1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. olfixx

olfixx Member

Best Answers:
    hi yaros, I've been following your thread for days, and it's my first post in this forum.
    what about delivery time? I see in aliexpress for free / epacket takes 12-20 days .. is there any complaints or refund request from buyer? any suggest how to properly stated that "it will takes 12 - 20 days to reach buyer hand" to customer?
    thanks !

olfixx, Jul 30, 2016 IP
  2. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When you deal with not expensive products and offer free shipping on all items, 10-20 days delivery is fine, I don't have many complaints regarding delivery time.

yaros, Jul 31, 2016 IP
  3. ziggy27

ziggy27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Yaros, I see on other forum where beta testing is over, will the plugin be able to work with woocommerce?

ziggy27, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  4. Mikel1977

Mikel1977 Peon

Best Answers:
    hello I have been reading your story and I have found everything very interesting and inspiring as well informative.. I have been interested in starting a drop shipping myself business myself and learning all the ends and out and I would like to have a mentor or someone can guide me along the way if possible I would be willing to pay for there services as well.. Would that be something you would offer???

Mikel1977, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  5. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, you can consider my new service - http://alidropship.com/start-new-business/

yaros, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  6. Chillance

Chillance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey!

Lovely thread. I really like the openness and transparency here. I'm curious about this point:

I've placed a few orders to test buying from Aliexpress myself, and I get the shippers address and the value written on the package. I'm assuming this value needs to be there for the customs, but what do you do about this? Marking the price up I assume is totally fine. But if you use the Aliexpress price on it, won't it look odd for the customer?

Thanks!

Chillance, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  7. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have never got any complaints from my customers regarding this. They know how much they paid for a particular product and they were satisfied with that price. Besides, when a person gets a package his attention is focused mainly on the item inside, not the information on the cover. However, I would recommend that you inform your suppliers about the fact that you are dropshipping and ask them not to include any business cards or promo materials inside the packages.

yaros, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  8. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am really satisfied with the rapid growth of my Facebook pages recently. The more subscribers you have the more fast your Facebook page is growing and that's cool!

Foe example, look at my Harry Potter page.

almost +30K fans in July!

[​IMG]

yaros, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  9. Chillance

Chillance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks man! Thanks for quick response. I suppose the lower price point on the package helps for customs. And it's not anything wrong with it either as it's the price. Just curious what to do if customers ask about it.

A few other questions if you don't mind.

1. How about the return address? You just let the supplier print theirs on the package?
    2. How do you automate the orders? I can imagine that having like 30+ orders per day can be exhausting to enter manually. It's one thing to export the same product to many customers in a suitable format and give that to the supplier, but what if you have different products? I can't find a suitable API on Aliexpress for this, or am I missing something?

Btw, how is it going with the "Harry Potter" these days? $1,000,000 net per day? ;)

Thanks!

Chillance, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  10. Teemi

Teemi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Yaros,

I read some pages of this thread and came across the requirements for hosting. Is this 'nginx' required for your plugin?

Would appreciate your response.

Teemi, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  11. ziggy27

ziggy27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Another competition with wp plugins, anyone ever tried this alicommerce.co?

ziggy27, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  12. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Yes, and it does not cause any issues

2. Now I am integrating the system with auto-filling the orders

yaros, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  13. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This tool does not import product variations.

yaros, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  14. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This month I have a new leader in my collection! HokageStore.com

Almost $1500 of net profit after the first week of this month (a bit more than WorldofHarry). However, i spent $89 on Instagram shoutouts.

btw I found a group in Instagram that has 2mln. subscribers and the owner of it allows shoutouts for $180. It seemed expensive to me but after I realised that it is only $9 for 100,000 I found it as a good deal. I will try it soon and let you know about my results.

yaros, Aug 8, 2016 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.
  15. Teemi

Teemi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros, can you please answer my question as posted above?

Attached Files:

Teemi, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  16. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is not required, it uses Apache.

yaros, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  17. eugen92

eugen92 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately yaros didn't reply my message regarding the beta testing I sent him already more than 2 weeks ago. Would be interested to test it but no reply.

eugen92, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry, the beta is over. I have got around 60 requests from Digital. Unfortunately I can't provide such number of free licenses.

yaros, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  19. Linas K

Linas K Member

Best Answers:
    Good day, everyone

I also have a honnor to be among Yaros AliDropship plugin Beta testers. Even though I still can't find any serious bugs or problems to report and bring him benefits as a tester, I thought I can atleast thank him and his team by posting my experiences and impressions publicly.

I found this journey using google while looking how to earn some cash online and this appeared like thing I want to try. I started texting to Yaros via skype a lot by asking him when his plugin will available to order, but as he said there was still many things to do, so he didn't knew exact release date. I had some experience creating web stores using OpenCart platform before, so I though I can make my own dropshipping store faster and without any expenses. But I was wrong. I had to work on it for few months, because I faced with several annoying products administration problems. Creating few hundreds products manualy, downloading and uploauding photos and making descriptions by yourself takes way too much time. Even when you done with that it's not your problems end, because you never know when there is changes in aliexpress (some products or options can be removed from time to time), so I had to make html file with links to aliexpress products, and check the whole list manualy at least once a week just to be sure if there is still all products and options available for sale which my store offers. It's just very unproffesional and time-consuming. Clearer, it's really pain in the butt. You can take a look at this store, its: WorldOfMarley(dot)com .

Recently I saw that Yaros is finally finishing his plugin and searching for Beta testers so I wrote him. He gave me files and single license to try so I bought new domain and installed it. And what can I say after exploring his work is that I felt like a complete moron and I dont really know where to start. Every problem I occured before and wasted my time is very well solved and automated here. Search, products import and other features works flawlessly. You only need a bit of time to understand structure of control panel and its features. The themes that comes with that plugin looks very proffesional. I think one of the most important things to succeed in dropshipping business is to make your customers feel safe and confident. These themes can trully show-off on that point. It just makes the impression that you will trully receive your goods and it's safe to checkout. BTW, Imported positive commends adds great boost to that as well.

I dont really want to go into details, but the main idea is that you shouldn't even try to waste your time on things which are already made. Personally, I think this plugin price and quality ratio is insanely good. I know that a lot of people following this thread came up to idea create their own web stores as I did, but believe me, for that amount of money it's just not worth it to bother yourself like that. Moreover, your final result probably will not look as good as this anyways.

Now I will finish creating my beta store and maybe give you feedback about how it is going in future!

Thank You, Yaros, for such a great work!

P.S. Sorry for my poor English, tried hard. :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Linas K, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  20. sharoni

sharoni Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros, is the dropship plugin available to purchase on its own? Or do we have to order a ready-made website?
    Thanks,
    Sharoni

sharoni, Aug 9, 2016 IP