1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

20 visitors to my 2 week old blog. good or bad

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by SunielMalviya, Jul 28, 2015.

Dear Friends, I have my tech blog, created 2 weeks before, having 15 quality post, but i am getting 20 visitors per days from organic search.

so want to know is it a good number as a start. or should i do something more to generate more visitors.

SunielMalviya, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  2. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting more and more visitors to your website is something that is never ending. Sure, you can stop and be happy with what you have, but why not try to increase the numbers.

20 a day is only about 600 a month. Having numbers like that will not make you a lot of money if that is what you are trying to do.

Add more quality content, make sure it's in the search engine's indexes and make sure people know it's out there. Social media is a good way to generate more traffic. Getting links from other quality sites in the same niche will also help drive more traffic and improve your rankings on the SERP's.

20 is a very low number and for your site to be successful, you will want to get more traffic. 20 is not horrible for the age of the site (I've seen lower), but most newer sites will have more than that, given some quality content and some promotion.

ulterios, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  3. SunielMalviya

SunielMalviya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thk you sir for a nice reply. I will work more to generate more trafic. i have quality content and SEO friendly pages, will try to generate visitors from other source. thk you.

SunielMalviya, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  4. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are most welcome.

If you want to PM me your website URL I can Tweet it out on a Twitter account I have that is for a tech/electronics related site. It's up to you. I don't have a ton of followers, but most are targeted in this field/niche. Might get a bit of traffic.

ulterios, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  5. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    its all depend on which type of blog you create and which type of content you post in article. also depend on how many post you publish in a day.

seoaceindia, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  6. lutfia1313

lutfia1313 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess that good, if you really mean that they are showing you the numbers of visitors, not the page views...

lutfia1313, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  7. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that is a good start man!

A lot of people do not get that many visitors after months!

You are doing something right for the search engines. Just learn exactly what is helping you get those 20 visitors a day, and scale up! :)

Keep up the great work!

Snoopy240, Dec 5, 2015 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Getting visitors isn't really that hard. Of course, the theme of the blog does matter, but as an example, my blog, which have been dormant for a good while, had between 200 and 2000 visitors (sometimes up to 20k) on each post. What did I write about? Mostly random stuff, political comment, news comments etc. Always linking to the original stories (backlinks) and pushing every new post on Facebook and Twitter.

PoPSiCLe, Dec 5, 2015 IP
  9. Rick Salas

Rick Salas Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe you need to concentrate on visitors right now. 5, 15 or 20 is ok for now because what you want to do is help one person at a time unless it's not an information business. Traffic doesnt work without a great download. A great download doesnt work without building relationships through expertise and knowledge in emails or where ever your engagement process is. Building relationships doesnt work if you dont have a product or related product to sell those people that begin to trust you to have the credibility and expertise to deliver top value in exchange for a payment. In my opinion and from what Ive seen from some of the most successful people online ( there is only one best in a niche) is that people buy from people that are the best for a certain price point and have that trust to deliver. All the rest are doing what everybody else does. It takes time. Just because everybody is doing something doesn't mean it works. Be cautious with your time and money. Thousands of visitors might not spend a dime unless you give them a reason on why to buy from you. A website just delivers the information. They have to bond with you. After you have things set up the way that works best, set aside a portion of that money for attracting repeat visitors from the traffic sources that are working for you, not driving them from a place where they don't connect with you and what you can do for them. I find if you dont connect in a certain way there is no reason for any amount of visitors to buy anything. Hope this helps. We are in this all together my friend. If you can take the time the pros took to make money by sharing whatever you can to change peoples lives you can be the best. maybe small income at first but big money as time goes on. Make sure you don't believe the fallacy that anybody can make money with lots of visitors to a website.

Rick Salas, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  10. vashikaranguruji

vashikaranguruji Member

Best Answers:
    you will have to make unique content for your blog and also make some efforts for social media efforts :)

vashikaranguruji, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  11. garry420

garry420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its a good start to make.
    600/month organic visits are good enough for a start

garry420, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    That amount of traffic is just normal to a new site.
    You'll get more of that if you'll keep on updating your blog.
    On the other hand, make sure to let your target audience know that such blog exist. Keep them posted!

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  13. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should now focus on creating quality content. The traffic will grow substantially.

iwebsocial, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  14. Jon555

Jon555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's tough at first isn't it?
    Keep adding new and interesting content, in fact, if I was you I wouldn't worry too much just about traffic at the moment but concentrate on writing regular and high quality stuff.
    With the Search Engine Optimization side of things, are you using WordPress? If so, and you haven't done so already, get the free 'SEO by Yoast' plugin. This plugin acts as a great reminder to do some SEO on your articles.

Also, are you including images in your posts and are they optimized for SEO? If not, do so now. Plenty of videos online that can help you do this.

Good luck.
    Cheers
    Jon Crimes

Jon555, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  15. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    May I ask how you achieve such high visits per post? If your writing about random stuff I presume your not getting a huge percentage of traffic from the search engines. How many Twitter follower do you have? and also Facebook page likes?

ITMTB, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  16. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my blog is only 2 days old, and has received 500 pageviews, however, your expectations are far to high...
    Even if you are in the right niche, it can sometimes take blogs months-years to make money...so 20 visitors/day
    is a start for sure, you have to start someplace. It is very rare that a site can go up, then start getting
    loads of legit traffic, and the blog owner is in happy land, and dollar bills fall from the sky...It does not work
    that way. Those bloggers that claim $1000-$5,000/mo have been blogging for a few
    years already, and google has already given there sites enough trust so that when they post their
    content, then it is ranking almost immediately. You need to lower your expectations to nothing, and
    get ready for the long haul, with the competition out there already, it may take you some time....

If you remember one thing, then remember this, it does not matter how great your
    content is. If you do not get backlinks to your content, then your blog will not gain much traction, and it will stall with what you get from organic traffic. Content by itself will not get your high rankings, it will be backlinks to your content that drives your content up in the search engines.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    dscurlock, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  17. Ivan S

Ivan S Member

Best Answers:
    What about bounce rate?

Ivan S, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  18. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Tough is not the word I would use, fixing a car for me would be tough.
    What we do online isnt tough as it is time consuming, and if you have no skills,
    then it can be very expensive startup cost, and returns will not be immediate.
    Take authority backlinks for example. I know a source where I can get
    a constant supply of wikipedia backlinks, however, they are $25ea, and
    they probably are not the most expensive, but hey $25 can add up fast...

dscurlock, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  19. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Back then I was at about 1000 Twitter followers (actual people, not bots and corporations), didn't have a FB-page, but posted it on my timeline on FB usually - I have about 700 people on FB.

Reason I got such a high count was mostly because I commented on politics, movies, news etc., making it an active voice in the public commentary. Back then it was also lots of different blog-lists, and I was usually in the top 20-something on those, often in top 10, which also helped.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  20. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I am getting anywhere from 75-100 visitors/day, and I am still working on my site, not
    only that, my site is set to "nofollow" at the moment. The reason I am getting so many
    hits on my site is because I am working on social media. I cant say if the traffic is any good
    because when you use social media, then traffic comes from all over, and most of it
    will be of no use to me, so if I am getting that much traffic now, then my stats will
    light up like a xmas tree when I actually get content online, and crawlable....

and even after I get online, it still may take 6-12 months for things to really kick
    in from organic traffic. It takes so long because google does not know or even
    trust your site, however, when that trust starts to build, so will your traffic....

However, if you keep repeating past mistakes, dup content, shady link schemes,
    then there is no reason to even be online, at some point, google will put a stop to your traffic...
    and the only thing you will be left with is random social traffic from all over the world....
    and once you stop social promotions, then that too will dry up. There is simply no
    such thing these days as in setting up a site, then go drink coffee waiting for your
    check to arrive next month, that is nothing more then a pipe dream; As your are sitting
    there drinking your coffee, others will be putting in their due dilegence, and will get rewarded over time.

dscurlock, Feb 3, 2016 IP