1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does email marketing work?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by michaelreyes, Aug 3, 2016.

Does email marketing really make you 3 times more money than simply sending the prospect directly to the offer? I know only 30% of people sign up on a landing page so I am worried that the other 70% would be potential buyers.

Also if email marketing really does work will my sales increase the more subscribers I get? Will people buy from me again as I know repeat business is vital in order to become a millionaire.

michaelreyes, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  2. xdhirax

xdhirax Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it does.

Simple math. Say you have a landing page with an opt in form
    Ads --> Lead --> Landing page Opt in --> Sales page
    vs.
    Ads --> Lead --> Sales page

If they opt in, they wind up on the sales page. They may or may not buy. But if they opted in you can still send them 20 emails convincing them to "Go Back And Buy".
    With the second option, they see the sales page once and they never return, and you lost them forever (unless you pay for retargetting and hope they return).

With optins, they are "yours forever... and you can email them a million times till they buy. And you can sell other stuff too...

xdhirax, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  3. ramblinman

ramblinman Member

Best Answers:
    Email is the best, maybe not taken in isolation for a single offer, but think of all those who opt into your list will then be there for you to encourage them to look at your offer again and then they are available to see your next offer and next and so on and as each offer is made more people join your list, so more opportunity to sell to more and more people and so on. Obviously make sure that what you offer is good decent stuff so that your list will know like and trust you.

ramblinman, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  4. michaelreyes

michaelreyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can a list like and trust you in, say, the make money online niche when 90% of marketers fail to make a penny online? This whole "building a relationship" seems like nonsense to me.

michaelreyes, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  5. Diskretni

Diskretni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dude,if you are so sceptical go sell furniture,anyway,emails are maybe one of the best things for internet marketing.

Diskretni, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  6. Alex D

Alex D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing really works. You can get more customers with it than without. One more option to contact with your potential customers is always good. However ONLY email marketing can't make you a millionaire...

Alex D, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  7. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on the production/service which you're offering.

I've experienced great results in both way...

All you need is to decide whether you customer wants immediate result or he/she can wait for sometimes, then set your strategy according to it. For example, if moms over 40s want to lose weight, then they can wait for a few days, and try your free offer to test what you're offering and then buy the final product later.

But, on the other hand, if someone is experiencing joint (ankle) pain, he will perhaps buy the product immediately; he won't need your free offer. Since, if you'll resolve his pain with your free offer, why would he buy the product, which you'll offer after a few days?

So, from my experience, it all depends on the product or service which you offer. Just think whether your customer wants immediate result, or he can wait for a few days.

Regards.

billll, Aug 6, 2016 IP
  8. Booboone

Booboone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been doing online marketing for about 10 years; i have never used email marketing. I don't know why, i don't feel it.

Booboone, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  9. imnathanjames

imnathanjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A lot of people do not bother with email marketing. People say you are missing out. But are you really.
    You make some great points, especially about the repeat business.
    I have a small list, but feel the same way. Just how long do people stay on your list, people do not continually buy from you. But if you are an email marketer then you are always adding new subs to your list.so as people unsubscribe, new people are coming through.

My mentor recently said that apparently, if your list is built right then every person on your list should be worth roughly $2-$3 a month. Not sure how true this is , but it could work as a good guideline.

Hope this helps.

imnathanjames, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  10. RM Flyn

RM Flyn Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing really works
    You can get more customers.

RM Flyn, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  11. david65

david65 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im pretty sure it does

david65, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  12. hassancollins

hassancollins Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey MichaelReyes,

Yes email marketing is one of the greatest tools to have work for you. The key to making it work is to be constantly giving your consumers great value for free all the time and develop a relationship with them so they believe you have their best interests at heart and really want to help them reach their goals faster. Once you do that with the free value you offer which only has to be a couple really good emails, all you have to do is simply recommend them a product and they'll buy because you're offering such good value for free all the time. Then through your autoresponder just repeat the cycle the people that enjoyed buying the first offer you recommended will buy the second and so on.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
    -Hassan

hassancollins, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  13. maurice.cowell

maurice.cowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email marketing only works if done properly. You can use some tools to make your campaign effective and fast than the manual way of doing it. The key is to offer them something relevant to them or else you are just wasting your time. Make sure your campaign is believable and encouraging.

maurice.cowell, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  14. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing will work if your target audience are aware from your newsletter in which consist of new and interesting information as well as benefiting them in may ways.

KylieSweet, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  15. 76designs

76designs Peon

Best Answers:
    In my honest opinion email marketing works for some and doesn't work at all for others, for each his own.

76designs, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  16. Tatyana Gnet

Tatyana Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    You should understand that the biggest problems in e-mail marketing are timing and consistency. Once you have somebody's e-mail doesn't mean that you have his/her heart in your pocket. You should produce good content (or if your are running a digital store - coupons and smart sales actions), then send it accurately in time - 1-2 times a week, be fresh and non-trivial, segmentate your base in a right way, tune follow-ups, etc. It's a hell of work to do! If you're not ready for it, then probably you shouldn't start and waste your time and efforts.

Tatyana Gnet, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  17. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The way the email newsletter is designed makes a lot of difference. Make sure to add the right content (not too much of it) and make it readable with some impressive images. Also, it is important to make sure that the heading of the newsletter convinces the reader to click on the email to read it. It is very important to not to flood the newsletter with too much of unnecessary information.

MilesWeb, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  18. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    I have been doing it for almost 18 years now and it does work. I do it quite differently than most.

I buy data (email) rather than building lists from scratch. The downside of this is that highly targets lists will almost always be much more responsive, than data you purchase. So you to compensate for this, you have to work with higher volume. This really isn't a big deal, as buying data is much faster and cheaper, than building lists.

You never want to just buy data blindly. You want to always get a sample and test it and get an idea of the quality and how long it will likely take to brrak-even on. Then based on the results, you can either move forward and purchase or negotiate a better price, if you need for it to break-even quicker.

Any data that you purchase, you need to have it cleaned by a reputable email hygiene company. This will rove any known complainers, spam traps, etc... However, it does not reduce the risks 100%, but it does mitigate it enough, that it makes buying data very cost effective long term.

In the end, it's not about the data you initially acquire. You want to always be collecting the opens and clickers and segmenting the data, as well as removing the non responsive users. That way over time, you will be building smaller, but very responsive lists, so that you are sending less and making more, each time you send.

In addition to the above, I for the most part do not try and sell anything to user. I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required in order to complete an offer. So conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that require a purchase.

I favor PPL offers that have a make, get or save money angle / benefit to them, as they are what have typically worked best and tend to have the great mass appeal, so the potential exists to produce high volume.

There are many PPL offer that pay $20-$60 each (some higher depending on the vertical) that work well with front-end offers. Those that pay less, I will usually run on the back-end. I also will promote free signups (dating for example), free trials + s&h (weigh loss, ecig, etc...) and a small amount of offers that require a purchase.

Regardless of what offers I run, the key is that mass appeal to need to exist. This way they have the potential to convert, even with non targeted data and when sending them on the back-end. Additionally, it's easier to cross promote, as someone interested in saving money on X, could also be interested in saving money on Y. Or isn't interested in X, may be interested in Y. It's all about monetizing the data.

Basically, I'm really monetizing data using PPL offers, because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions and converting the data into cash producing assets.

Anyway, there is more that goes into it, but it does work. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, does 6-7 figures. While that may be a huge range. Much comes down to ones ability to scale and effectively manage the infrastructure that comes with scaling.

Anyway, something to think about.

eMonetize, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  19. RM Flyn

RM Flyn Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing works and you can get more customers from this.

RM Flyn, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  20. Bill Wade

Bill Wade Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is one of the important way to building your passive income. Trying to make quality list email.

Bill Wade, Aug 20, 2016 IP