1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Cris D

Cris D Member

Best Answers:
    Hi we put an adcampaign and it did not get any advertising, can you please help?

Cris D, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  2. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would need to either contact us via email or via PM including your username. Can't help you without know your username.

tomksoft, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  3. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My rates have been cut out by 30-40% today, i've lost like $20 already;(

My traffic is 90% USA. It's really weird.

Edit. Now that i check my sites list i realize the quality score is at 1 star for all of them, even for the one i haven't used the popads code on, how come you decreased the quality on that one too if you didn't have any traffic to base the quality of my traffic on? I sent thousands of visits for plenty of days and the quality stayed at 5/10, i stopped sending traffic for about a week or so and today i'm sending about 3k uniques an hour and the quality is going down even though it's the same traffic i sent in the past. Same percentage per country, same source of traffic, same people basically.. And rates went down from $3.60 to below $2. I want to understand.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    richjtf, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  4. ikamona

ikamona Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    something wrong these 3 days, rate going DOOWN idk why hmm

ikamona, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  5. phillipmorris

phillipmorris Member

Best Answers:
    Who you telling mine at a record low 0.67 what is up popads?

phillipmorris, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  6. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I have explained this countless times in this thread. Quality score depends on how many advertisers excluded your websites versus how many targeted them. It is algorithmically calculated and is beyond our control.
    For websites for which we have no data (because no traffic was sent), we assign average quality of all your websites.
    Your websites were quality 5/10 because that is the network average quality that is used for accounts for which we have not enough data to calculate actual quality score.

Rates are again out of our control as we are a bidding network. This means that rates are set by our advertisers and not by us. If your traffic is not working for our advertisers then there is nobody fighting for your traffic resulting in low rates.

Also be aware that other networks ban publishers with lower quality traffic. Our idea is to let our advertisers decide and just offer lower rates to such websites.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    tomksoft, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  7. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    I am using popads from long time but this type of ads fear me to remove your ads code.

Plz this was reported by Shark from DP. As I requested to review my website.

Furquan Ahmed, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  8. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Oh, i see now. Well that explains things on the ones i'm sending traffic from but... i have three websites added, one of which is in a completely different category and in which i haven't used your code on so i haven't sent any traffic for you to metric the quality of it. Why is the quality at one star on that one?

richjtf, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  9. bagongjigong

bagongjigong Member

Best Answers:
    this kind of ads is all over the place, not just PopAds, I've tried to remove popads code when I found this fake virus alert and use another adnetwork's code but this fake virus alert still showed up. then I added back my popads code but untick the "Software Promotion" option and then my revenue dropped almost 30% - 40%, i think this software promotion ads give us the best rates/fill rate. But I just don't get why the advertisers use publishers site as the criminal? :( There have to be someone to blame I guess, so visitors think this virus warning is with them then they will click the OK button and Booyah! Sooo after that I put badges/scan results from antivirus sites to tell my visitors that my sites are clean.

I think this is some kind of auto-installer or auto-downloader, i don't know. Do you think Tom, auto-installer/downloader in a landing page against your TOS? but popads said they have a new scan system to remove this kind of stuff.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    bagongjigong, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  10. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    You should be remove (most) of such ads by disabling Software promotion ads.

For new websites(with no history), we assign your account average quality until data is gathered to calculate individual score for the website.

Yes, these ads are everywhere and pay highly. They are not ethical, I have to agree, however they do not install anything automatically. In fact, these ads just want to scare visitor to download some antivirus(often even a popular one). That is not malware.
    So we basically allow these. The only things we do not allow are: exploits(so when virus installs itself without user interaction), any kind of browser locking(so FBI ransom blocker or fake tech support), any kind of attack on routers(XSRF attacks to change router DNS settings).
    All these threats are detected automatically.

tomksoft, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  11. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tom, i've repeated my question two times now, your reply is something that's exactly the reason why i'm asking my question, but not the answer. Look, i have 3 websites added to my popads account, On 2 of these 3 websites i have added the popads code(so i have sent traffic from those 2 sites), however the number 3, which is a completely different category i have not yet added your popads code to. (So i have not sent any traffic from that site), and you metric site quality based on traffic, "on websites with no traffic history we assign average quality until data is gathered", well unless what you're saying isn't what you're saying, and you don't assign quality on a per website basis but on a per popads account basis why is this websites quality at 2/10?

Here is a screenshot in case i just suck at english and so i can't get my point clear with words(Notice, i have sent 0 traffic):
    [​IMG]
    Edit: It just decreased to 1/10 in ALL of my websites at the same time, even on the one i have not sent traffic from(the one from my screenshot). Is this right or a bug? That's all i want to know.

Edit 2: Here is a screenshot of how it's now, just a few hours after the first screenshot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    richjtf, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  12. Andres1975

Andres1975 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I am a publisher from popads.net, and i would like to know if you can help me with my payments, today i tried to request a withdraw , but when i click on withdraw, a message appear " You are not allow to make withdraw,please contact support "

I sent an email to supprt but nobody answer.

Andres1975, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  13. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I believe I have answered your question already, but perhaps I wasn't clear. Let me explain how the algorithm for calculating Quality score works.
    Every day, quality score is recalculated for each website in following way:
    If your website had enough traffic and feedback from advertisers it has its own quality score calculated
    If your website is new(had no traffic), but you have at least 1 OTHER webiste in your account that has score calculated then to this new website, an average score of all your websites will be applied.
    If all your websites are new then they will be assigned 5/10 score which can be seen as "average traffic quality".

So yes, everything is fine, there is no bug. Because you have one website with terribly low traffic quality(quality of 1/10 can be seen as "you are lucky your are not banned"), we assume that other websites you submit will have similar traffic quality. Of course, once we gather feedback for the new website, it will have its own score calculated.

I understand you are very unhappy with your low quality score, but please just accept the fact that your traffic does not convert for any of our 5000+ campaigns.
    Nothing we can do about it. We do not set nor control the quality score.
    Please wait for reply from support. This might happen if we detect statistical anomaly in your traffic or if you recently deposited money(then our system assumes you are trying to do money laundering and blocks automatic withdrawals).

tomksoft, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  14. RaKxA

RaKxA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i am still facing mobile redirect problem Plus another serious issue.
    I sent you an pm please check it

RaKxA, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  15. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    All 3 campaigns that you got today are being scanned rigth now. 2 of out them were scanned before and no issues were detected. 3rd one was just started today and spent less than $1; wasn't scanned auomatically yet.

tomksoft, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  16. richjtf

richjtf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Finally i get what you're saying, i was understanding "average quality score" as 5/10, you got to accept that you were not explaining very well, as in past replies you used to say that new websites get an average quality score of 5/10, so... Now you explained it fine, it has to do with the global average on the account. Thanks.

richjtf, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  17. Andres1975

Andres1975 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Tomksoft, thanks for answer,

But more than 24 hours and nobody from support response me, can you contact me via MP ?

Andres1975, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  18. FullHider

FullHider Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where/how I can see how much I earned from refferals?

FullHider, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  19. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I am sorry for that, I am aware I am not really good at explaining things :) My lead programmer tells me that at least twice a day...
    Yet, I am glad I managed to finally explain it!

I am pretty sure that your ticket was replied to(if not, PM me).
    Yesterday we had like 5 people who had withdrawals blocked. On average, each of them submitted 5 tickets(within 1 day).
    That made 25 tickets and you know what's the best? Not a single ticket had username provided...
    So please, if you send us an email:
    • Send only one email. Sending multiple emails actually slows us down and your issue will be resolved later, not sooner.
    • Always include your username so we can locate your account.

It is not possible, sorry.

tomksoft, Apr 7, 2016 IP
  20. Andres1975

Andres1975 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much !!!!

Andres1975, Apr 8, 2016 IP