1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The colour red gets you more hits?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Joomer12, Aug 15, 2016.

I read that the psychology of the colour red helps overcome people's short attention spans which according to this site www.8SecondGoldfish.com has been reduced to just 8 seconds.

Is this true? Can I get more hits to my site by using more red or even listing with such a site?

Please help, as I am on a tiny marketing and advertising budget.

Thanks
    Juno.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Joomer12, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If it was 100% the case every site in the world would have been red. This forum isn't red. As far as having, let's say, a banner ad that has a prevalent red color in it - it can work, of course, but so can blue and orange and green and other colors. Universally, red is associated with "attention", "danger", "required" so if anything it can spook someone off if they subconsciously perceive red as "danger".

qwikad.com, Aug 15, 2016 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  3. Joomer12

Joomer12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, but surely the red listings on 8secondgoldfish.com would be different from anything else online? It's a free listing so i'm tossing whether I should give it a try.

Joomer12, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  4. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot be sure on the color or size or even the copy, do some split test and you can get some amazing results. Just because it works for a website with its audience, it doesn't mean it works for you and your audience as well. for instance you can never see red colored buttons in financial service websites, just white, green, dark blue and maybe grey to show safety and trustworthiness. So totally depending on your audience, Unbounce published an amazing analysis on USA elections two main websites couple of weeks back and I suggest you have a read on that.

Mehdi.b, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  5. Peter Bright

Peter Bright Member

Best Answers:
    The bank santander (Europe) is red, I've read a number of articles on colours for branding and marketing, it does seem to depend on what it is your promoting. If I am meeting with a client or banker I find that a blue suite, white shirt and red tie (with a blue pattern) seems to offer some advantage. These colours are psychologically seen as authoritative and also appear fairly unobtrusive. Seems to work for me at least. I have property investors who use yellow black and red flyers when they are marketing for cash purchases, they also seem to work well. On the internet though, it does seem to follow the 'what is your audience' paradigm.

Peter Bright, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  6. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do not focus too much on the colors of your website. Sure, people react differently to different colors, I'd always go for a lighter combination of blue or green because they seem to instill more trust and confidence in people.

However, your question is "Can I get more hits to my site by using red color". No, the color of the site won't bring you more traffic. Even though if you choose any other color, it won't bring you more traffic. You can get better user experience, a higher conversion rate and more satisfied customers by implementing the right color combination, but that has nothing to do with traffic generation.

Ethan Parker, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  7. Quicktime

Quicktime Greenhorn

Best Answers:

strong this, if anything the red color symbolizes "STAY AWAY"

Quicktime, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  8. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found this article that maybe helpful to all you guys.

The psychology of color as it relates to persuasion is one of the most interesting — and most controversial — aspects of marketing.
    How to Use the Psychology of Color to Increase Website Conversions. Research from QuickSprout indicates that 90% of all product assessments have to do with color. “Color,” writes Neil Patel, is “85% of the reason you purchased a specific product.” It’s a no-brainer fact of any website that color affects conversions. Big time.

So, the bottom line is: use the right colors, and you win.

You can read more here: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/psychology-of-color-and-conversions/

Good luck to you!

daica85, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  9. AlexIdea

AlexIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a really nice ariticle! Everything is well explained, and I can't think about adding anything more.
    As above, I won't be focusing so much on red colour, as more on adjusting the perfect one for your product.

AlexIdea, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  10. ThemeBracket

ThemeBracket Banned

Best Answers:
    Even though it's not always red, we can't argue that red is a more safe color to use in these kinds of situations.

ThemeBracket, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  11. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on which purpose of the website that it will have a main color belong to that. As the article above described. Good luck to you.

daica85, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  12. manish21thakur

manish21thakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Red is the color at the longer wavelength end of the spectrum of visible light next to orange, at the opposite end from violet.

Sukhpal Singh Khaira

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    manish21thakur, Aug 23, 2016 IP