1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I click my listing in DMOZ and page no longer appears.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by dinrock, May 9, 2016.

I go to my listing in DMOZ and my page no longer opens. See screenshot. Can you tell me what my best option may be in order to remedy this? Keep in mind, I recently relainched my site which is now a WooCommerce based site....URL and domain are still the same but am wondering why this is happening in screenshot. Thank you for insights

Attached Files:

dinrock, May 9, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, May 9, 2016 IP
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Weird....I click my hyperlink on that DMOZ page and still get a page reading:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

Try:
    Reloading the page
    Learn more about this problem.
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

dinrock, May 9, 2016 IP
  4. Kaas

Kaas Member

Best Answers:
    The link in your browser is https while the link on dmoz is http.

How you got there I don't know, but you don't have an SSL certificate installed or it's not configured properly.

Kaas, May 10, 2016 IP
  5. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Thanks Kaas, so unlike sarahk who can actually click my link in DMOZ and see my site, the same doesn't happen for you, correct? Which leads me to my next question regarding a point you mention - I do in fact have an SSL certificate installed since I have a WooCommerce shopping cart. Could it possibly be I don't have it installed properly like you say....i.e., the certificate is "sitewide" when in fact, it ought to be configured to work only via shopping cart? The mystery deepens....I appreciate any and all input (site in question, is in my sig)

dinrock, May 10, 2016 IP
  6. Kaas

Kaas Member

Best Answers:
    So you do have SSL and it seems to be configured properly.
    The problem must be with your browser then. Try emptying your cache, or perhaps check your extensions?

Kaas, May 10, 2016 IP
  7. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Ok....I was out of town today and went into a library to use their computer. They have Mozilla Firefox and I went in and typed in DMOZ....the site was accessible so in DMOZ search, I looked up my site and when the link appeared, I clicked it and my site opened right away. I assume I need to clear my cache and browser history on my business machine then. But if anyone is able to see my site in DMOZ, let me know if it opens for you....thanks

dinrock, May 10, 2016 IP
  8. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It opens for me too. Yup, you need to clear your browser cache.
    Seems like you have cache files when you used https first time & it was not fully operational https at that time.
    As it take some time few minutes to get implemented & work on browser.

pupul, May 10, 2016 IP
  9. dinrock

Best Answers:
    Hi Rajat: Appreciate knowing this and your feedback I appreciate. This is my first experience with SSL so did realize early on, as I was rebuilding my Wordpress site that SSL was going to be an important part of the site (i.e., my online shopping cart). I will try to be more understanding as to how the https and SSL "react" in browsers. I made alot of inside pages redirects and my use of the Yoast plugin has assisted greatly in that respect, since I realized I can implement 301 Redirects in the .htaccess portion of the plugin. Thanks for letting me know it opens OK on your browser also.

dinrock, May 10, 2016 IP
  10. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should click on the flag on the end of the listing and notify Editors of an update being required.

The site has evolved and it is now a shopping site, given that it is selling cartoons. It is currently listed under "Arts", not shopping.

It would be better for you to request the update and the site gets moved, rather than an inexperiened Edior seeing the site should be in shopping and moving it into the Shopping unreviewed queue.

snooks, May 20, 2016 IP