1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Wordpress Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Harris96, Jan 24, 2016.

I've been reading reviews on all the websites, which provides the best wordpress hosting. Then I see Siteground is one which is on the top everywhere. So, I want to confirm here if this is of one the best hosting platform should I need to join them?

Harris96, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  2. Jose1236

Jose1236 Peon

Best Answers:
    try rehosting.xyz/ when I did webdesign I used them. They have abunch of features

Jose1236, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  3. Localnode

Localnode Active Member

Best Answers:
    Localnode, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  4. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    seoaceindia, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  5. Localnode

Localnode Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator is now owned by EIG. EIG are terrible.

Localnode, Jan 27, 2016 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  6. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    I agree the best hosting for you is one that meets your needs. What one person thinks is the best another will say they are bad.

As far as wordpress hosting you have to do your research. As most that offer wordpress hosting have it set up on the same shared hosting server.

You want to make sure they are running SSD drives, cloud linux, light speed, mariadb and so on.

CenTex Hosting, Jan 28, 2016 IP
    thewebhostingdir likes this.
  7. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree with @CenTex Hosting that the best hosting is the one that meets your needs. But if you want to check the reviews of a certain hosting provider then you can check the review sites like trustpilot.com etc. From there you can search the site you want to check the review for.

Benpick, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  8. ioZoom

ioZoom Member

Best Answers:
    Contact them with your requirements and send it to the support department and see how fast they respond which is usually an indicator of how fast their support response is. If that is to your satisfaction I think you'll be fine as they are transparent and have been in the industry for a long time.

ioZoom, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  9. tillhunter

tillhunter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check here is very good page to compare web hosting plans. There all features for minimum plan that companies offers
    https://hithoster.com/compare-hosting

tillhunter, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  10. drestauro

drestauro Member

Best Answers:
    While the support is so/so, DreamHost put together a nice architecture with their Dreampress2 service. They give you a VPS for the fronted, and a MySQL instance on a separate server. This providers a lot of extra muscle. Then they have a Varnish reverse proxy on NginX caching everything. The DB is also Memcached. And they will throw in a cloudflare CDN to boot, which you can edge cache static content. It all adds up to a lightning fast site.

drestauro, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  11. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    euro-space, Mar 22, 2016 IP
  12. WpPeter007

WpPeter007 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a benchmark for WordPress hosting on ReviewSignal. Top 5 were:
    1. A Small Orange
    2. BlueHost
    3. CloudWays
    4. DreamHost
    5. FlyWheel

Complete benchmark can be found here:
    http://reviewsignal.com/blog/wordpress-hosting-performance-benchmarks-2015-infographic/

WpPeter007, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  13. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for shared hosting, I would recommend the company I use for my personal site, Nexcess. It's a few bucks more than the really cheap plans from hosts like Hostgator and other unreliable EIG hosts, but it's worlds better quality. You can check out the details here. https://www.nexcess.net/wordpress/hosting

SlimCharles47, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  14. monim1

monim1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, It is difficult to point out single name. There are many hosting companies out there. It would be better for you to compare among different WP hosting providers to find out the best one. Here you will find complete comparison among different WordPress Hosting providers.

monim1, Apr 2, 2016 IP
  15. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep. I had to pull about 12 clients from them right after they got bought out. Stuff went downhill quickly.

Nigel Lew, Apr 2, 2016 IP
  16. strangething

strangething Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a good and reliable hosting for wordpress site, then I suggest choosing Siteground. I have been with them for over a year and all I can say is - WOW.

Pros
    1. Website transfer is free. Before that I hosted my website with godaddy. Not anymore...
    2. Support was top notch. I had 2 issues, both were answered very quickly and efficiently.
    3. Speed is very good. They even have their own webcash wordpress plugin (supercasher or smth, can't remember). Plus they offer free cloudflare CDN to speed up things.
    4. Free daily backup.
    5. Free domain
    6. You get what you pay for. The lowest plan suitable for ~10.000 visits per month. Once it goes up you will have to upgrade to bigger plans (~25.000 or ~100.000 visits)

Cons:
    1. Only one website for lowest price of 5.95$
    2. You pay for a year (no monthly or quarterly payments)

If you want more websites, then price goes up to 9.95$ per month.

Another host that is good for you is MDD hosting. Their prices are lower.

strangething, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  17. Himadri Subrah Saha

Himadri Subrah Saha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will be giving you the answer from my personal experience. I use WordPress for my blog and I am using the same web hosting company for the last 4 years. In the coming years also I will use the same web hosting company as my hosting provider. If you are just starting your Wordpress website, shared hosting plan is best for you. I personally use HostGator Hatchling plan for hosting provider which is for only one blog but has almost all the facilities. Before choosing one hosting company for your WordPress blog, you will have to consider the below parameters:

* How is the price for the hosting plan? Cause you will have to renew it every year. So, this is better to check the price.
    * How is the downtime? Is it high or low? If the downtime is high then this is not good for your website. Cause people will come to your site and they will see your site is down. So, choose a web hosting company with low downtime.
    * How is the customer service? If the customer service is not good then do not sign up with that hosting provider. Always sign up with a compnay who has a 24x7 customer service and has live chat service.
    * Check whether you are getting any additional benefit within your budget or not.

Considering all the above steps I choose HostGator Hatchling plan. If you want to know why I am using HostGator Hosting for the last 4 years, you can read the article in my blog TechnTechie to get all the pros and cons of HostGator Hosting , which is the best WordPress hosting.

Himadri Subrah Saha, May 11, 2016 IP
  18. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Here is my TOP FIVE:
    ( in liking order )

based on SUPPORT / PRICE / UPTIME

Based on TODAY ( unless someone can convince me to change this list ) WITH FACTS

1. Flywheel
    2. Godaddy Managed Wordpress
    3. Bluehost Managed Wordpress
    4. Hostgator Wordpress
    5. Liquid Web

sundaybrew, May 28, 2016 IP
  19. Warhawk

Warhawk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm sure a hosting company wouldn't just steal my money from me, but then again, you never know, but for me, its just the point of the matter, I want a host who can accommodate for my needs, and paypal is something I feel is important, and if its important to me, it should be important to them as well, right? because a host should want your business, not lecture or try to blow you off.

Warhawk, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  20. Gerhard Homveld

Gerhard Homveld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I personally enjoy hosting WordPress sites with BlueHost. They have a range of useful services, excellent support and fast services. I also usually prefer to use a SSD hosting service. This helps with the speed at which your site loads.

I use BlueHost for "niche" sites and for my personal sites I usually prefer DigitalOcean - set up a dedicated cloud server and you have FULL control over ALL aspects of your hosting account. If you do got with DigitalOcean or a dedicated cloud server platform, be sure to choose a plan with a decent amount of RAM, HDD space and processing power for best results.

Gerhard Homveld, Jul 6, 2016 IP