1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

k400r keyboard - keys not working, track pad works

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anzilone, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi DP members.....

I have bought a Keyboard today. Model is Logitech wireless touch keyboard k400r. I have connected the device to my Dell Windows 7 Laptop.

The problem is the only ones that still work are the volume control (mute, up and down) and the short-cut keys on the top left (music, browser home, pc lock and pc restart). All other keys just make a clicking sound when touched (like the keyboard isn't recognised).
    [​IMG]
    I can connect my Keyboard to my Android devices, keys and track pad working perfectly. The issue is only while connecting with my Laptop.

Help me to solve this issue.

anzilone, Dec 3, 2015 IP
  2. wootriffic

wootriffic Member

Best Answers:
    ok, with the laptop make sure you advoid using any usb hub, KVM switch, or similar component, and connect the keyboard directly to the USB port on the laptop.
    if that's what you're doing, then try another usb port.
    if the problem persists, boot the computer into safe mode, right click on my computer and click properties. a new window will pop open and on the left top you'll see "device manager" click that.
    inside device manager, find instances of drivers for your keyboard, right click on it/them an uninstall all instances found.
    reboot (normally this time), windows should find the keyboard but if not, simply go to logitechs website and download the drivers specifically for your keyboard. It's best to get their software as it will provide the maximum compatibility.
    your downloads for that keyboard are here http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r#download

wootriffic, Apr 8, 2016 IP
  3. writepro19

writepro19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems you are in quite a hurry to fill your post count.... I hope it helps @anzilone get his problem solved.

writepro19, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  4. wootriffic

wootriffic Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO the irony of your post.
    If you consider actual help a fast track to post count, then I guess yeah? Or maybe it simply could be that I enjoy helping people with informative, thoughtful, and to the point help so they can get on with their lives.

wootriffic, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  5. writepro19

writepro19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, last replies on about a dozen or more of threads on the "Hardware" forum is from you. All without discrimination. Either you are a super expert on everything or you are just kinda spamming the forum "legally". You are not helping anyone with generic half-baked answers. I am sure everyone can use google themselves. If you really wanted to help people you would have answered from personal experience and not post garbage that everyone knows about.

I am sorry to have posted on this thread as this is not helping OP actually solve his problem. I posted here because I was annoyed by your postings. But ok, each to his own. You seemed to have got two likes too, for the posts you did. So may be you really did research before posting and I have not read all your posts.

So..... I just hope you don't start flaming this thread and leave the OP alone.

6. wootriffic

wootriffic Member

Best Answers:
    11 posts, 1 of them was about a transparent tv and wasn't helpful. I just found it awesome and replied.
    Before making assumptions, read the replies I've written. What is the point of you being on a forum, replying because you "think" i'm adding posting fluff for a count metric that doesn't benefit me in any way. When you can see the helpful, well thought out, and experience driven replies i've given.
    Maybe a meme forum would be more your speed. Give it a try, after all, words are hard.

wootriffic, Apr 9, 2016 IP
  7. writepro19

writepro19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not offended. I do not want to flame this thread....

8. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the problem solved. Thank you.......

anzilone, Apr 10, 2016 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.