1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to bring website in initial search results?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tanya.verma97, Jan 20, 2016.

Hi, i am working on SEO of one website for around 4 months now. So far i've created more than 1100 links to site(as i saw in google webmasters). So my point is instead of all on page and good off page activities and i am not able to see my website in google search for my keywords even in 200-300 searches. Please anyone assist me what could be the issue and what can be done in this matter.

tanya.verma97, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  2. tanya.verma97

tanya.verma97 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    also i want to share that, my created links in off page activities like blogs, ppt, listing etc, these links are appearing in search with the same keywords.

3. Mit Thakkar

Mit Thakkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not only about links. Check On Page SEO factors as well for your website. also check your competitor sites. You will get an idea whats missing from your site.

Mit Thakkar, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  4. tanya.verma97

tanya.verma97 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i analysed my site with one of the top competitors, almost everything is better on our site. I've got better score on my site. I tried site seo analysis tools available online. You can check too.
    These are 2 of our competitors www.webcdr.com and www.jerasoft.net
    and this is the site i am working for- http://www.telefonemedia.com/

5. Rudra Pratap

Rudra Pratap Member

Best Answers:
    After checking your website, I found that there are 3 sitemaps added to your site. Also the Heading tags are not properly optimized in your site. Images are missing alt tags in them. Also, the loading time is quite high.

Rudra Pratap, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  6. Harris96

Harris96 Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot get rank on google if:
    • Your domain age is not about 6 months old.
    • You are not using target keywords in your urls.
    • You are missing alt tags in images.
    • You are not using H1 tag with your keyword on every post you want to rank.
    • Your flesch reading ability is less than 50%.
    • You are not using anchor text (with target keyword) in your link building.

Harris96, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  7. na9endra

na9endra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Share you URL I will try to analyse it and get back to u on the same

na9endra, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  8. tanya.verma97

tanya.verma97 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    These are 2 of our competitors www.webcdr.com and www.jerasoft.net
    and this is the site i am working for- http://www.telefonemedia.com/

tanya.verma97, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  9. uday11

uday11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is in your question itself - 4 months old and 1100 Links. Looks shaddy. If i'm not right your website can be in google sandbox (observation). Stop link building and start focusing on onpage which is MUCH required for your website.

Invest some time in developing content. I don't see any VALUABLE CONTENT IN BLOG, do not ignore this. This can help you drive traffic to your website as well rankings.,

uday11, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  10. na9endra

na9endra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    na9endra, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  11. tanya.verma97

tanya.verma97 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I said i am working on seo of this site for 4 months, i did not say that the website h 4 months old. Secondly 1100 (round fig.) is the back links to site(as i saw in googlle webmasters).

tanya.verma97, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  12. Cha Wong

Cha Wong Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you try Social Bookmarking and Directories?

Cha Wong, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  13. tanya.verma97

tanya.verma97 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, a lot

tanya.verma97, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  14. aaronlzx

aaronlzx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When I first started out doing SEO, I never saw results with just relying solely on building backlinks. There's a few other factors that are more dominant. First off, we'll need to know the keyword that you're competing for and how competitive it is. That matters a lot, because if you're competing for a keyword like "seo", you're probably not going to see results until after months of hard work.

Secondly, if your on-page optimisation isn't on point, then there isn't going to be a point in building backlinks. This means you'll need to optimise your titles, meta descriptions, alt tags, h1 tags, as already mentioned. The thing is, Google is incredibly sensitive to these factors now, so you can't afford to spam keyword in this department either. Just put some thought into it and optimise it for different related keywords.

And try creating content that will interest people and entice them to share it instead of self-promotional posts. Reach out to content networks, bloggers, news networks, and see if you can work on something with them. It also helps to get some of your existing clients to link to you, those will be a lot more valuable than spamming social bookmarking sites and directories.

If you're targeting clients within your local area, get your Google My Business set up, the presence of that can be a ranking factor as well. Nevertheless, don't be disheartened if you don't see results. Just keep going at it and try out different strategies. Hope this helps :)

aaronlzx, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  15. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're not doing it properly or you built poor links for your website. Though you built lot's of links more than 1100 but not yet in google ranking. That's really sad things. Remove all bad links and build new good one.

Atikur, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  16. Cha Wong

Cha Wong Peon

Best Answers:
    If Off Page Optimization is not working well so improve On Page Optimization then by making the keywords more catchy, long tail keywords and relevant to the theme? Also improve the content of the website.. May be that will work.. Good Luck

P.S. Do check the website have robots.txt etc?

Also please tell when you started the SEO of the website, the website was on which result page (SERP)?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    Cha Wong, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  17. Aldrich Albert

Aldrich Albert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Must be done -

1. Code Validation
    2. Keyword Research
    3. Meta Tag Updation
    4. XML site map creation
    5. Website verufucation on Google Webmaster Tool
    6. Content Optimization
    7. Image optimization
    8. Robot.txt (if needed)
    9. Google analytic code
    10. All tag optimization
    11 Sitemap.xml uploaded on website

Aldrich Albert, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  18. maxauthority

maxauthority Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tanya, I'm sorry to break this to you but it seems like you built too many links in a relatively short period of time.

Based on your post, you said that you have created more than 1,100 links to your target website in the span of four months.

This doesn't look natural at all.

This is why I'm not surprised that you're not able to find most of your keywords with Google searches.

Even if you were to look at the 30th page, you're still unable to see your webpage rank.

You may have gone overboard in terms of backlinks generated.

Also, the sheer volume of the backlinks you’ve come up with kind of makes me think twice regarding the quality of those links.

You see, with modern SEO, the name of the game is quality, not quantity.

You would’ve probably gotten much better results if you had earned links from 11 quality websites in the span of 4 months, instead of 1,100 links.

maxauthority, Feb 7, 2016 IP