1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm new to online marketing, would love some tips!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by danthemarketman, May 4, 2016.

Hi all,
    I'm a new online marketer and I'm looking for ways to generate sales on our company website. What's worked for you guys in the past and what hasn't? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
    danthemarketman, May 4, 2016 IP
  2. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi my friend , trying for years to work online and found those things -> Most important is to have targeted traffic , low bounche rate - try to do seo and no ads
    ads are not worth the effort by my side , you have to have a lead capture mechanism , send each week newsletter and promotions to leads and old customers.

Then you have to work a lot with google analytics wich can improove a lot your conversions.

Good luck and ask me anything if you want.

lwseller, May 4, 2016 IP
    robinymym likes this.
  3. danthemarketman

danthemarketman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response! What exactly is a lead capture mechanism? Right now I'm sending a newsletter every other week, but using google adwords has brought the most traffic in. Would you be able to give me some pointers on what I might want to change on the site design? >> www.watertecdrip.com

danthemarketman, May 4, 2016 IP
  4. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should start building you list, best option is using aweber - aweber.com , (Make sure you use pop up subscribe mechanism)

Example give 5% coupon for limited time for the people who subscribe on your list , maybe these visitors will not buy right away but you will have them on your list forever (until they unsubscribe) Take time to read on aweber blog they have a lot of information.

Second - Its wrong to offer free delivery - Best option give free delivery over 50 dollars for example (this will make visitors buy more just to have free delivery)

How much do you spend per day on adwords? how much is cost per click - beaware if you dont know what you re doing you could loose a lot of money on ads

how much bounche rate you have??

lwseller, May 4, 2016 IP
  5. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    Your best best is either PPC and/or Email Marketing. The combination of them both is ideal. If PPC cost too much, then try social media.

Use PPC to attract visitors, then use a form (from an autoresponder service company or your own autoresponder software) to convert them to subscribers.

WebmasterPhil, May 4, 2016 IP
  6. Megan Spencer

Megan Spencer Member

Best Answers:
    Providing a great user experience has worked well for me. So focusing on an easy to navigate site with a clean design will be your first step. Then find your target audience. There are many great resources on the web to create your buyer personas. Once you have these personas defined you can develop products, packages, content, emails, ads, and social media campaigns to market to your ideal leads. I have found Google AdWords to be the least effective in many cases because the leads coming to your site will often bounce because they may not be qualified leads. You are better off focusing on organic search traffic. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this information. :)

Megan Spencer, May 5, 2016 IP
  7. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    Our bounce rate is between 35%-45%, which from what I've read is fairly low. We've been spending about $30-40 a day on adwords - the cost per click can vary greatly from $1 to almost $4.

danthemarketman, May 5, 2016 IP
  8. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    Is there better pay-per-click programs that you recommend instead of adwords? I appreciate the advice!

9. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should also try facebook, try to find targeted customers via fb ads, what traffic are you getting with 30-40 a day? how many visitors?

lwseller, May 5, 2016 IP
  10. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    Have you had success with facebook ads? It's something I've been debating. Also, what do you think of my facebook page as of right now? We get about 3 visitors a day with no ads and it's a fairly new page. Here's the URL to my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/watertecdrip

11. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Hi Megan , i am really intresting in organic traffic , can you provide some good information on how to increase organic traffic?

lwseller, May 5, 2016 IP
  12. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    Same here!

13. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your fan page looks fine, just some tips , add products to your banner and a call to action with an arrow showing shop now so just visitors will go in your shop

Try to advertise in your local area first and see what happens , if you dont have a limited time offer for your products , none will buy online ( I know that is sad , but that is how net is working) You have to sell to your visitors imediatly with limited time offers

lwseller, May 5, 2016 IP
  14. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    Thanks will try that out!

15. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try tomorrow a limited time offer in your best category with 15% discount (if possible of course) for 1-2 days , and see what happens with the current traffic
    Your offer has to be on banner and should be bold - if nothing happens you need more traffic - The traffic is the problem on the net

lwseller, May 5, 2016 IP
  16. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    I like that idea, what do you think about waiting till Mother's Day, sending out a mothers day newsletter saturday night letting people now about the sale

17. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My friend internet is not about whaiting , you will pay for ads all the time so you have to find a way to generate sales every day. Internet is about becoming an online agresive seller, you have to sell to your customers otherwise someone else will take their money in your industry,

I qurius tell me what your competitors are doing?

lwseller, May 5, 2016 IP
  18. danthemarketman

Best Answers:
    One is already offering a Mother's Day sale

19. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, as for me, very important to be activety! The main advantages in online marketing is the most successful business nowadays! The reach of Internet, as a tool of communication is throughout the world. Customers can refer a website anytime they want, that is why, very important to be online maybe even 24/7!

JudySlean, May 5, 2016 IP
  20. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need to nail down the ethos and the message before even considering any of this stuff or you will simply waste time and money. Along with a range of other things.

N.

Nigel Lew, May 6, 2016 IP