1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Increase Domain Authority?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Md.Saddam Hossain, Apr 21, 2016.

Hello, my favorite SEO marketers! What's up everybody? After a long time come back again here. BTW, today I'm going to share with you some effective ways to increase domain authority of your website. (The best ways I ever seen)
    • Always write quality contents (Write for people, not for search engine)
    • Do content marketing with right way to reach out the content to your targeted audience
    • Quality link building from authority sites
    • Make sure your website is rightly optimized for social media
    What practices do you follow? I’m looking forward to hearing your experience and opinion about this.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Md.Saddam Hossain, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Only one of those things is factored in the equation for DA! The rest have nothing to do with DA.

Agent000, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  3. eBranding

eBranding Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Only the Quality contents are responsible for the DA updates. The rest if 3 have no relation with DA. Yeah but the Quality contents do matters in many times.

And also the social media sharing matters a lot. As the blog readers/Audience will increase, there will be automatic increase in DA while moz Updates.

Thanks,
    Ebranding.

eBranding, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    That is an absolute load of nonsense! That is not factored in the DA calculation at all! Where are you getting this rubbish from?

Social media sharing is also NOT used by moz in the calculations.

5. eBranding

eBranding Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay.

Can you let me know the ways to increase the domain Authority please.

Thanks,
    Ebranding.

6. Agent000

Best Answers:
    WTF? You were the one posting above pretending to be the expert in it! Why did you post on it when you clearly have no idea how it is calculated? You should not be posting info about things that you know nothing about.

DA is solely based DA based on link metrics as calculated by moz: This is what they say about it and how its calculated: https://moz.com/learn/seo/domain-authority

Why do you want to increase it for? NO search engine uses DA in their ranking algorithm.

7. Ahsan Abrar

Ahsan Abrar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Linking from good DA sites helps me a lot for good Domain Authority.
    I usually change my site content or weekly basis and thats affect too.

Ahsan Abrar, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  8. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Thats bullshit. That does not affect DA. Read the link I posted above as to how DA is calculated.

9. eBranding

eBranding Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello mate,

I was surely mistaken about the DA. And Of course and I am here to get more and more knowledge regarding all this stuff. And I am getting it daily.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks,
    Ebranding.

10. Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you,, BTW do you believe without quality content, relevant high authorities backlinks and good social signals it can be increased? Moz said, "We calculate this metric by combining all of our other link metrics—linking root domains, number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust, etc.—into a single score. Even Over 40 signals are included in this calculation."

From my experience, I found that following these four ways can improve domain authority. :)

Md.Saddam Hossain, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  11. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Of course they are important for rankings; they are just not part of the DA calculations
    Those 40 things are all link metrics
    Then your experience is wrong and directly contradicts how moz calculate DA. If you do not beleive me, then head over to moz's own forum and check in with them. You should stop spreading bullshit.

12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Actually two. Content marketing is done with the intention of attracting links.

dcristo, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  13. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Of course the content earns links, but it is the link metrics that get factored into the DA formula and not the "content"

14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You are arguing semantics. Stop being a debbie downer. No need to shit on perfectly good advice.

dcristo, Apr 21, 2016 IP
    Md.Saddam Hossain likes this.
  15. Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think about the four ways can be done without links? I don't want to argue with you. Lets come to the point again...

1. Quality content (There are many factors related with it. Content doesn't mean only written hundred or thousand of words.)
    2. Content marketing (Write quality content but without proper content marketing efforts; It's valueless.)
    3. Quality link building from authority sites (Getting authority links have a great impact. What do you think about linking root domains?)
    4. Social signal (I.e: A content naturally shared 100 times where another content shared 5-10 times in social media; those aren't same. Social signals have a value. Social media optimization is must need for increase social share and increase social signal as well. When people share your content naturally in their industry, that definitely improve your website authority and brand awareness. Social sharing still have impact on it.)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Md.Saddam Hossain, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  16. Ditmar

Ditmar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Domain authority is based on a lot of factors. Primarily, however, these are link profile factors such as how many backward links are pointing to your website and how authoritative those sites are.
    2. It is very difficult to gain a DA number of 100. Sites like Facebook and Google have it, so don’t be disappointed if you never hit 100.
    3. DA is difficult to influence directly. You can’t change your DA score like you can change your meta tags.
    5 Practical Steps To Improving Your Website’s Domain Authority (Neil Patel's blog)

Ditmar, Apr 24, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.