1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Referral Traffic

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Vegee, Aug 8, 2016.

For my website, GA shows more referral traffic than organic traffic ? Is it good for website ranking?
    :confused:

Vegee, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  2. NomySirang

NomySirang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For ranking well it depends on the kind of websites that are referring traffic, if the referring sites have high domain authority and page rank it will have a positive impact on your website ranking, and if, the referring sites have low page rank your site would not be ranking well in search results. For understanding this point you should read more about creating backlinks and social bookmarking sites.

NomySirang, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's good if your referral traffic websites are truth and have high authority, in the same market and also have the high ranking.

daica85, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  4. Vegee

Vegee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply, my website have a referral traffic from some unwanted websites like .xyz,etc. I think these are all low page rank websites.

Vegee, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  5. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Daica and Nomi. It is definitely a good sign.

karen9999, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  6. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to get more organic traffic then the views will be automatically increased on your website and do some off-page SEO strategies to earn more real traffic to your website will be good for your blog.

SEOPearl, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  7. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    both are great for rankings.
    But if your website is about lets say cooking and your referral traffic comes from adult websites or forex, then its not good for ranking.

wanessmark, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  8. SEO.Student.15

SEO.Student.15 Member

Best Answers:
    MOZ has a good toolbar that shows the page authority and site authority rankings. Also keep in mind the timing of organic traffic. Obviously if your site is recent it will have more referral traffic than organic but over time the organic traffic will grow.

SEO.Student.15, Dec 30, 2016 IP
  9. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with one of the comments in this thread. It's true that it's important where your referral traffic is coming from. If you're getting referrals from black hat sites or sites that are deemed malicious, this will effect your rankings. But if your referrals are coming from high ranking established sites this is great, it shows Google that people are interested in your content. Also, it was mentioned that MOZ has a great SEO toolbar. I use it and I've have found it really helpful.

Dana C. Beck, Dec 30, 2016 IP
  10. ziyapathan

ziyapathan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your ranking depends on the referral traffic. If your referral is good and will provide a dofollow link it will make big difference.

ziyapathan, Jan 11, 2017 IP
  11. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I have to agree, dofollow links are the best but sometimes they're hard to get. But the more dofollow links you have the more Google will like you LOL!

Dana C. Beck, Jan 13, 2017 IP