1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Legal action this site http://www.sktthemes.net/

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by johnkelet, Apr 2, 2015.

Hello

I purchase 1 wordpress Theme in December 2014 . I install my theme and edit it take me 10 days when i show my site is not working problem of theme version I discuss with site support but person called shri krishna is very rude he block on my skpye and not receiving my call now i have to action on this http://www.sktthemes.net/ and is own site is http://www.shrikrishnatechnologies.com/ . I demand for refund he agreein our last talk on Skype . Please help me on this where i take legal action on this

johnkelet, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  2. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do a charge back? If you paid with paypal I think you may be out of luck here.
    Paypal policies state that virtual goods are not covered.

lukey372, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  3. johnkelet

johnkelet Active Member

Best Answers:
    No Bank Transfer with his wife name Indian to Indian can't transfer from paypal

johnkelet, Apr 4, 2015 IP
  4. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go pay him a visit then, surely he has a registered business.

lukey372, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  5. johnkelet

johnkelet Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have to legal action on this site with help of consumer court i looking complain sites where i can complain

johnkelet, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  6. Hammad Saeed

Hammad Saeed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the question is, how much u spent to purchase the theme? if you are going to take legal action it will cost you x1000 times more money(Perhaps), and if he is fraud he wont have legal/registered address. so chances are your all efforts will be multiplied by 0 :)

Hammad Saeed, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  7. johnkelet

johnkelet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Theme is normal price but the person behaviour very rude i want action because he not fool other person . he may think for normal price theme client don't have time for legally action thats y i have to teach him lesson

johnkelet, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  8. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that you're taking things a bit far over something so little. First off, I have no idea how consumer court would handle Digital Goods, also the fact that you did a bank to bank transfer... Were you provided with a Receipt? Is there any proof that the money you sent was for what you claim it was, because I know in court they will ask for this kind of information. Now, you say this is an issue due to versioning. Does it say on the website that the theme is compatible with the version of software that you are using? Were you told specifically that it would work before you purchased it? Also, did you agree to a Terms of Service agreement that states that you are not entitled to a refund of any kind?

There are a lot of things to consider when taking legal action against another business, and unless you've got someting solid and not childish as this situation is looking to be, you'll end up losing a lot more money. I would just say cut your losses. Don't go around posting negative and childish reviews about said company either, as this only looks bad on you and will make people second guess conducting any sort of business with you in the future.

When something like this is brought to my attention, about 90% of the time it's due to the customers (or complainants) carelessness in not taking time to ask the service provider or supplier necessary questions before jumping the gun and making the purchase. I'm not trying to be a douche either, just giving you a few valid points that may save you a lot in the long run.

(p.s. If this does go to court, and you've been repeatidly contacting said provider, they could turn this around and have you charged with criminal harassment. Not saying that would happen, just something to consider)

[ET]Alexander, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  9. Sparky Sparks

Sparky Sparks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Although the original poster in this thread seem to be "taking it a bit far" (according to the comments made on the post), our company suffered almost exactly the same fate at the hands of Shri Krishna (see photo below).

[​IMG]

This little Indian goes by a whole lot of aliases by the way - including "Sonal Sinha". The companies that he's using include http://www.sktthemes.net/ (as the original poster mentioned), as well as http://www.shrikrishnatechnologies.com/.

We were sceptical to do business with SKT Themes at first, and contacted Shri via e-mail:

We're interested in purchasing the SKT Black theme from your company.
    Before we do, we would like to see this theme in production - especially the WooCommerce part of it.

Do you have links to any of your customer's websites, who utilize SKT Black?

To which he replied:
    We do not save customer info and neither their sites. But all our themes are WooCommerce compatible to the last version available 2.5.
    Of course we do provide good support so no worries on that part if you get stuck with anything.

Which turned out not to be the case at all.

Within only 2 days, we were sorely disappointed with our choice. The support ranged from atrocious to non-existent. The following two claims were made (and probably are still being made) on the SKT Themes website:

*PSD Design Files
    Includes PSD format file so that in case you need any design changes first in order to modify the theme you can do so.

(The theme did NOT, in fact, include any PSD files. Our graphics artists had to try and figure the technical details out by themselves.)

*Support
    You will get login for our support forum and our email id and skype ID after purchase of a theme.

(After we complained about the PSD files and the atrocious support, we were simply locked out of their support forum, blocked from their Facebook page - and Shri simply refuses to answer his phone.)

It gets worse.

The SKT Black Pro theme has been stuck at version 1.0 for months. No updates are being done, no change logs. The SKT developer seem to be running around killing fires all over the show. Yes – we suspect it’s a one-man show, to add insult to injury.

There are a whole host of problems within the SKT Themes stable.

The obvious thing to do in my opinion, is simply to get the word out there. Name and shame SKT Themes, and specifically Shri (who seems to be running the whole dog and pony show all by his lonesome).

Some negative comments were made by other customers on SKT Themes' Facebook page as well. These are promptly deleted by SKT Themes.

Further investigation on our part revealed that we're not alone. See the following links:

Shri Krishna Technologies (Sonal Sinha) They Stole My Money And Did Not Complete The Work, Then Told Me "Tough".
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shri-Krishna-Technologies/Trimurti-Nagar-Select-StateProvince-440022/Shri-Krishna-Technologies-Sonal-Sinha-They-Stole-My-Money-And-Did-Not-Complete-The-Work-T-623899

And then, our own ripoff report, link below:
    SKT Themes - Shri/Sonal Sinha aka Shri Krishna Technologies - false advertising, fraudulent activities, atrocious support - Nagpur Area, India
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKT-Themes/internet/SKT-Themes-Shri-Sonal-Sinha-Shri-Krishna-Technologies-SKT-Themes-false-advertising-fra-1283946

Spread the word, I say.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Sparky Sparks, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  10. SKT Themes

SKT Themes Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The above complaint has been filed by Ian de Jager of Ad Sparks Interactive South Africa. He came to us and asked a few questions and after satisfaction bought the SKT Black Pro theme.

Soon after that he says that he likes the SKT Bakery Pro theme better and it is better suited for his requirements rather than what he has bought.

So he would like to switch both the themes.

We said its not possible since you already own the previous theme so its like asking us to give you 2 themes for the price of 1.

We said whatever shortcomings you have in this black pro theme let us know and we will solve them for you. This didn't stop the user and he kept on posting on our support forums saying i didn't receive the PSD file and i have received no support.

And finally after 4 days he called our office at least 30 times on the very same day (i have phone records as proof) using abusive language and threatening us to defame our company in case we do not refund their payment now.

So basically first you buy a theme, then you want another theme for free and then all of a sudden you ask us a refund now.

In our terms and conditions we have mentioned that we do not process refunds. And we make every user accept it before checkout. So again this is no fault of ours if anyone asks refund later on.

We repeatedly made requests to the client that we will send you the PSD and get you all support you need for the current theme if you wish to proceed further but our requests and emails fell in deaf ears and all this client wanted was either a refund or threat to harass us.

Lastly the complaints the above clients show are also filed by him separately so the same client has posted bad reviews on various sites.

I wish him good luck because for $39 he has all the time in his life to do all this and instead of being productive and accepting the fact that since we denied his request of 2 themes for price of 1 he is doing all this just to prove his point.

Regards,

Shri

SKT Themes, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  11. SKT Themes

SKT Themes Member

Best Answers:
    All of this is wrong. The coders' client filed a chargeback from them due to their shortcomings and as the theme didn't meet their requirements so the coder asked us to refund the money as well. As given in our terms we are not party to what terms you sign up with your client and hence we do not process refunds. We ask each clients to check our terms and conditions and also make them accept it before checkout so there is no question of fooling around.

Regards,
    Shri

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  12. Sparky Sparks

Sparky Sparks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We (AdSpark SA) ourselves alerted Shri to the fact that there's bad press about him and his company on this, and other forums. Thank you for replying, Shri.

Here are a couple of facts:

We (AdSpark South Africa) pride ourselves on running an honest, fair business. Our contact details are freely available on our website, as well as on our Facebook page. We do not hide behind aliases and e-mail boxes. Also, we're in the enviable position of having both the time, and the resources available to make dubious businesses and their practises highly visible on the Internet. In other words, we're a consumer - who gets really angry when we receive poor service from rude people.

We are therefore one of the few consumers who actually do have the time to complain on a public forum. We're most definitely not the only client who took the time to complain about your (lack of) service. In fact, going back to the links provided in our original comment, people started complaining about Shri and his company as early as July 16, 2010.

Clients do complain on your Facebook page, frequently. These comments are however quickly deleted by yourself. One of the recent comments that we saw, stated "I had similar problems... Avoid like the plaque! Purchased software, it didn't work, requested refund, basically told me where to go! Customer service is NON-EXISTENT here! Would (and do) advise people to stay well clear of this company!" This comment has since been deleted. Fortunately, we made a screenshot.

Furthermore - why would you need to hide behind different aliases? Are you called Shri Krishna, or are you actually called Sonal Sinha?

We did eventually find your contact number. It's not listed on the SKT Themes website at all. Why not? When our CEO phoned you, you said is was 21h30 in India, and that he should call back the next morning. Which he then did - and you refused to take any of his calls.

You then suggested to him via e-mail that he should visit a psychiatrist. Really? Why make this personal?

Here's a thought, since you're all up in arms about your "no refund" policy: how about providing a 14-day money back guarantee on your work/product, instead of just point blank refusing to refund unhappy customers? This is what a reputable business would do.

Bill Gates has been quoted as saying "your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." Use it, don't use it...

Sparky Sparks, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  13. SKT Themes

SKT Themes Member

Best Answers:
    Again lies by AdSpark SA and again no solution being asked. We haven't advertised any phone number on our website so how he called us and got hold of someone is another blatant lie. No solution as can be seen has been asked by the customer and instead he is asking us to change policies now about providing 14 day money back guarantee. I don't want to name companies here but biggest marketplaces and digital monster companies also have no refund policy in place if the customer cares to check. Also as i said and mentioned its written in terms and conditions. Why not check before and then ask us the question then what if i am unsatisfied? We also offer free themes. Why not try a free theme and see how it goes and then if you like it go for the paid version.

We are here in business for the past 7 years and our theme company is 3 years old. So its not like that we will fool around, loot people out of their money and go out of business to start another scam. We are here to stay and we will continue to provide excellent customer support. One can ask us forum details and can check how customers have positively responded and how each and every customer is being asked by our coders whether they were satisfied or not with the service.

Some people have a negative outlook and they are negative for all their life and spread and see everything in a negative way. No one can help them. I won't be posting any further response as there is nothing left to explain here. Lies are lies and they will remain the same way.

Regards,
    Shri

14. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It does not really matter if it is a lie or truth, and this is exactly what happens when people
    are so hell bent to keep that dollar, and this is what you face when you have a "no-refund" policy...

In away, you create your own on shit storm....
    You have to decide if it is worth it by not offering a refund...
    I do see both points of views, and apparently you are good
    with the negative publicity that you are getting from this...

Also consider the amount of money you are losing from negative publicity...
    one day, my host charged me for a domain that I had no intentions of keeping...
    however, i did not disable the renew option, and I was charged for the renewal,
    when i explained this to the domain provider, they simply did not care...that
    $8.95 was the most important to them, at that point, they never got another
    dollar from me, each time a domain come up for renewal, i transferred it out...
    It simply did not matter if I was the one at fault, I clearly was, and by moving
    all my domains out, that cost them $100's per year, and all over $8.95....

You want to keep the peace, offer to refund, but do not promote refunds....
    If you want to keep seeing negative reviews like this, then keep the money....

After all, it is your business....

Good luck....

dscurlock, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  15. Brooke Lee

Brooke Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dealing with these unethical people has already cost me so much time and frustration I was hoping to save other business professionals the same. Apparently they do not even bother to check their themes for errors before selling them to their customers for $40 each. I purchased their Coffee Pro theme in March (18th) because I mistakenly thought that if you pay a professional company for an upgraded them, you're more likely to have better design and coding. I was going for a quality theme I could build upon and customize for my new business. Unfortunately, once I downloaded the theme I discovered it did not even contain an install file. When I asked SKTThemes about this, they did not even apologize for the shoddy build and told me I was NOT getting a refund since I had already agreed to that in their fine print when I agreed to purchase their product; but they offered to get my personal information (which would have allowed them access to all of my clients' private business website information) and just install it themselves. I was not willing to do that since I must protect client information and ended up fixing it myself. Fast forward to me getting time to complete the customization for my site in the Coffee Pro theme and now that is not happening because it's so buggy and poorly written, you CAN'T. I checked it with Theme Check (that I downloaded from the WP site), and there are so many essential missing files I am not willing to spend time to try and fix it myself nor should I have to. I sent SKTThemes a copy of the errors and I hope they will do the right thing and simply refund my money this time. I seriously doubt that will happen given the last few emails and their obviously indifference to selling a quality product, let alone having a decent customer refund policy when their product is unusable. So...all of that being said-. Buyer Beware with these people. Here is the site to avoid purchasing from if you value your time: http://www.sktthemes.net

The statement above is what I tried to post on the WP Forum since I ended up finding SKTThemes through the WP website from their 'Themes' tab. I ended up being told they would not post it by a moderator named Andrew who basically patronized me and suggested I did not even know that WP is SOFTWARE! Good lord!!! This has really opened my eyes to how much fraudulent behavior is allowed on the internet via some supposedly reputable organizations because no one wants to take responsibility or safeguard other business professionals from fraudsters like Shri at SKTThemes. It has affected me to the point where I am willing to sacrifice some of my own valuable time to post my experience with them and to warn others. Otherwise, people like Shri, who seems to think he's entitled to taking a LOT of money for shoddy, poorly built themes, to continue to make a very good living off the backs of those who actually care about integrity and quality - yes, even on the internet. Integrity is important no matter what type of business market you access. Shri will one day reap the rewards of his own karma...and I am glad I won't be standing next to him!

PS: I checked back on the SKTThemes site and Shri, who could actually put all of his energies to good purpose instead of trying to rip people off, has changed the name of the same theme he sold me to Coffee Shop instead of Coffee Pro. Who wants to bet he did ZERO to correct all of the errors in that theme? It looks to me like he is trying to avoid people searching for reviews on the Coffee Pro theme instead of taking the time to sell a quality theme. Wow...makes you wonder if some people are just born constitutionally incapable of being honest?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Brooke Lee, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  16. Sparky Sparks

Sparky Sparks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Brooke,

Thank you so much for taking the time out from your busy day to also lodge a complaint about Shri and SKT Themes. I'm sure you saw my own (and other's) complaints about him and his unscrupulous business practises earlier in the thread as well.

I encourage you to spread the word even further. I found two other related links and I suggest you publish your complaint there as well (you might need to copy and paste these links in your browser):

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shri-Krishna-Technologies/Trimurti-Nagar-Select-StateProvince-440022/Shri-Krishna-Technologies-Sonal-Sinha-They-Stole-My-Money-And-Did-Not-Complete-The-Work-T-623899

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SKT-Themes/internet/SKT-Themes-Shri-Sonal-Sinha-Shri-Krishna-Technologies-SKT-Themes-false-advertising-fra-1283946

Sparky Sparks, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  17. Brooke Lee

Brooke Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Sparky,

Thank you for the links! I'm so sorry you got scammed as well. I am happy to spread the word as much as possible about this guy. I made him that promise, after all~! ;)

Brooke Lee, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  18. Sparky Sparks

Sparky Sparks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi again Brooke,

Please check your FB messages and friend requests. I have some good news for you. :)

Sparky Sparks, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  19. johnkelet

johnkelet Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are Big liar . How you Make People Fools
    When any person purchase its find New theme or Latest Update on your site .After Purchase theme when comes to install there some error of code or some file missing . After complains many time you not reply to solve problem . How youplay Game . For Indian Clients he takes payment from his Wife Name and Others i Don't no . Even when we complain he will rise his hands i not get money . This Bastard have to teach Lesson . so other people no get involved his game .

Hi Sparks can you send me link where you done complain . I have details which i make payment as proof .

johnkelet, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  20. Sparky Sparks

Sparky Sparks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi John,

Here you go - the URLs you requested (you might need to copy and paste these into your browser):

It's good to see that quite a number of disgruntled SKT Themes customers are sharing their experiences. I for one have also been called a liar by Shri Krishna. According to Shri, he's telling the truth - and the rest of us are lying. That sure is a lot of liars, hey?

I had a good chuckle when Brooke Lee stated “Shri will one day reap the rewards of his own karma” in her scathing review of SKT Themes' software. As you might or might not now know, Karma refers to a conceptual principle that originated in India. I thought this was especially apt in Shri's case - since he's Indian. If I could triple like Brooke’s comment, I would have. :)

Sparky Sparks, Apr 6, 2016 IP