1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I trust web hosting reviews to choose the right hosting provider?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Serverhenry, Aug 11, 2016.

While choosing a web host, shall I trust the user reviews published on facebook or google? They may be fake or real. Can we depend on them completely?

Serverhenry, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  2. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have tried few hosting providers before, you will know what their reviews were real or by their own self-judgement or just for promoting a specify hosting for a reason.

I didn't really care about the review given, I searched on those hosting provider that allowed a monthly subscription especially shared host.
    Why shared host on a monthly basis? I don't want to get a banning with no email notification because of high CPU utilized after subscribed for 1 year or few years.

I am one of the pro-WordPress bloggers and I used few heavy plugins that could kill CPU resources on a shared host. Therefore, I always tested with hosting of which allowed to pay by monthly basis.

imuncutno1, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  3. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    well it is difficult to say because some people today buy reviewer in few bucks.

seoaceindia, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  4. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are both honest and paid reviews are surrounded, so contact their support. If you feel some hosting would be fit for your expectation then purchase the basic package or just asking the suggestions about particular hosting here to get the clear ideas!

SEOPearl, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  5. Anonymously[dot]io

Anonymously[dot]io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, you shouldn't. They're easily manipulable. You should rely on what people say about them on forums that have a good reputation.

Anonymously[dot]io, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  6. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as there are too many review sites where hosting companies are paying to post good reviews, still you can trust some of the reputable review portals, where only verified customers could submit their opinions about a company's products and services. Such websites are for instance Trustpilot or Shopper Approved.

euro-space, Aug 15, 2016 IP
  7. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In case of google and facebook, google reviews can be trusted as good does monitor review system , they also delete complete reviews of any company incase they find they are doing false review practice.

webhost.uk.net, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  8. chiquito

chiquito Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to check their support response speed and if they have a live chat, check for real reviews on trusted forums and facebook too why not. you can check FB guys and contact them directly and ask why it was good or bad. All the big guys now in the industry like HostGator or Godaddy have very bad customer support, best to use new companies. my opinion.

chiquito, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  9. MdIsmailHossain

MdIsmailHossain Member

Best Answers:
    It seems about 60% reviews over internet are fake. Now a days people buy fake reviews for their company or services. That's why i always try to find out the negative feedback of a company. I observe reviews in different places like review sites, forums, Question asking sites etc. Most of the time i take my decision from the negative reviews.

MdIsmailHossain, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  10. DomainMecca

DomainMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say don't waste too much time with on this. If you have doubts, just go with known ones such as GoDaddy, Hostgator etc. If you want premium hosting Siteground/WpEngine is the way to go depending on ur budget& needs.

DomainMecca, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  11. euro-space

Best Answers:
    But you're just straightly recommending going to the above companies, without any explanation why! Do you even host your website with them? what is your experience? Please look at the question first and respect it.

euro-space, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  12. DomainMecca

DomainMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, my recommendation is not to waste too much time on reviews and just go with reputable ones. And yes I've been using GoDaddy the last 5 yrs. 24/7 support available and a very reliable for what you're paying.

DomainMecca, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  13. euro-space

Best Answers:
    Same thing again.
    Anyway, how would you prove that you really are they customer? Are you able to provide your website url as well? Hope you understand why I'm asking this, because too many affiliated forum posters are just messing up here, confusing real customers to choose appropriate host.
    And again, OP is not asking to which provider to go, please read the question!

euro-space, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  14. 3aliens

3aliens Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the big guys Pay websites to get put on their top 10 lists and pay for reviews. Big sites have big advertising budgets.
    As far as facebook and Google reviews of web hosts if they are saying they are a customers and post their website URL. Find out if that url goes to the hosts servers. but if you are looking at likes then anyone can pay for likes. you should not only go by reviews of a host. You are going to read more negative than positive reviews also. people will complain about something that pissed them off but when it comes time for a good review most people will not bother do it.

3aliens, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  15. KingRoyale

KingRoyale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To make sure again, you can try to ask it on forums. If the hosting provider trustworthy, then many users will also share about their service.

KingRoyale, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  16. euro-space

Best Answers:
    However, there are lots of paid forum posters happily recommending some provider's hosting services. Everybody knows that.
    I think the best one could do, is to find a host with > 70% good reviews, contract with them about money back guarantee and then test their services and support quality.

euro-space, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  17. 3mints.info

3mints.info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I try any hosting for a month before making any decision or migration.

3mints.info, Aug 22, 2016 IP
    euro-space likes this.
  18. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd think twice before recommending HostGator or any other brands owned by EIG. They have tons of paid partners/affiliates who would recommend them and they themselves own numerous (if not thousands) review sites. Their business model seems to be not to offer a great service to the customer but to make them pay more than once for the same service.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  19. StackNetwork

StackNetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Reviews of Web Hosting companies are can't be trusted these days because of lot of fake paid reviews, but still you can look for original reviews in different forums and web hosting community.

StackNetwork, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  20. euro-space

Best Answers:
    However, there are some websites with genuine reviews, e.g. Trustpilot

euro-space, Oct 12, 2016 IP