1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why no one clicks on the ads in my site?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by CUTA, Aug 22, 2016.

I have been writing for like a couple of months now. so far only few clicks, I barely managed to earn $0.43. I see people keep on coming to the website, the ads also have good impressions, but no clicks. :( and thus the site doesn't generate any revenue. Is there anything I can do to change this? can some one check my site and suggest me something. http://cuta.info
    Thanks.

CUTA, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  2. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how many impressions is good?

I am getting about 1 click for every 200 page views

pmf123, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  3. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have overall 308 Impressions, I am not sure about the good value, but I hope this is enough to generate at least more than $1 per month.

CUTA, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  4. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on your niche, if its not a good one you may get 1c per click for that many impressions

pmf123, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  5. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what do you think about my site. Do you think it can generate at least a couple of bucks per month?

CUTA, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  6. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there are a bunch of grammatical errors i see, plus you are mixing subjects and not sticking to one niche (Australia immigration on a tech blog?)

pmf123, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  7. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why people don't have links ads unit when they have at least more then 300 word per article.

Furquan Ahmed, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  8. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah I am aware of that. I wrote that blog post for people like software engineers who intend to immigrate to Australia. Along with that I posted all the available job vacancies. yeah , it's possible the articles may have grammatical errors, I am wondering how you rate the overall, as a native English speaker.

CUTA, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  9. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    I plan to put a couple of link ads unit in the site, but since the site doesn't generate a good income, I feel like discouraged. :(

CUTA, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  10. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to have one links ads unit right after first image of your post & try to change first ads unit location to right after Post tittle .

Right now first ads unit is above the title.

Furquan Ahmed, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  11. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. Okay I will try it out. :)

CUTA, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You have no ads on the home page and the ones you have elsewhere are on the side, barely visible. If ads are not "in your face" they are virtually useless. You need a 728x90 at the top and a 300x250 right after your slider. I'd also suggest you change the design. Most site heat maps will tell you that sidebars get easily overlooked. I'd remove the sidebars and make the main content at least 1060-1100 px wide.

Of course you may want to hide the 728x90 ad for cell phone users and show it somewhere in the main content as a 300x250 (or custom size) ad.

1.png

======================

2.png

qwikad.com, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  13. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for taking your time to help me. I initially thought to put the ads in the main page, but then I realized since ads slow down the page, It doesn't sound like a good plan for having a good SEO value. I actually can't use the heading ads as it violates the google's adsense policy when the menu is being used. but still, you have a point, I may have to change the overall look of the site, otherwise I may not be able to earn at least a cent with this way.

[​IMG]

CUTA, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  14. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    why not have ads on the main page? thats the most common page for visitors, and if they dont like your site they will only visit that page

pmf123, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  15. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said in the previous comment, ads slow down the page, and thus giving a lower SEO score to the site. As you can see in google insights and various other tools, my site is really optimized as I spent like countless amount of hours just for the optimization. I literally bought a new domain just to remove the cookieless warning. I know I could use www and subdomain.maindomain format to remove the cookieless warning, but it doesn't make the site fast as there is a slight delay in redirection as people are less likely use www, so the site has to be redirected from naked one to www in www way. Now the only issue I have is the google analytics. Ads slow down the page, increase the page loading time, and thus giving a lower SEO score. That's why I removed ads from the main page. To be honest, I don't really like ads because I want to give people a best user experience across my site. That's why I didn't put ads in a way that harm the user experience of the people, but it seems like being good takes you nowhere. we have to be aggressive to some extent to earn money. I am now backing up the site in case if things goes wrong during the changing phase, after it's completed I am going to implement the ads in the places mentioned in this thread. :)

still, I want to give a best user experience to visitors who visit my site. I am not sure people have noticed this, my site is very responsive. In the mobile view, it has its own menu, and the ad placement is also different. Basically the site targets, mobile users, tablet users, desktop users, retina users. In the retina mode, only the highest quality images are pulled out from the server.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    CUTA, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  16. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    best user experience = no ads = no income for you

pmf123, Aug 24, 2016 IP
  17. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah that's what I was thinking. I think the balance is the way to go.

CUTA, Aug 24, 2016 IP