1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Watch the Noob Go to #1! A Must See!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rochow, Dec 8, 2006.

1. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But even though you select Google sandbox tool you can still have it pull keywords from Overture and they won't always be accurate. Also the search counts are taken from Overture results and I have noticed there is sometimes a bug with this. For example, whip out something like Good Keywords or just go to Overture directly. Run a search for myspace layouts in GK and Adword Analyzer...notice that in Adword analyzer you'll get the same amount of "searches" for "myspace layouts" as well as "layouts for myspace". You will not get this in Good Keywords or by going directly to use the Overture tool...this is simply a bug in AA where it seems to pull the searches for the first keyword that it gets for the phrase you put in. I've contacted them about it but they don't seem to care. There are better examples then this but it's the best I can do at the moment.

m0rtal, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  2. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just typed proxy into the Digital Point Keyword Suggestion Tool

Tyler Banfield, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  3. MarcRoman

MarcRoman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for this, this makes sense. It's been something that's been bugging me since I noticed it a week ago. I've tried to ask a bunch of people, but this is the first clear, concise answer I've gotten. So you should always double check you "supposed" niche through Good Keywords, or going directly to the Overture tool.

Thanks,

MR

MarcRoman, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  4. gautam1985

gautam1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    i checked all his keywords and i couldnt find it in google or yahoo for list of free proxies and i guess nobdy will type awesomeproxies or awesome proxies lol well i wish u luck because ive done lot of understaning of seo i am a noob but still getting there he he ...

gautam1985, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  5. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I always double check...again this was a crappy example but I have seen 3 keyword phrases show me the same "search" results which seemed fishy but really it's just pulling the number of searches from the main keyword or phrase. I just hope most people who use this program realize this and aren't chasing "niches" blindly :(

m0rtal, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  6. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know - my site has completely dropped out of yahoo again (it was never in google for my keyphrase). It's pretty gay that one day its there, the other its not. I haven't made any changes, I don't know why it keeps changing position so wildly. Actually people do search for awesome proxies, aswell as awesomeproxies.com www.awesomeproxies.com and even the full url. People do this with all my sites

rochow, Dec 15, 2006 IP
    m0rtal likes this.
  7. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    UPDATE: Now ranked #217 in Google
    No idea where in Yahoo or MSN

rochow, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  8. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could probably benefit from submitting your site to a few quality, paid directories

Tyler Banfield, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  9. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Probably

I don't have the free cash at this point in time

rochow, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  10. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck Rochow with making to to number #1 - stick at it, and don't get to phased it you don't make it soon because you will be learning a lot of new tips and tricks along the way, and unfortunately with search engines time is a big factor.

Just quickly though you seem to be worried by the fact that your site is bouncing around all over the SERPs. If your domain is a newly registered domain that is only just being indexed by Google you will often find that Google will let you into the top SERPs very briefly in the early stages before being dropped into what many call the "sandbox". From here it's just a matter of link development, and most importantly getting good quality relevant links to improve what most are now calling Google "trustrank". Once Google "trusts" your site (which is a combination of time and good quality relevant authority backlinks) it will then let you rank fairly freely for terms relevant to your topic.

So if you are looking to get out of the "sandbox" you really need to focus on getting those high quality and relevant - but also trusted - links from other sites. To do this I find try to look for link exchange with sites that already rank well for the terms you are rankings for in addition in trying to get your site listed in places like DMOZ and Yahoo where Google knows there are good quality editors to filter the crap out.

Anyway best of luck and GO QUEENSLANDER!

Burta, Dec 17, 2006 IP
    rochow likes this.
  11. delusion

delusion Guest

Best Answers:
    Very interesting thread, has given me a few hints and ideas, keep us posted on more updates will ya :)

delusion, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  12. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'm going to build up some links, purchase some featured links in good directories when I have the money

UPDATE: Now 200, up from 217 two days ago! :)

rochow, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  13. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great thread i must say ;) Good luck with your efforts :) As someone said above you might not always be able to achieve what you want but you will learn a lot while doing so :)

jaree, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  14. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks
    Its so both I and the people reading this thread (hopefully) can learn something (apart from those who are "know it alls" :p)

Feel free to link to my site if you like using "list of free proxies" :)

rochow, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  15. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Update: Site dropped back down in google from #200 to #214 :(

rochow, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  16. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is now on page 2 for the keyphrase you are targetting, your site should have no problem getting up there soon. I suggest you write a short article or two and submit to a few article directories.

m0rtal, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    rochow likes this.
  17. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Holy sh*t it is number 6 in google for "list of free proxies"
    Who said you need links using your keywords to rank highly?

rochow, Dec 21, 2006 IP
  18. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who said it? I'm pretty sure ALL basic SEO advice articles would recommend links with your keywords as the anchor text, :p. So it's not as much a "who said" as it is "who didn't recommend"?

Anyway, sorry for that lame piece of sarcasm - it is great to hear that you are moving up the rankings. With a few nicely anchored links you will find yourself in your #1 position in no time.

Burta, Dec 21, 2006 IP
  19. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah but this has NO links to it saying "list of free proxies"...

Hopefully I will get to #1 soon enough

rochow, Dec 21, 2006 IP
  20. Litho

Litho Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thread and good that you started it!

Litho, Dec 21, 2006 IP