1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

'He looks like hell': Donald Trump unloads on Glenn Beck after being accused of voting for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Trump has a lot of positives: he is paying for his campaign and, therefore, will not be beholden to large donors. That's significant and almost unheard of to not have a president who must take someone's call for a favor. He also has been a very successful businessman and that counts for something in terms of management skills, making things happen, etc. He also has a flair for getting people's attention and a lot of free publicity by making controversial statements that a lot of people agree with but won't admit to. This means that he will successfully wield the president's most effective tool: the bully pulpit. Reagan was the last president to have such success in getting his message out. The liberal press here and around the world has tried to demonize Trump but, for the most part, their long rants about how bad he is just don't stand the smell test. They trash him for being strong on immigration/border issues (anyone from any other country on this thread has much tougher immigration/border policies than we do, by the way) yet the facts show that we desperately need to have at least the same border controls that Mexico has right now on its southern border with Central America. And a lot of people here know that we have a need and a right to secure our borders like every other country on this planet. Trump also wants to throw out Obamacare which is an obvious failure even to the low information voters who helped re-elect Obama in 2012. So, what is it about Trump that makes him the "worse of the worst?" Mostly, its the hype from frantic liberal media types who cannot believe that they cannot control the presidential race again as they did when they literally dragged Obama over the finish line in 2012. That was an unbelievable spectacle and I have to admit that I am enjoying Trump's ability to not succumb to their relentless attacks like Romney did.

Again, I am still agnostic on whom the Republican candidate should be. Once the early primaries are over, I believe that we will have a better idea of who can beat the Clinton thugs.

jrbiz, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  2. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So that's 33% of the GOP voters. What's the % of GOP voters compared to Liberal voters, 50/50?

Bushranger, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The pundits claim that it is 40% Republican, 40% Democrat, and 20% Independent. However, when people are polled about their political leanings (conservative versus liberal) on specific issues, the conservatives tend to hold majority percentages that vary quite a bit, depending upon the issue. One interesting confirmation on this is that no matter how wrong Obama's action may be on any one issue, there is generally always around 40% support for him. Sometimes it dips into the 30's but is pretty consistent at around 40%. So, we have not yet reached the tipping point where the takers outnumber the makers but he is doing everything he can to grow the number of people who are dependent on government to reach that tipping point (e.g., encouraging illegal immigration, forcing obamacare on us, destroying the economy, etc., etc.)

jrbiz, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Liberals love Trump. Whites / latinos / blacks alike. However, because of their party affiliation they won't admit it openly, ever. If Trump gets nominated it will be a landslide win for him. Liberals will file in in droves to vote for Trump.

Just saw:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
    An unbelievable night in Iowa with our great Veterans! We raised $6,000,000.00 while the politicians talked! #GOPDebate

So he raised 6 mil just like that. Yesterday, the advertisers wasted that much on the commercials during the GOP debate.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    qwikad.com, Jan 29, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Check out the lead (drudge poll). Ay caramba!

ScreenHunter_212 Jan. 29 08.38.gif

qwikad.com, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  6. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Thanks for running the numbers. So 37% of 40% = roughly 16% compared to Obama 40%? Is that what you're saying?

And what sort of numbers support Sanders / Clinton?

Bushranger, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    General election matchups right now are useless. Once both the candidates are chosen, people will decide who they like, and more importantly, are excited about. With the Obama administration at 45% popularity, it will be very difficult for a Democrat to get elected this cycle. Incumbents when they are running, almost always win, unless their poll numbers are in the toilet (25% Carter), or a viable 3rd party candidate runs (Bush/Perot). When an incumbent is not running, Presidential elections in the US tend to be referendums on the party of the incumbent. If the incumbent has a near 60% approval rating (Reagan, Clinton), their party can win (Gore, Bush). Much under that, and they invariably lose.

The last time a Democrat won an election following a different incumbent from his own party in the oval office was 1856.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/08/opinion/sunday/hillary-in-history.html?_r=0
    http://blogs.reuters.com/great-deba...easons-a-republican-is-likely-to-win-in-2016/

It all sounds horribly inevitable, and it largely is. No Republican could have won 2008 following Bush, and likely no Democrat can win 2016 following Obama. Come 2024, rinse and repeat.

Obamanation, Jan 29, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Now they are trying to convince us that "the gap has shrunk".

CZ_MG3uW0AAO436.jpg

This poll is a total BS. None of the candidates gather the crowds / have the impact / raise the support in any way comparable to Trump's

qwikad.com, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If Trump wins both Iowa and NH, no matter the margin, I think that he will be well on his way to the nomination and perhaps unstoppable by any other Republican candidate.

jrbiz, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  10. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Dang it. Nothing is lost yet though. But maybe it is. Well, if my man Trump isn't nominated, I'll vote for Cruz. I hope he can beat the libtard machine.

qwikad.com, Feb 2, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Iowa has never picked the winning candidate, so from that perspective, Trump is still in good shape. I really dislike the fact that Iowa and NH get so much undeserved attention in the primary process and I hope that the political parties wise up to this unfairness and change it around next time. I am impressed that Trump did so well in such a quirky, small state as Iowa. IOWA = Idiots Out Walking Around (this was told to me many years ago by someone living in a neighboring state.) :)

jrbiz, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  12. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Just maybe, disregarding Fox debate might have been a stupid, or moreso too arrogant a move on Mr Trump's part?

Bushranger, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  13. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I don't think not showing up for the debate hurt him. Iowa has got a large group of evangelicals (including mormons, jehovah's witnesses, etc. who technically aren't evangelicals) that believe Trump isn't a true christian/conservative and so they gravitate to someone like Cruz by default. New Hampshire should be a completely different story for Trump. We shall see.

qwikad.com, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  14. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Trump looked like the only viable candidate on the stage. I thought Chris Christie did a good job too. He went berserk on Marco Rubio. Holy cow!

So Trump and Christie were the big winners that night.

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, in that both Trump and Christie tend to be the candidates that "tell it like it is" and let the chips fall where they may. I still cannot forgive Christie for hugging Obama and giving him a big image boost just a couple of weeks before the 2012 election, so he is really low on my list, however. I also think that Rubio looked bad and a lot like an empty suit with his canned responses, which Christie pointed out quite effectively.

jrbiz, Feb 8, 2016 IP
    Obamanation likes this.
  16. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Trump against Sanders would be a ridiculously easy win for Trump.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
    We will stop heroin and other drugs from coming into New Hampshire from our open southern border. We will build a WALL and have security.

qwikad.com, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Sanders really trounced her but I am afraid that the Clinton sleaze machine is now going to ramp up and get even nastier than they have been (like they always do when things are not going well.) And, the problem is that Sanders has shown time and again that he is completely ineffectual at battling her nonstop lying and fraud. I just don't see him having the gumption to call her out on all of her blatant crimes and corruption which would be the only way to beat her and her thug cronies. So far, it has only been Trump who has called her out and he did it so effectively that she immediately stopped talking about him and moved on to attacking others.

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  18. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I am not an expert on the Clintons, but if you listen to Rush, it's clear that the millennials and the libtard media do not give them a free pass anymore. And I do not see the usual excitement in the media about Mrs. Clinton running. At least not for the last couple of weeks. Of course it all can be a game.

qwikad.com, Feb 10, 2016 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The lamestream media has a long history of being "against" the Clintons early in an election cycle when it really doesn't matter (like now) and then suddenly switching (all coordinated with the Clintons) when it matters (i.e., during the general election.) They then can say that they are not just Clinton cheerleaders because look at what they said in the past and low information voters buy into this charade. This has been going on for decades and I expect that it will happen again this year. But it is getting tougher for them because the alternative media continues to grow every day, thereby making it harder to hide the truth, no matter how adept they are at it.

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2016 IP
    Obamanation and qwikad.com like this.
  20. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that. Trump v. Sanders would at least be an interesting general election. Both are real outsiders to the process, so new battle lines would have to be drawn by the entire voter constituency. Could be interesting. My facebook feed is (unfortunately) filled with the blathering of my extremely liberal friends, and to the last of them, they are rabid Sanders supporters. In many ways, it feels like, if Hillary is the candidate, most of the hard left might decide to stay home (like I would if Bush were the GOP candidate).

Yeah, they are just mostly partisan cheerleaders, who become more brazen about showing their biases every election cycle. Right now, in the primary, they are pushing for the leftmost candidate they can. Once the general election rolls around, they will follow the same policy by pushing for the Democrat, even if she is the only candidate running who helped sell the Iraq war.

Obamanation, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.