1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about my English?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mrforum, Jul 8, 2016.

Hi,

I am not a native English speaker, but i do and i have to, deal a lot with English. I am a self-taught geek/software engineer. Recently i decided to start a few blogs and so i started to practice writing because i believe that if i have an idea or knowledge in a particular field, it will be more affective if i express the ideas myself rather than outsourcing it to a writer.

How would you rate my English out of 10?

Thanks!

mrforum, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  2. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I rate it above most English writers - great for someone writing English as a second language. I'd still recommend hiring a proofreader, though, if you are going to write your own blog posts. There are a couple of mistakes in your thread that a proofreader would be able to correct quickly without changing the tone of what you're trying to say.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  3. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply, i had that idea too, simply write the content then have a writer polish it / correct the grammar :)

mrforum, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  4. imransoudagar

imransoudagar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would rate 5 out of 10. Your English is good, not too bad and not too good. But if your aim is to write blog posts then you can write good blog posts, but you will need to improve few things. Like @Crimebuster_of_the_Sea mentioned, I too would recommend you to hire a proofreader or download Grammarly Premium; it will help you polish your content.

If you need help, feel free to ask.

imransoudagar, Jul 9, 2016 IP
  5. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I won't sugarcoat, I would rate your writing 4.5/10.

As what Stephen King said, if you want to improve your writing, you should read a lot and write a lot. Write everyday. Write at least 500 - 1,000 words each day.

Read a book each week. Read grammar books. The elements of style is worth reading.

And to improve your voice, get a book from one of your favorite author, then copy it by hand. Copy 2 - 3 pages per day. You would be surprised once you're done copying, your writing and voice will improve greatly.

Navea, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  6. Timon Joy

Timon Joy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First, You need to write everyday with a short story.

Timon Joy, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen your posts on here and I'll rate you an 8 out of 10. But please start making your "i's" capital letters (I). By the way, I generally rate the average native English writer between a 6-8.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Aug 21, 2016 IP