1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve its popularity or get more people know it?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Himalayal, Jul 26, 2016.

Our Website are about high voltage test equipments. How can I improve its popularity or get more people know it? I feel it's hard to promote.....:(

Himalayal, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  2. easycustomersupport

easycustomersupport Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Himayal, who uses high voltage test equipments? Electricians, technicians, repairmen, right?

I know that it doesn't necessarily sound like a social media-savy audience, but considering that you will not be spending a dime, using Twitter can be a good start.

Here's our recent blog post about how to see the bigger picture when you're trying to reach a certain audience:

Most website owners spend their time and effort on trying to sell their products. What I will suggest today, is I think a more effective approach would be the following

Don’t focus too much on the product itself. Better sell the life style associated with that product. This is what Starbucks, Nike, and many other brands are doing, and generating higher profits compared to their competitors.

So… What life style are we talking about?

Let’s say you’re selling organic oil, olives, infusions, soaps… What do these products represent? A healthy life style, right?

And who use these products?

People who jog, visit GYM’s, and eat healthy. Right?

So, how do we find them?

Simple. On Twitter.

They tweet. They tweet when they check in a GYM via Swarm, they tweet when they complete a long run via Fitbit, or manually when they had a nice and heathy meal.

Visit Twitfox.com (we’re not affiliated), choose some keywords such as “I’m at Gold Gym”, or “just had a run”, or “just ate [Insert healthy food name]”. Twitfox will automatically like these tweets on behalf of you.

Before doing that, don’t forget to edit your Twitter account and make sure that it includes your website address on your profile. Also, send some Tweets with product photos and links. In a short while, you will observe an inbound interest from people like the following:

[​IMG]
    Don’t forget to add a couple of marketing messages tailored specifically for these people. And it should work for you.

More information available at: http://www.botego.com

easycustomersupport, Aug 6, 2016 IP
  3. Himalayal

Himalayal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you . I will try

Himalayal, Aug 28, 2016 IP
  4. Himalayal

Himalayal Greenhorn

Best Answers:

But our products are high voltage test equipments which are different from daily supplies. Maybe many people can not understand it. Can you recommend some websites to share articles?

5. Himalayal

Himalayal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good idea. I will try. Thank you.

6. Alex.J

Alex.J Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My suggest is social media ads! This is more than fast method for promote your offers!
    I think that facebook can be a good start not twitter but each has its own methods i guess...

Alex.J, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  7. Helparo

Helparo Peon

Best Answers:
    One way through which you can find people interested in your field and your products. If you comment, post information about your products or answer to questions related to your domain, there is a high chance that you can attract them on your website.

The second option is represented by ads. Using Google keywords, you can look and see what and how people are searching for. Then, based on the keywords you select, you can create some ads and analyze how they perform.

Facebook, Twitter or other types of ads are also a good option. In order to decide which one is best for you, research where you are more likely to find your audience. After that, you can choose one or more types of ads that can bring new traffic on your website.

Helparo, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  8. Stot

Stot Peon

Best Answers:
    You got some really great replies here, especially the comments about SEO. I think that is so important for ecommerce, as it can be really powerful in attracting the right kind of people on your website (plus, it doesn't need a huge budget like ads do)

There's an online quiz that you might find useful, that through a few questions diagnoses how well your ecommerce is performing from the point of view of SEO and recommends the best next steps for you to optimise it. Here's the link: http://www.purplefrog.co.uk/how-well-is-your-ecommerce-site-actually-performing

Hope this helps!

Stot, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  9. Mia@shippo

Mia@shippo Peon

Best Answers:
    There are loads of really good responses here! If you're looking a little extra information, we just published a blog post where we curated over 50 different tips about E-Commerce businesses from experts. There's a section dedicated to Marketing and Promotion that you may find useful: http://www.shippo.co.uk/tips-and-tricks/50-tips-tricks-and-useful-bits-of-advice-from-experienced-e-commerce-sellers/

Mia@shippo, Sep 13, 2016 IP
  10. helen.davis

helen.davis Member

Best Answers:
    You can create a kind of a UGC (user generated content) section on the website and start it out with a topic like some funny industry-specific jokes, anecdotes, stories and articles. Post a couple of them and encourage existing clients to add some. Share these stories through your companies accounts on LinkedIn, Twitter, fb or maybe some industry-related forums. Besides, it would be easy to include some keywords into such kind of content.

helen.davis, Sep 26, 2016 IP
  11. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always say advertise it in one way or the other. It doesn't have to be asking professional ad makers to do it. Many do it through social media, or else to have a blog or go to forums. Offline get the word out by making flyers and posters. Talk to people if there's an opportunity.

Milliardo, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  12. Raghabendra Pradhan

Raghabendra Pradhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I would suggest you to try Craiglist ad posting. You can also target other free online classified ad posting services. Add local citation building, as your products are very likely to be ordered by local people and companies. And, as most of the members have suggested, you can also go for free social media presence.

Raghabendra Pradhan, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  13. OBVAVirtualassistant

OBVAVirtualassistant Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, as Raghabendra Pradhan said, you can post your products in local ad posting sites, to make them popular. You can also get some prospective buyers out of it.

OBVAVirtualassistant, Oct 28, 2016 IP
  14. vuongseo

vuongseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can run google Adword advertising or SEO

vuongseo, Oct 29, 2016 IP