1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best sites for hiring freelancers?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jeffr2014, Jan 17, 2016.

1. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course, I saw the disadvantages you counted. I think it's not possible for eveyone to like one platform, it's personal. Because support has always answered me very quickly, I don't mind the design while the platform lets me earn a good money and I can't compare it to Elance because I didn't have experience with it.
    But I fully understand your position an hope you'll find perfect option for you.

HelenVendo, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  2. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    As a freelancer who has worked with Elance in the past I totally agree with you. I hate the new UI and their customer support. The customer support at freelancer.com is also a joke but at least I got used to the UI.

HCFGrizzly, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  3. Arjen

Arjen Peon

Best Answers:
    I currently use Freelancer.com after trying Upwork and Guru.

Upwork is a nightmare. I used to hire there (and previously on Elance) for a year or something and in the end, their terrible customer support made me shut my account down and leave the website.

I don't like Guru too, as their employer interface is very inconvenient. They have tiny poor FAQ and I spent hours to find an answer to my question.

Freelancer seems to be better now. Still testing. So far I like it.

Arjen, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  4. Eric Steward

Eric Steward Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone! First I want to say I really appreciate the seemingly honest dialogue going on here. Second I want to be clear that I'm writing on behalf of Outsourcely.com. I work with the CEO/Founder, the developers, the QAs and the customer success teams. I'm proud to say that we believe our remote workers are just as much our customers as our paying employers. When it's all said on done our product is really our talent pool and it's blown up to over 120,000 in just over 1 year. Our other product is our platform. We are very proud of where we've come with both and continue to apply our energies to getting better by the day.

Anyway, I really want to take a minute to reply to the person's comments who shared some specific thoughts about Outsourcely.

He (I'm think the person is a he) wrote:
    There are few problems with Outsourcely:
    - small site, fewer contractors available (compared with other sites)
    - charges monthly subscription fee ($26-$99/m)
    - doesn't offer any services (e.g. reviews/ratings, payment escrow, etc.), don't process payments (you arrange payments directly with contractors)

We are a new company and our job board may seem less robust than some other sites. However, 75% of our remote workers get hired through the employer search talent feature. This bypasses the need for posting jobs and oftentimes employers getting inundated with unwarranted requests for consideration. No offense to people going after opportunities but when you have the quality and quantity of talent we have now employers are able to build a viable pool of candidates to go after directly instead of through job postings.

Our payment structure for employers is by far the most cost effective option out there. Instead of charging employers per transaction or fees for this and that we charge one low monthly fee and employers can hire as many remote workers as they want. We have done this for a lot of reasons but one of our favorite is that it allows employers to pay remote workers more - isn't that what it's all about?

And as far as all the other services we could offer - again, we don't do that because we want to keep the cost to employers at an absolute minimum AND because we believe employers have the capacity to handle arrangements for payment without needing our support. Yes, we've heard from many employers they'd like us to do that for them but then we'd be like other platforms and that's not our reason for being in business. Our reason for being in business is to be able to bring the best talent to one location, connect that talent to stable employers and be a genuine catalyst for helping remote workers that seek stable long-term employment actually find it.

Eric Steward, Mar 7, 2016 IP
  5. All Marketing Trends

All Marketing Trends Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ever try to hire someone using Google?

I was searching for social media marketing service in google to promote my business and I got cheaper and best quality service than any freelance sites.

Using google you may find highly experienced individual and company, they are providing cheap service because they haven't to third party.

All Marketing Trends, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You may try freelancewritinggigs.com

mentos, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  7. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's only for writing gigs (as the name suggests) and it is not really a site for hiring freelancers, more like ad board.

I did and didn't like the results. With Google search it is not about best freelancers matching your criteria but about SEO-savvy agencies showing up high in search results. Besides, you don't have escrow services and cannot see feedback from other clients/reputation.

Re Outsourcely.com: I think your business model is a joke, as no employer will consider such site for a long term engagement. Also, considering what you offer in services as an intermediary, you monthly payments are a rip-off.

Jeffr2014, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  8. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't understand, why you haven't like upwork. I have been using upwork for more than two years. If you are facing problem with its interface, I suggest you to take a look on Youtube. You will find many videos on Youtube.

xendurinan, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  9. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's rather ironic, because you're already using the best place to hire freelancers.

Digital Point offers a forum for just about every service you could need.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  10. forinnov

forinnov Member

Best Answers:
    Jeffr, may be it will be not a bad advice for you to try a little bit different model?
    Try StarOfService - it will be totaly free for you as a contractor and you'll be secured from unwanted candidates/coutries initially by the model.
    Naturally it is from France (http://www.starofservice.com)
    but it has .ca service as well (http://www.starofservice.ca/)

forinnov, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  11. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I perfectly understand how their interface works, the problem is that it is very poorly designed and buggy :( As for UpWork, I wish that instead of creating videos on YouTube they invested efforts in making their interface better. Good interface doesn't require tutorial videos... And it's not only interface (read this thread) but the whole system from search to matching contractors to rating to billing to support... It sucks at every step :(

Well, so far I had poor experience hiring people using Digital Point, though, in all honesty, I only hired 5 contractors here. The problem is (1) limited pool (2) timing - people don't check DP daily (3) lack of reputation rating (4) no escrow services (5) fake information/locations

StarOfService is more of a local employment agency rather than a site for hiring freelancers globally.

Jeffr2014, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  12. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Upwork is great actually. May be it is new for you and you are not used to it, this is why you are facing usability issues. Give it some more try and I am sure you'll start liking it, like many other people :)

momi, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  13. E2001Fire

E2001Fire Peon

Best Answers:
    I still can't go past freelancer - I've got people from there I still use years later.

E2001Fire, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  14. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are in minority here, momi. I spoke to 50+ contractors that I hired during 3 years on Elance and they all universally hate Upwork. Their problems with Upwork are a bit different though, payment procedures/delays, very poor quality matching algorithms between skills and jobs, poor quality search (cannot find jobs according to keywords), etc. So it's not about being new to the site, it's about not being able to use Upwork according to even minimal expectations... :(

I am switching from Upwork to Freelancer now, will see how it works. Still have to finish a few projects on Upwork.

Jeffr2014, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  15. delix

delix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I often use https://www.fiverr.com/

delix, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  16. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, I have been using Elance too, and I agree with you for all 100%! It is very hard to understand what to do and, finally, what you need!) Only now I use to rules for my needs:
    1. I use only cheked service in net search for myself!
    2. I can try to ask a help in such sell services sites or forums!
    Such things, can help you to save your time and get a good result!

JudySlean, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  17. Sharma Ankush

Sharma Ankush Member

Best Answers:
    Upwork.com, PeoplePerHour.com and Elance

Sharma Ankush, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  18. Sachinsood90

Sachinsood90 Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancer.com one of the best freelancer site present time, The vast majority of people hires a freelancer through this site just because of this is most popular and reliable.

Sachinsood90, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  19. naseer2

naseer2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that upwork, Freelancer and Elance are best sites For hiring Freelancing.

naseer2, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  20. ebayfire

ebayfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancer, upwork and fiverr is good.

ebayfire, Apr 2, 2016 IP