1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoomail vs. Gmail

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by icebreaker, Mar 16, 2007.

1. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was a hardcore yahoo user but gmail caught me with gigs of storage.

abdmjz, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  2. miqdas

miqdas Peon

Best Answers:
    always gmail. :cool::cool:

miqdas, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  3. Mihai775

Mihai775 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google is better and in sync whit mobile phone

Mihai775, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  4. Rocky15

Rocky15 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i thing gmail more than better yahoomail

Rocky15, Jan 22, 2016 IP
    StaSen likes this.
  5. radiusdanu

radiusdanu Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Gmail better than yahoo, if you don't login to your yahoo email in 6 month it will be expired. Gmail never expired.
    Yahoo better that Gmail, Yahoo offer 1TB space for each email. Where Gmail just offer 15GB space.
    Choose yours ;)

radiusdanu, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  6. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    If you need 1TB of space, you truly do not know how to use an email account. In fact if you even need more than 15GB of space you are a greenhorn newbie who needs a competent adult standing over them when they go online, to show you how to use the Internet!

ecchi, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  7. radiusdanu

Best Answers:
    So you said that i am greenhorn who don't know how to manage my mailbox?
    If you're on my side, receiving 50-100 email/day, do you have time to delete it?
    Are you spending your time to delete unimportant email that you receive everyday?
    If so, tell me your service fee, to delete each unimportant email that i receive every day such as, TNW Deals, dynadot, godaddy. namecheap, lazada, elevenia, banggood, tomtop, i will spend my rest time if i tell you how many emails come to me everyday noobs.

8. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    Your post kind of proves my point. Your 50-100 emails will split into two types; those you actually read and those you ignore. Each needs treating differently.

Those You Read: If your email server is any good, once you have finished with it, clicking "delete" will take as little time as any other action (eg. leaving it there and clicking "next email"). No extra time required.

Those you DON'T read: Create a separate folder and some mail rules that will dump any mail you are unlikely to be needing into this folder. A quick glance over (or whatever method you currently use) will tell you if any need to be read and acted upon. Then select them (check box action) and move these emails to the other folder. If you know what you are doing and have set sensible mail rules then this should be a matter of about ten seconds work. Once you have done this it should take about two seconds to click "select all emails in this folder" and hit delete.

All in all twelve seconds work to keep your emails neat and clean. If your emails are not neat and clean, then finding an important one later will take a lot longer, and you will be doing more work, spending more time on emails, and possibly missing something important. Only a newbie or a fool lets his email get bloated and sloppy so that it takes forever to find an old, important one.

The fact that you need so much email storage space shows you are not using your email account properly, and are probably a greenhorn newbie. Your reply to my post where you point out that you don't even know how to deal with 100 emails a day, how to kill the useless ones in seconds, proves you are a greenhorn newbie. Sorry, but you still have a lot of learning to do.

ecchi, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  9. radiusdanu

Best Answers:
    :D
    just because i am refering others to use yahoo which offer 1TB space, then you against me?
    I am not email readers, when i see notification, i save it to read later. All email contains important message to me
    so i don't want to put it on separate folders, and don't delete it. Around 15K emails since registered
    . I am using gmail or yahoo at all, who cares? You care about it, Thanks, it's so sweet.

10. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    No I'm not against you. I made a comment about what you said. It was not about you. But you chose to assume it was about you. I cannot be held responsible for the fact that you have such a big ego and inflated sense of self importance that you think everything is about you!

Actually, yes. My second post on the subject was because I cared. I gave you free advice.You were free to accept it, or reject it if you thought it was wrong. But instead you chose to post saying basically "I don't care, I'll do things my way, even if the other way is better. Now excuse me while I sulk like a five year old." You are never going to succeed if you never listen to advice. And you will cease to get good advice if you continually reply with bitter snide answers to advice, and generally act like a small child who was not allowed to go on the big rides at Disneyland!

Simply put. Your pathetic, whiny replies when I disagreed with you show that in webmastering you are a looser. That is OK. For there to be winners there have to be losers, and as I intend to be a winner, I need there to be losers like you.

However before I give up on you as one of life's failures, one final piece of advice: Learn how to take advice. Also learn how to take criticism. If someone tells you they think you are doing things the wrong way, don't immediately become a dick. Thank them, and think about what they said. If you think they are wrong politely disagree, and tell them why. However, if what they say makes sense, adopt their ideas. Don't just stick your fingers in your ears and scream "not listening, not listening, not listening". That may seem satisfying, but it does not help you. All it does is leave posts by you that other people can read and laugh at you.

ecchi, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  11. radiusdanu

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the big story.

I am just answering the message, Yahoo vs GMail then you come, quote and reply my post as an big daddy telling advice to his son, just like you know everything, just like Google :D

GMail offering 15GB Space (Never Expired)
    Yahoo offering 1TB Space (Expired in 6 month if you don't login)

Am i wrong with that answer?
    About the suggestion, Thanks mate. Are u a management guru anyway?
    Everything in this world has + and -. ALLAH Subhanahuwata'ala create that as balance, black white, day night. I just telling the plus and minus between Yahoo and GMail like this thread title.

Please read my first answer carefully. "Choose yours"

There is no offense with another person. But your answer like a best Guru's telling me how to manage my mailbox and telling me story from A to Z. Thanks again, Thanks alot.
    Stop Act Like You Know Everything, Unless You're Google :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  12. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    If you cannot take it when people reply to your message, you should not post. In fact you should probably avoid chat rooms all together, you are not grown up enough to participate!

ecchi, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  13. radiusdanu

Best Answers:
    The thread starter just needs our answer, not a DEBATE like this,
    Please keep in mind, every person maybe accept your suggestion or your advice, maybe not.
    And you shouldn't push everyone to be in one way with you. have a nice day.

radiusdanu, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  14. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much what I have been telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I make a post based on what you said and your reply was pretty much "Waaagh mummy, the man does not agree with me - please make him agree with me.". I explain myself and again you end up crying and complain that "Mummy, it is not fair, the man is trying to help me, I don't want help, I want to get it wrong all the time." On the plus side you are giving everyone a good laugh at your stupidity, on the down side, you are boring.

As I said in a previous post: If you cannot stand debate DON'T POST ANYTHING! The idea of a chat board like this is that one person posts something and other people post to agree or disagree with them. If you are not happy with that then you should stick to blog posting where (if you switch off the comments option) you can sprout your own doggerel without anyone else joining in. But if you want to use chat boards like this you have to accept that anything you say will be up for debate. This will always be the case, not just here, but on ALL chat boards. If you cannot play by the "rules", then simply don't play at all. Do not just expect the entire world to change to satisfy your desires!

In short - Grow up!

ecchi, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  15. radiusdanu

Best Answers:
    Thread starter asking US, I give my vision then you against me.
    "I keep my opinion, You keep your opinion" Please stop wasting my time.

radiusdanu, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  16. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    You still don't understand how chat boards work, do you? And before you argue that point, your statement: "I keep my opinion, You keep your opinion" demonstrates this. That is exactly the opposite of how boards like this work!!!

Learn how to use the board, or stop posting.

ecchi, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  17. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    I hate Yahoo`s interface, I hate it how slow it is, I hate it how it looks, I hate it that it has ads, so yes, I prefer Gmail

HCFGrizzly, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  18. DanyRoden

DanyRoden Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly.. I agree with HCF.
    Yahoo is much slower, I prefer Gmail.

DanyRoden, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  19. jeremy860

jeremy860 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Yahoo Mail myself.

jeremy860, Feb 15, 2016 IP