1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am developing a small TOOL for copywriters, will you use this?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mrforum, Jun 18, 2016.

Hi folks,

First of all i would like to let you know that i am not a copywriter and i just decided to start it as i noticed that i need that in many aspects of my path.

You may have noticed one thing in the above sentence, the lack of proper words / word structure.

That is my problem, and it's for the same problem i am in the process of developing a small online tool.

There may be similar tools out there online for writers, but i couldn't find a tool which fits my specific needs.

Simply put, I am developing a tool where i can store writing inspirations, keywords, phrases etc.. and associate it with some descriptive keywords and you/anyone can search for phrases / sentence by entering some keywords.

Example:

Let's say you found the following piece online
    "Or to put it another way....."
    You can store that phrase with descriptive keywords like 'alternate', 'in other words' etc..
    Another example:
    If you’re looking for what’s arguably the smartest ways to block calls on your Android phone, look not further than Mr. Number.
    You can store that phrase with descriptive keywords like 'choice', 'best option' etc..

Like those there are plenty of nice pieces of phrases we see online everyday, if any of those are new to you then you can store it like above, and use it later.

Even though i wonder how much this will give to the experienced writers, i hope it will at least help new writers with wordings / phrases.

Thanks for reading, please share your thoughts!!

mrforum, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How does your tool differ from a spinner?

sarahk, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  3. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As i understand, spinning means re-writing the same content by slightly changing words, right ?

This tool is not for that, this is a tool where you can STORE phrases / words you come across on the internet or anywhere else, as inspirations.

Like graphic designers take inspirations forum other's nice designs from sites like Behance, Dribbble etc.. they take something from those designs or create something which is similar to it, Likewise this tool will allow writers to store their own word/phrase/sentence inspirations they come across online and use it later.

Hope you get it!

mrforum, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  4. Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do this now with Evernote.

Rob Whisonant, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Sounds like the crib sheet I had when I was cycle touring in France. Is your target market ESL writers?

sarahk, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  6. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Not specific to ESL writers, originally i intended to develop this small tool for my own use, but i just wanted to check if others also can make use of it if i put it as an online tool, any writer regardless of language, to store their inspirations or nice pieces of word sets.

Well, thanks for sharing, is there any special option in Evernote to do this? Do you think this tool will not help writers ?

mrforum, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  7. Rob Whisonant

Best Answers:
    Evernote let's me tag, search and view in several formats across all my devices. It's cloud based and can be accessed by phone, computer, tablet and browser if needed. I can also cllip anything I am reading and send it automatically to Evernote.

The main reason I would not use your new tool is because I want everything in one place and I want to use the minimum number of tools. Currently I use Evernote and Scriviner for all my writing projects.

Hope it does well for you. I am just not your target audience.

Rob Whisonant, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  8. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Well that makes sense , I didn't aware about Evernote's power before, before posting this idea i did a little research to see if there is any tool for these type of things,couldn't find one, but even though i am using Evernote on my phone for mainly setting reminders, i didn't know Evernote's other uses.

I think i will rather try Evernote to see how it works :)

mrforum, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  9. mrforum

Best Answers:
    Btw, are you using the free version ?

mrforum, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  10. Rob Whisonant

Best Answers:
    I am using the paid version of Evernote.

Rob Whisonant, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  11. poison_paradize

poison_paradize Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe your idea needs a little add-on. Evernote does this.

poison_paradize, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  12. Hot Pursuit

Hot Pursuit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't like how Evernote looks and I'll gladly use your version if your design is better.

Hot Pursuit, Jul 5, 2016 IP