1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Important Is It To Have A Mobile Optimized Website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gregdavidson, May 26, 2016.

According to this article written back in 2015, the number of mobile-only internet users now exceeds the number of desktop-only internet users.

https://www.comscore.com/Insights/B...net-Users-Now-Exceeds-Desktop-Only-in-the-U.S

Of course, many of those mobile internet users are actually using tablets which usually view websites in the same way as a desktop computer would (or so I've been told).

So, I'm guessing about 75% of the people who visit my website can view it without having to crunch it up into a narrow mobile format.

Should I worry about the other 25%?

gregdavidson, May 26, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It depends on what your site is about and whether you have an app for mobiles.
    Instagram can be viewed on the web or through an app. I'm sure they've optimised the site but they could be forgiven had they not bothered since phone users will normally use their app.

If you are asking in relation to your dating site then it absolutely has to look good on a phone. When I'm out with friends they'll often show me some guy they're chatting to on Tinder, ask my opinion etc.
    But if you were asking in relation to a site that sells heavy engineering equipment then it might not be so important as pre-sales and purchasing would normally be done during office hours from someone's desk and therefore where they would be using a PC

sarahk, May 26, 2016 IP
  3. Sally1423

Sally1423 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    last tendency in web design is the principle "mobile-first". In present day everybody spends time at the screens of mobile devices. So if you want to be in trend you need readable and easy to use optimized design.

Sally1423, May 26, 2016 IP
  4. Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use twitter bootstrap to create all of my sites. This way it looks great on ALL devices. I prefer creating my sites in HTML5 with the bootstrap framework but if you prefer working with wordpress, there are many themes out that are based on bootstrap.

Rob Whisonant, May 26, 2016 IP
  5. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    recently google fully update his algorithm of the mobile friendly site so now if your site not mobile friendly then your site not index in google with well position.

seoaceindia, May 27, 2016 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not true. Whether your site is mobile friendly or not it will be index and it has nothing to do with rankings as you stated above.

KylieSweet, May 30, 2016 IP
  7. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    m not saying not index. m saying not well index with your keywords and if you not know about this please read first google latest mobile friendly algo update.

seoaceindia, May 30, 2016 IP
  8. Jagdeep mAlik

Jagdeep mAlik Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, your site is indexed, but if your site is not mobile friendly, then it leads to bad customer experience. The visitors press the back button if they don't have good experience on your site. This all leads to an increase bounce rate, which reduce your ranking on Google results. Hope you understand it better now.

Jagdeep mAlik, Jun 2, 2016 IP
  9. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Generally, a website that has been optimized for mobile use is the best option for increasing brand awareness. Mobile-optimized websites are designed to deliver faster downloading and browsing sppeds, plus they are more cost effective than developing an app. In addition, companies that optimize their websites for mobile use have a competitive advantage when compared to their competitors who do not optimize.

TomRider, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  10. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find that mobile optimization ruins the DESKTOP experience.

Some sites are lazy (and i'm talking about the top authority sites...) and decide that mobile optimization is so important that they scrap the desktop version and stick to the mobile one altogether.

It's annoying on another level -_-.

jv1999, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  11. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, Mobile Optimized sites get a bump in Mobile rankings (i.e. searching on your phone). It doesn't affect desktop rankings at all.

I recently converted mysite to mobile, so I can't really give you any statistics other then 8% of my traffic was from mobile, I'll see if that increases in the future.

I also agree with @jv1999 that the mobile site ruins the desktop experience. I got lucky that I coded with .NET with masterpages, I was able to switch out the masterpage, based on your device. I didn't have to re-code anything.

Take a look at this resource article I call Mail Tester , with your desktop and phone (notice it's the same content, without all the extra stuff going on around it)

It doesn't always have to take away from the desktop experience, if it's done right.

topcoder, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    AdWords mobile PPC is still 30-50% cheaper (has been in my experience). So if you plan to promote your site using AdWords you can reach more people for less just by having a good mobile friendly site.

qwikad.com, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  13. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its pretty essential nowadays.

Even if a person arrives on desktop, chances are they will come back on a mobile device.

ninjashoes, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  14. Eric-SynapseGlobal

Eric-SynapseGlobal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is crucial nowadays. Most of generation the y hardly ever uses desktops anymore. If it's a blog or a website that has lots of content, you wouldn't go much further without a mobile optimised version, including for tablets.

Eric-SynapseGlobal, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  15. lanmonkey

lanmonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say it is critical, there are so many people use phones for internet that you have to do it. in some countries there are more mobile internet users than people with desktop computers.

lanmonkey, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  16. voicelogic.com

voicelogic.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Very critical to have your site be responsive to mobile devices...., you may lose out if you don't.

voicelogic.com, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  17. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:
    Depending on your source of information bewteen 52% and 55% of users are from mobile phones. That percentage will only increase as technology improves. So having a mobile friendly website is critical.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Dec 10, 2016 IP