1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. sandy018

sandy018 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But it's been more than 24 hours, I am still getting this error frequently even I can't start my campaigns.

sandy018, May 13, 2016 IP
  2. tuminh6396

tuminh6396 Member

Best Answers:
    Popads paid by mistake to 2 times for a lot of accounts and they have asked me to be sent by this error to the treatment of popads fold ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tuminh6396, May 16, 2016 IP
  3. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed some PayPal payments were processed twice yesterday due to a mistake. We will be contacting all affected parties today.

tomksoft, May 17, 2016 IP
  4. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    What happen to my aacount if I dont want to return the $1500?

charice.preston, May 17, 2016 IP
  5. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    If you continue sending us traffic, that is OK. If you create a new account and abandon the old one with debt, then we will keep banning all your accounts.

6. charice.preston

Best Answers:
    I save the earnings for 3 years, making at least more than $45 a month. I think its worth the wait, payment are doubled!

Now, wait again for another 3 years before I can pay the amount being debt, lol :p :p :p

charice.preston, May 17, 2016 IP
  7. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Then I would request you to be an honest person and return the duplicated payment.

8. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should know by now if a buyer is opening a case against you via Paypal you will be forced to pay back money https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ406

w4rkr4f7, May 18, 2016 IP
  9. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Well, I would prefer to resolve this peacefully, as the trouble was caused by an error on our side.

tomksoft, May 18, 2016 IP
  10. QasimHafeez

QasimHafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    The india's rates have badly dropped, this is really sad. :( Any idea when they are likely to rise back?

QasimHafeez, May 18, 2016 IP
  11. skzisghost

skzisghost Active Member

Best Answers:
    the rate these day seriously makes me want to puke.

0.77 cpm for US

Not to mention your counting system is very less compare to other ad networks

Do we really need to say good bye for now or the situation will improve

hello tomas

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    skzisghost, May 20, 2016 IP
  12. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tomksoft,

I am thinking to use SSL certificate on my website, should you guys able serve popads on https protocol

Furquan Ahmed, May 21, 2016 IP
  13. MM562

MM562 Member

Best Answers:
    are you planning to add an anti adblock system ?

MM562, May 21, 2016 IP
  14. Pitsgoy

Pitsgoy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well, my popads earning in the last few months just gets lower and lower :oops:

Pitsgoy, May 21, 2016 IP
  15. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Let me copy-paste my reply from a previous page of this thread:
    --
    Also, I do not understand one thing. There are A LOT of people complaining. A LOT. Here, via our support email, all possible channels.
    I personally find it very annoying as I explain at least 10 times a day that there is nothing we can do. I deeply support free market and I believe that if you have another adnetwork that pays you more, just go to them. I would do the same and even PopAds bidding system is based on this simple idea. If PopAds is so bad, the market will execute the death sentence upon it.
    What is interesting, despite the drop of rates, April was our largest month in terms of traffic. It also had most traffic hour and most traffic day records.
    The traffic continues to grow fast, May 1st alone was a record day with over 70M impressions.
    Many publishers who leave us(after a number of threatening emails that they would stop traffic if we do not increase rates), just come back to use our adcode after a week or so.
    I am sorry for the rage, but as the owner of PopAds, all these comments hit me personally and just make me sad and confused. As we work revshare, I am already doing everything to increase revenues, as the more publishers earn, the more we earn.
    --
    I can only add a little update that actually the record from 1st May has been beaten and few days ago we reached 78M impressions. I really do not think that we could have such increase with worst rates and worst counting.

tomksoft, May 22, 2016 IP
  16. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    So it's a demand problem. I have something in my mind, such as:
    • A discount coupon for advertisers! to replace the referral program, each publisher/affiliate would be given a unique coupon, so everytime advertisers use the coupon they get 7% discount and the coupon owner gets 3% (replacing that 10% referral fee) or you do the math. Rather than referral program, I fail to see the referral program is profitable for advertisers the fact that they are the "owner" of the money here. I know if publishers get 10% from referral and less from this, but referral is using cookie and it won't last forever and it can also be overridden by another publisher's cookie, CMIIW. Also a discount could attract new advertisers. Anyway if the advertisers are happy and more advertisers are coming in then the rates will go up, right? because more advertisers means more demand on traffic. and you Tom, you have nothing to lose, it's just the same 10% but giving it in a different way. So everybody wins, yes? CMIIW.
    • Or if you still want that referral program to run. Since you have enough/overload traffic now, you could just make it for referring new advertisers. That would make bloggers/publishers teasing advertisers all over their posts. More advertisers means more rates? again CMIIW.
    I don't mean to dictate how your system to work, or failed to state accurate assumptions on this matter since I don't run the service. Just speaking my mind as a publisher and referral.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    bagongjigong, May 22, 2016 IP
  17. charice.preston

Best Answers:
    I'm not complaining just saying that these last 3 days, impression or traffic drop big time, almost 0 on the graph for 2 hours.

I said it before and I will tell it again, as long as they are accepting crappy site with auto content fill, rates and traffic are continue to dropping down. Because 100 publishers are fighting for 10 advertisers ads. These crappy sites should not be accepted, yes some advertisers like them but did they know that those sites are garbage? Tom should think how to get rid of those sites because eliminating thousand of them will improve rates and traffic. Well however.... that just my opinion.

charice.preston, May 22, 2016 IP
  18. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Thank you for constructive criticism :) Haven't seen that for years!
    Unfortunately, these solutions won't get us very far. Let me explain why.
    1. The idea with referral program is not bad if you look at it briefly. 10% is quite a lot of money to move around. The problem is that idea assumes that all advertisers are referred, and in reality only few percent are. That leaves pretty much no money to move around.
    Also, we did try some coupons in the past, but to be honest it was thrown money. People would just use coupon and not deposit. I guess the reason is that when people spend "free money" they do not optimize campaign or care about it at all, so they never get good results.
    2. We grade traffic, not websites. We tried attaching grades to websites in the past, but that was totally meaningless. We had some apparently nice websites that had terrible results and some really crappy websites that our advertisers loved.
    That is why we decided not to go that direction and switched to quality scoring based on traffic quality, not website quality.
    So far it is working good I think. Low quality websites get really bad rates. Justice.

tomksoft, May 23, 2016 IP
  19. monicastern

monicastern Member

Best Answers:
    Hello tomksoft,

I know that you believe to free market, but thats not against free marked when you set up minimal bids for English traffich. Lets say 1.5 or so. Maybe that can help to improve extremlly low rates for US traffic.

Or we all need (on our side) to set up minimal bids so cheap adwertisers will be forced to improve bids, but its hard to achieve :)

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    monicastern, May 24, 2016 IP
  20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    It is more complex. Why not to set minimal bid for english traffic to $10 CPM then? :) Or 100.
    It is same as increasing minimal salary in a country - it actually hurts the economy(and people, who instead of rise get sacked).

tomksoft, May 24, 2016 IP