything, I'm lucky if 20 people reply, where as my personal page is always more

Eddierocks, Aug 30, 2016 IP
  4. AlexIdea

AlexIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not posting enough on you band's profile or do it too less, it becomes "irrelevant", and the post didn't reach to all of them. Also, some people like's the site, but they are no following it, so the info about the update is not appearing on their wall. On the other hand, there may be a lot of friends which are following you, so that's why you got more responses.

AlexIdea, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  5. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how old your page is and when it started. But I can definitely tell that this is an algorithmic problem. Your content wasn't engaging & interesting enough for people to like or share it, which results in a lower ranking of your posts. Personal posts receive always more engagement, since the new change in the algorithm, personal posts will be ranked even better.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Sep 3, 2016 IP