1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Beginner in Photography

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kaibril, Jan 20, 2016.

I would love to venture with photography so I purchased a DSLR. I am really confused with its features. The auto mode was okay for me but I guess later on, I have to uncover the manual mode to be able to get perfect shots. As a starter, I guess there are so many things I shall learn with DSLR & photography. Any tips for beginners in photography?

kaibril, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  2. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many affordable video courses about photography at udemy. I'm sure you will learn many from there.

lightstarm2k, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  3. Shinobi Arya

Shinobi Arya Banned

Best Answers:
    This may help:
    www.iphotographycourse.com

Shinobi Arya, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  4. damian1000

damian1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    We have a YouTube channel full of useful tutorials. For example, watch this video if you're wondering how to set-up flash triggers.

damian1000, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  5. dpac852

dpac852 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @kaibril practice made prefect and it nearly has no cost to shoot more on digital camera. Just shoot more and watching how-to video from youtube to learn. that's my 2c

dpac852, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  6. treyarnon

treyarnon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I remember getting my first DSLR many years ago now. And, yes! it all seemed very confusing at the time. Most DSLR's today shoot very nicely on AUTO mode but in order to get more out of your photography, you will need to start playing with the manual settings such as depth of field, shutter speed and deciding on the best lenses for your projects. I would start by deciding what type of photography do you want to do? Product photography, sports, portraits, nature/wildlife? and then go from there. There is a lot of good free information out there. Good luck and happy shooting.

treyarnon, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  7. atraveldiary

atraveldiary Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of youtube channels that's dedicated to budding photographers, so you could check those out. And if you want to learn more about your camera, try going to creativelive.com. If you have a specific camera, John Greengo probably have a class on how to use that specific camera. Just google Fast Start Class with John Greengo. It also helps to decide what photography niche you want to get into so that you can start looking at those photography. I find that the more you look at quality photo, the more you eye for "art" improve.

atraveldiary, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  8. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    The main thing is to love people.
    I had experience working with a photographer who photographed people ugly.
    I think the reason is that the photographer does not like people and does not see any beauty in them.

Hybirid, Mar 29, 2017 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Getting a camera without any knowledge is... well, putting the horse before the cart, perhaps. However, with digital photography, you have the benefit of having no cost in trying out different settings. Find a motive, set the camera up on a tripod, or just a stable surface (so it doesn't move), and go through every.single.one of the different settings - yes, all of them. Shooting one or more images with each one. Then load all of them into a computer, and go through them, and see what difference different settings make. That will at least give you a little understanding of what the different options do - and of course, you have the camera's manual as well, which describes different settings, so you have a name for them.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 15, 2017 IP
  10. digbadsit

digbadsit Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck in Photography buddy

digbadsit, May 18, 2017 IP