1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Shareef_sts

Shareef_sts Member

Best Answers:
    So if I'l buy this plugin only and will install on clean WP, does it add cart/checkout functionality, payment gateways and order management in backend?

Shareef_sts, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  2. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes of course and many other things.

yaros, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  3. Md. Tushar Hossain

Md. Tushar Hossain Banned

Best Answers:
    Excellent site design bro.. you designed yourself? any tips how to get approved by aliexpress to become affiliate? Thanks

Md. Tushar Hossain, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  4. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yaros, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  5. RayKT

RayKT Member

Best Answers:
    It will be nice to have bank transfer option for check out payment

RayKT, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  6. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I would like to buy your plugin but to install it on already existing Woocommerce shops.

Is it difficult for you to import the dropshopping products to woocommerce ? Could be an option of your plugin ?
    Do you have any plan to add this option in the future ?

Thank you.

makeonlineshop, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  7. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The AliDropship plugin does not work with WOO commerce however it will support WOO themes in the nearest future.

yaros, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  8. trueabsolute

trueabsolute Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Yaros,
    If I order the plugin now, can I have free upgrade to have the auto-order filling function later?
    When will the function be done? Months, or weeks later?

Another question. Do you out-source for blog articles on your malls? If yes, is it o.k. with you to send me who they are?

Thank you so much!

trueabsolute, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  9. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This option will appear in next 2 weeks and it will be free of course, as well as all other new features.

I don't outsource it, I have my own team.

yaros, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  10. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    Supporting Woo themes is a bit useless if your plugin cannot work with woocommerce, don't you think ?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    makeonlineshop, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  11. vip-registrator

vip-registrator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let us unite, write to me in the PM, and will do the same as the author of the theme

vip-registrator, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  12. Pokkara

Pokkara Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,

Great job and thank you for sharing your journey!

I was thrilled and ready to get Alidropship, when I realized it needs Zend Cache Loader to run.
    My host provider only supports ionCube and there are not going to switch to Zend Cache (ionCube is a much cheaper solution for them).

I've started to fiddle with WP and Woocommerce, only to regret that I am not code-fluent enough to be able to get a nice looking website like yours.

If you plan to release a woocommerce version of Alidrop, without Zend CL requirement, please go for it! :)
    Meanwhile, I would also be interested in a "light" version = just your WP/Woocommerce theme, without any Aliexpress scraping functions.

Cheers mate! :)

Pokkara, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  13. jlostanau

jlostanau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi I bought the AliDropship plugin, but first I have to say that I haven't meet Yaros in person in fact we are from different continents (He's Russian I think, I'm Peruvian).. anyway sorry for my poor english, but this is what I have to say about his plugin.

My business is Dropshipping and my main source of products is Aliexpress, I have many stores in woocommerce and I implemented myself all of them ... is boring as hell. My last site is swcrystals.com and took me around 3 days full time to implement the store with only 20 products. What I hate is the fact that I have to pulish the images and the variation. If a product has 15 variation, that's 15 images I have to edit in photoshop, around 2 hours to do that. It's really annoing, but there is not shortcut for that.

I defend woocommerce to death, it's a great plataform, but requires a lot of time to implement a store base on dropshipping business model and TIME is vital in this business, you cannot spend days or weeks building a store and then updating manually the stock, adding new products, deleting out of stocks products, etc... It's just a slavery task.

Usually this is my routine to "import" a product from Aliexpress to my Woocommerce store

Download the images from Aliexpress with HTTrack Website Copier
    Edit the images in photoshop
    upload the images to my S3
    Create the product and each variable on Woocommerce
    Link each variable with the image product
    Make the description of my product (copy paste from Aliexpress)

All these task took me around 1-2 hours per product

With this plugin I can import a product, variation, price, reviews, images in less than a minute. and keep updating the prices and stocks. If a product in Ali have a discount for 2 days that replicate on my store, and after that offer expire it changes the price .. It's impossible to do that manually on woocommerce. And with this I can add all the products I want and forget about it.

Soon I will make a video about how I make my store with this awesome plugin, and btw the support of Yaros is great. I had a problem with the theme and cart and Yaros fixed quicky. The only downside is that the plugin only work with one theme and customization is very VERY limited, but as Yaros says "it will support WOO themes in the nearest future", I hope so.

This is a great plugin .. I would say it's a business model inside a plugin, thanks Yaros for sharing this with everyone.

PD: My site is worldofash.com .. sorry Yaros I have the idea from Worldofharry.com. I hope to get some of the PokemonGo pie :D

jlostanau, Aug 20, 2016 IP
    yaros likes this.
  14. Pokkara

Pokkara Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thank you for sharing. Your testimonial helps, as I tend to overthink before acting ;-)

Couple of questions for you if it's ok to share more :
    -where do you host your AliDropship website ? Godaddy? 1&1?
    -why do you upload your pics to S3 and not WP directly? do you host your site on amazon EC2 (there is a way to host a site there for free for 1 year apparently; a bit to tedious for my taste though : http://mmwys.online/2016/08/02/complete-guide-to-host-a-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2/)?

Keep up the good work!

Pokkara, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  15. jlostanau

jlostanau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi pokkara, no problem we're here to help us. Asking your question:

1. I use site5 to host my websites. I don't use Hostgator or BlueHost because I had technical issues that didn't solve and some of their IP's are banned. I implemented an Amazon SES for sending email only to find that my sites IP's were blacklisted as spam senders. I haven't try godaddy.

I also implemented a site using EC2, but there is a lot to configure (DNS, NAT, Routing, Website Services, Protocols, SSL, SQL,etc, etc). I work at IBM as an AIX Engineer, but even with my knowledge it's tedious to get a server running properly for hosting and there's gonna be a lot of troubleshooting you'll have to face along the way, it's like building your own car... I don't really have time for that if I want to focus on my business.

Site5 Support is awesome and only for that I happy with their service, they give solution to my hosting problem very quicky and for that I pay.

2. I use S3 only for the images of my products, that way my site's backup size wil be smaller, I don't backup images of products.

PD: I loaded 25 products with variations from Aliexpress to my site worldofash.com in less than an hour this morning.. 250 products is the target ... :D

jlostanau, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  16. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here is a simple instruction about how to negotiate with Instagram group owners about launching Instagram Shoutouts for your dropshipping webstore.

Once you have selected the preferred accounts (the more the better) where you want to launch Shoutouts with your ads, you need to contact the owners of these accounts through Instagram Direct. Please note that unfortunately this function is not available on PC – on Instagram you can only send direct messages from your mobile phone or tablet.

Log in to your Instagram account and search for the chosen accounts using the search bar, then simply proceed to contact the owners of these accounts.

Step 1: Acquaintance

You: Hello! My name is ….. Your account is really great! I would like to ask if you are interested in paid shoutouts on your account? In case you are, please contact me via private message or through e-mail to discuss details. I can create shoutouts for you on my account as well. Thank you in advance!

Account Owner: Hello! Shoutout is $25. Shoutout is live for 24 hours.

Step 2: PayPal account and posting time

You: Please send me your PayPal account details so that I can make payment. What time is it now in your country?

Account Owner: My PayPal is ……@gmail.com. It’s 4.13 am now. I only accept payments as friends/family because of the PayPal fees. Please send money as a friend or family if you want to start the shoutout.

*NOTE:
    The question about time zone is relevant because you will probably target customers living in some specific region, so the timing will matter. To check time zones, you can use this time converter: EST to UTC Converter - Convert Eastern Time to Universal Time - World Time Buddy. You can choose the most convenient time for you and ask an account owner about the opportunity of posting at this exact time. Besides, you can also ask the account owner about their professional opinion on the most suitable time for posting. They usually track the subscribers’ activity in their accounts and can give you good recommendations. It is also important to ask an account owner not to post anything after your shoutout in next 7-8 hours.

You: Could you start the shoutout today at 1pm EDT?

Account owner: Yes, I can.

You: Great! I will send you money and information in the next 30 minutes.

Step 3: Sending money and information

You: I’ve sent you the payment. Could you check it please? Post this information at 2 pm EDT.

*NOTE: It’s better to send a print screen of your payment. It will help the account owner to check information quickly.

You: [Image]

[​IMG]

You: [Caption]

Stainless Steel Fried Egg Mold for only $9.99 (FREE shipping worldwide!) Isn’t it cool? Check out @ksort_kitchen or Ksort.com for more deals like that!

*NOTE: You can also ask an account owner to place a link to your product in his profile BIO.

You: Please post the link in your bio: Egg Yolk Separator (Egg Divider) - free shipping worldwide Tag me on the photo when you post. Thank you!

Step 4. Checking

Account owner: Ok! I’ve got the payment. I will post at 2 pm EDT. Thank you.

*NOTE: Check your Shoutout right after posting. If the account owner did not tag you in the photo or wrote something wrong, you can ask him or her to make the necessary changes.

Regarding the price for a shoutout I would recommend paying around $10 per 100,000 subscribers for one Shoutout (for example, if a group has 300,000 followers, a $30 price for one Shoutout is fine). You can pay more or less of course, but in general you can stick to this amount.

To learn more about Instagram shoutout strategies, check this article: https://alidropship.com/how-to-increase-drophipping-stores-sales-with-instagram-shoutouts/

yaros, Aug 21, 2016 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.
  17. trueabsolute

trueabsolute Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, yaros, I've sent connection request to you on Skype. Would you please accept it?
    Thanks.

trueabsolute, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  18. ziggy27

ziggy27 Peon

Best Answers:
    The same is happening to me now. My host only support ionCube.

ziggy27, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  19. Shareef_sts

Shareef_sts Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just use services like DigitalOcean or Vultr? Their preinstalled VPS instances (WordPress on board with one click) give you full control over what is on your server. Yes, this will require some technical knowledge, but there are plenty of step-by-step tutorials on DigitalOcean and overall just Google it. Give them a try. They are cheap. $5 instance is very reasonable to try and test tons of things.

I hate doing this, but this is good deal, DigitalOcean gives $10 worth credits for new users (of course affiliates :) ) here: m.do.co/c/ccc96936e0dc

BTW: I bought Alidropship and currently configuring it. Must say that backend done very professionally. There are some small issues, but Yaros is very responsive and address them timely.

Shareef_sts, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yaros, Aug 25, 2016 IP