1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unique content but still no traffic. Could you help??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ehsanji, Feb 5, 2016.

My blog, which has around 600 quality posts and well optimized for search engines, isnt getting enough traffic that it actually deserves. I need your opinion and any suggestions you could provide so that I can work on getting things fixed. Here is the blog link. http://knowledgeclass.blogspot.com

ehsanji, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  2. Ecreationsindia

Ecreationsindia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    only unique content is not sufficient to drive traffic on your blog here are some tips to make it happen-
    #1 Post your content on major social media sites like
    #2 facebook,google+,twitter,tumlr.
    #3 Use slide or ppt in your blog
    #4 Use videos in your blog.
    #5 Use high quality pics when you post content.

Ecreationsindia, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  3. ehsanji

ehsanji Member

Best Answers:
    Sir, what do you mean by slide or PPT?

ehsanji, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  4. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right off the bat you need your own hosting and domain! You have the option to put your blogger blog there on its own domain.
    Id start there.

Then you need to start building natural backlinks to your different post using related anchor text backlinks. Be consistent

Something I just learned that is working well today is getting backlinks from expired domain names can give you a lot of juice.

EPol83, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  5. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that your content is good doesn't mean that it is great. There are so many websites competing against you. In that regard, you have to have something epic in order to attract attention.

niksto82, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  6. ehsanji

ehsanji Member

Best Answers:
    What are some of the best domain name providers you can suggest?

When I said unique and quality content, doesn't that mean it is epic already? Or you mean something else by epic? Just be specific a bit. Thanks.

As you know I am mostly writing stuff about science and focusing on biology, chemistry and physics, and on social media networks entertainment and gossip and news type of blogs and websites get clicks and traffic.. as I believe people use social media networks for the entertainment. Who wants to wants to learn science when they are home from school already?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    ehsanji, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  7. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to organise your content. You have all the posts showing in a long list and the user has to move to the next page to see more. This is not good for searching. Create categories to put them in and then put the category list in your sidebar. It doesn't matter if some of the posts overlap into more than one category, but don't put everything in the same category. This will help your visitors find what they are after better. It will also help search engine's organise your content better.

Limit the number of posts shown on the home page. The number is up to you, but I show five (but I have long posts and use a 'read more' cut-off).

And I would either remove the video, or stop it from playing automatically on the page loading up. I know a lot of people who find these annoying (same with music files), but also you have to think that not all of your visitors will have fast broadband, or may have dozens of tabs already open and may cause their browser to crash (rare, but it does happen).

I agree with @EPol83 about having your domain and hosting. This will be a BIG plus with search engines.

FoxIX, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  8. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to move from blogger to WordPress. It will help you to make more out of your blog.

iwebsocial, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  9. ehsanji

ehsanji Member

Best Answers:
    I need some assistance regarding creating new categories in blogger. I also find it hard to sort of create new blogs into their respective category. For example, if I have 5 different categories, how will I create blogs in a Category called Biology? Just some assistance will do it for me. And thanks for the suggestion regarding the video. It's to have some my education related blog on YouTube so that later I can connect my blog to my YouTube channel.

Okay and will I be required to all my posts manually or is there a way around to do make things move from Blogger to Wordpress automatically?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    ehsanji, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  10. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you read through this post, then it will give you an idea of how you transfer your content from blogger to Wordpress. It would be a good idea to bookmark that site as it's very useful for both beginner and expert users.

FoxIX, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  11. xAlexKimx

xAlexKimx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your contents are unique doesn't mean that everyone will visit your site due to the fact that not all visitors are looking for your topics. For example if I look for information regarding to "body building" I would rather visit bodybuilding.com instead of ebay.com

Use Google Adwords tool to find higher Monthly Search then write those high keywords maybe you will get more visitors.

Good luck

xAlexKimx, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might be providing quality content, but just had a quick look on your blog (excuse me) and I must say its plain and boring.
    And why have a lot of ads all over the page? It's quite annoying.
    Is there a way to navigate on your pages? I mean don't you have menu? for categories and subcategories?
    With the type of niche you have, I hope you can improve more on the subject headline, it is the first thing that catches people's attention.
    Keep them reading by associating it with a good content, interesting content rather.
    Plus, use catchy images or visuals, it's essential.
    Consider my recommendations before you start marketing your blog, then you'll surely attract traffic.

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 11, 2016 IP
    xAlexKimx likes this.
  13. Soto Claudine

Soto Claudine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PPT is a file extension, PPT means powerpoint presentation

Soto Claudine, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  14. electroze

electroze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa! 2 issues: 1. Need to use your own domain name, 2. Need quality links to your site to kickstart traffic.

electroze, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  15. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember that its not just creating a unique content but consider first your target audience along with their needs and expectations from your related field.

KylieSweet, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  16. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You target audience are Students particulary school students who will not go for internet for searching these kind of materials plus there is huge completion for it many big publisher might going for same things so try to check who is ranking for which keywords you taget for each of the post and start doing off page seo

Anusha55, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  17. Jean Howard

Jean Howard Peon

Best Answers:
    You should make your content more useful to the end users and publish your blog on WordPress. As it gives more customization for your blog designing and even search engine loves WordPress blog.

Jean Howard, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  18. Katherine Nova

Katherine Nova Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unique content is not enough to get website ranked if you want rank of any website then you will have to make a strategy to promote this along with the content. You will have to make quality links from other websites and techniques are given in above replies.

Katherine Nova, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  19. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    One major issue of your website is that it is not user friendly. You don't offer proper category system or navigation system for user to explore your website. So your bounce rate will higher and user engagement may low. Also try to get a domain for you and choose a good CMS for your content.

LinkGenie, Feb 12, 2016 IP
  20. imran hanif chaudhry

imran hanif chaudhry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    you can do following things to improve ur website visitors.

1: You can do directory submission.
    2: You can get post on other websites.
    3: You can do blog posing of ur website.

imran hanif chaudhry, Feb 12, 2016 IP