1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo doesn't like Adsense?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Bangkok Baby, Dec 15, 2006.

I have a site which was number 2 for its keyword in yahoo SERPS for months. All I had done was good onpage optimization and few quality incoming links. But my site was no where in google, hence I decided to build links. For last couple of months I have put some real efforts to get my site listed at directories, buy links etc. As a result my site is now on the second page of google SERPS for the desired keyword and started getting traffic.
    Once it started getting traffic I placed adsense on the site and all of a sudden my yahoo ranking dropped drastically. :(

Does this mean yahoo doesn't like Adsense? Or should I beleive that it is because of a recent yahoo update/algo change?

Bangkok Baby, Dec 15, 2006 IP
    seojig likes this.
  2. Jelf

Jelf Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry didnt read your post but why would they?

Jelf, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  3. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think yahoo even knows because they censor out all the <script> items on a page...but even if they did read the script, they wouldn't care.

I rank #1 out of 11mill+ results for my keyword still. it must have been something else you did.

why are you bothering to respond if you don't read the post? heh

fsmedia, Dec 15, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  4. Bangkok Baby

Bangkok Baby Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought. But I thought, I would you guys for an expert opinion.

Just for the sake of argument can I say: May be because Adsense is a competetor to YPN. :D

Bangkok Baby, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  5. Futures_Equity

Futures_Equity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah that would be good for yahoo at least in the short term to do that, but if people find out they would make yahoo less credible, since search engines are supposed to provide the best suitable pages without regard to money. no clue, but interesting story

Futures_Equity, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  6. Bangkok Baby

Bangkok Baby Peon

Best Answers:
    There are people who beleive that google care less about organic results ( so many spam/black hat sites on first page of SERPS) and worry more about adwaords landing page quality. So that people find Ads more relevant than the organic search results. People who search on google don't care, if it is organic results or adwords, as long as they find the right stuff as a result of their search.
    I don't beleive in this theory though. :D

Bangkok Baby, Dec 16, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  7. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Intersesting theory, could be a coinsidence tough, Yhaoo just updated it's algo recently.

Dave E, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  8. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Its just a coincidence, you did something else which affected the rankings

IT

Correctus, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  9. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Its not in favor of Yahoo! to dislike sites using adsense :)
    Makes no sense at all.

Mong, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  10. peaches

peaches Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm While Yahoo may not affect your rankings if you use Google Adsense or not, what about if you use YPN. While they list you higher? I know alot of people say no way, but I have been doing a bit of an experiment on it, and it seems that sites I place YPN on I get higher rankings. Of course this can all be argued and you could say that I went up for other reasons, but, its just weird that I stay in one position at Yahoo for soo long (6 months) then all of a sudden I put YPN on my site and I go up in ranks within 2 weeks? Not much, but I have gone up some, and as stated this has happened with several websites that I have recently switched from adsense to YPN. Of course I have no way to prove this nor do I know how I would prove this, but just try it yourself and see if anything happens.

peaches, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  11. Bangkok Baby

Bangkok Baby Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that info Peaches. Yeh, there is NO proof that Adsense will give me a lower ranking or YPN will get you a higher ranking in yahoo SERPS. But I guess search engine robots are capable of identifying adsense codes and YPN codes, if not all the javascripts. :rolleyes:

Bangkok Baby, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  12. Olney

Olney Berserker

Best Answers:
    I had this happen to me with a site that I had also.
    Completely dropped a few days after adding a big Adsense box to the site.
    I believe it was manually pushed though.

Olney, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  13. maepaulino

maepaulino Guest

Best Answers:
    I think if yahoo would ban the site using adsense... what results would they give to the surfers?... a lot of sites are using adsense now for their income..

maepaulino, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  14. Bangkok Baby

Bangkok Baby Peon

Best Answers:
    No, Yahoo didnot ban any site for using adsense. We are only talking about the drop in raking in SERPS.
    May be they ahve something in their new algo which give low ranking for MFA sites. My site wasn't an MFA site though. :rolleyes:

Bangkok Baby, Dec 17, 2006 IP