1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is blog commenting still work for link building?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Eloy Rodriguez, Jul 7, 2016.

Hi

I have done blog commenting before as one form of link building, just not sure if it still going to work now? Will it still be credited for google?

Eloy Rodriguez, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The links are nofollow.

dcristo, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  3. thirdhandbd

thirdhandbd Member

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in hearing about this as well. My understanding is that it should still work given that the link source is sufficiently credible. I think communities in general are very important whether that be a blog or a network: I say so because it matters what people think and nothing is more reflective than online communities. Google can probably read and understand context on some levels. If you post a low-quality blog comment, Google should pick up the pattern rather easily.

thirdhandbd, Jul 10, 2016 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  4. Nargil

Nargil Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, blog comment links are not necessarily nofollow. Some of them are, some are not. I will gladly show you hundreds of sites with dofollow blog comment sections.

Niche relevant blog comments are still fairly effective and even non niche relevant can be. They are indexed almost immediately, considering the websites with blog comments are already indexed and Google recrawls them frequently. However, it's important not to overdo it, blog comments aren't exactly considered to be high quality backlinks. But yes, they are still effective and I dare to say, that now more than ever,

Nargil, Jul 15, 2016 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  5. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I too agree with you both guys.
    Since google started taking a note of citation, every mention of targeted website (wheater linked or not) has some value. When blog comment is appreciated by other people then its credit has to be recorded by Google. The context, definitely, matters. In general, they are good if valuable comments are made on blogs where people are there to hear your voice.

Mr_Kumar, Jul 16, 2016 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog Commenting was popular for spamming activity that's why almost all of them are no follow so better earn trust from your target users through engagements.

KylieSweet, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  7. fazziboy

fazziboy Member

Best Answers:
    i think yes if links are dofollow but now a days people don't allow dofollow on their blogs.

fazziboy, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  8. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    not too much but its really good for obtain some traffic.

seoaceindia, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  9. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its still work but you need to be carefull on comments, need to how much moz rank the site has! Check authority, do follow. I always avoid link commenting on site that doesn't have Good PA & DA

Furquan Ahmed, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  10. redesignunit@gmail.com

redesignunit@gmail.com Banned

Best Answers:
    Google may still technically give credit for these links, but they sure don’t help as much as they previously did. There’s no way that you’ll power rankings with this strategy alone.

redesignunit@gmail.com, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  11. L D Vancouver

L D Vancouver Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As mentioned I don't think the algorithm is ranking them high... I haven't used blog links\comments in backlink strategy once.

L D Vancouver, Jul 22, 2016 IP
  12. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's not that popular right now. And most blogs do not allow links in their comments.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  13. Mani roy

Mani roy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, blog commenting should be definitely a part of your overall SEO strategy. A certain %age of the link can be from blog commenting. Moreover, apart from inbound linking, you should also try outbound linking to other blogs for content relevancy. The linking should be natural and a mix of High PR and medium PR blogs.

Mani roy, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  14. Astrochologistdotcom

Astrochologistdotcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you have to just comment on sites that are relative to your niche. That way you establish credibility even if the links are nofollow

Astrochologistdotcom, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  15. shukla.ime

shukla.ime Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is good for generating good traffic on your site. it may be more beneficial for site if it done by proper method. each blog comment should be unique on every comment. don't put link in your comment box.

shukla.ime, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  16. aadhar sharma

aadhar sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it may work in bing and yahoo but not in google.

aadhar sharma, Jul 29, 2016 IP
  17. Kadabra

Kadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes and no.

First, they are less popular than in the past, and I mean like 10 times less. And it's defintely shouldn't be your main tactics. However, you can use it a bit if you have time.
    1. Make sure to post only on related sites and the ones that allow links.
    2. Make your reply is relevant and interesting. If the users click on that link google will appreciate it more.
    3. Follow links are better but no-follow links that get clicked also give something.
    4. Don't use it as your main/only Technic.
    5. Don't post your links on spammy sites - you can check majestic for that, but not really necessary. Just take a look - if you see that dozens of posts with links in them - it's worthless and can only do harm.

Kadabra, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  18. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is still exist and it has the little benefits in ranking if we get the do-follow backlinks from the niche based blogs. Also, it always helpful to generate the lot of traffic to the blog.

SEOPearl, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  19. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rather than only thinking about Google, you should consider about long term traffic solution. For that blog commenting is effective technique. It helps to build a niche relevant audience for your website.

Moreover if you able to get dofollow backlink through blog comment, Google will also consider that in keyword ranking. Remember Google has already specified it will give more importance to links which brings traffic.

seo_buzz, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  20. Emma Clark

Emma Clark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maximum blog comment links are no-follow.

Emma Clark, Aug 4, 2016 IP