1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Legal action this site http://www.sktthemes.net/

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by johnkelet, Apr 2, 2015.

1. johnkelet

johnkelet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Friends ,

He Called and Warned me Take legal action on me if i not remove my thread . I have one of this proof where he agree to pay my refund .
    [​IMG]

Thanks Sparks

johnkelet, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  2. Sparky Sparks

Sparky Sparks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ooooooh, nice one John! Open and shut case (in your favour, of course) right there. :)

As evidenced in the screenshot you provided "money will be refunded in a few days" - dated 2:26pm, Friday 27, 2015. Undeniable, documented proof.

In my case, Shri recently offered me a refund via a client of his in South Africa (yet another dubious way of doing business, as seems to be his style). More documented proof.

To which I replied:
    "You’ll have to do a whole lot better than just that. As I mentioned – you chose to make it personal very early on. In my opinion - you not only owe me a refund, you also owe me a very long letter of apology. I’ll approve it on my side and you can then post it on the public forums for everyone to see. My posts will stay right there (on the Internet) until then."

Leave your posts right there, John. Shri's threat is exactly that - simply a threat. There's no way he's got any legal recourse, not with the documented proof that you've got. Well done man! :)

Sparky Sparks, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He is bluffing, if he was serious his lawyer would have contacted you by now. But if you are concerned simply e-mail him and inform him that you cannot delete your thread. Only DP can do that and I suspect they wouldn't.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  4. ooktay

ooktay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I dont recommend SKT Themes since they have unprofessional customer services and they dont have necessary information on their web page.

WARNING: Be aware that they store you credit card information and renew every year without your confirmation.

They give unprofessional responses to your e-mails, like: "We are in India. Here in India no one asks for refund." or "What legal??" ...

Before expiry date of my renewal I checked SKT web site and my account details and I havent seen any information about the payment, renewal or personal data related information after login to my account details.
    Since there is no card information or renwal related information on my personal account details (*** I think they have to mention it explicitly about renewal process or put a link on personal accounts), I dont even know they store my credit card information.

After 1 year they auto renew and take $99 without my confirmation! They said, they sent 3 mails before, but I have only one mail mentioning for renewal on my junk mail. I only used their one theme when I first bought the themes and never used them after. They dont give information about the renewal when you first buy the service or any other information on my order.

I strongly advice you to avoid using SKT Themes since I saw similar and other complaints on web or be carefull.

Anyway, may be I have mistakes not to find renewal mail on my junk, I havent informed that they store my sensitive data and they have already taken the amount, I advice people to be carefull!

ooktay, Feb 19, 2018 IP
  5. arnold2001

arnold2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose you can try and find where he lives and show up with 6'5" 400 pound guy and demand a refund and $100 for your trouble.

Good lawyers charge $350 per hour in the US, that is about 20 times the minimum wage for comparison purposes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
    arnold2001, Mar 29, 2018 IP
  6. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello johnkelet
    If you give your work in the upwork. then you can contact with upwork administrative. upwork will block that person or return your money.

Jacob Hawkins, Apr 17, 2018 IP