1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can i get rid off my stammering????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gyan027, Jan 14, 2016.

It's really embarrassing for me...I just want to get out of it....i can't face interviews ..is there anyone having the same problem???

Gyan027, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to see a speech therapist who can help you identify the cause of your stammering. My understanding is that it's usually stress related so getting the skills to handle stressful situations (they're unavoidable, after all) is the key.

sarahk, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  3. Gyan027

Gyan027 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks.......will meditation help??

Gyan027, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It might, but you need to build up self-calming strategies that you can practice in public that, over time, will work quickly so that people don't notice. Takes time and lots of practice.

sarahk, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When stammerers sing they don't stammer. Why? It's because when they are singing they are tapping into the pleasure center of the brain. You need to learn how to do that and to access the pleasure center, and focus on how that makes you feel *before* you speak.
    When you sing you are relaxed and not nervous. You see, it can be overcome. It's all to do with mind control.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  6. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not in the long term. I don't stammer, but I hate public speaking or things like calling someone etc. or used to anyways. Worst thign you can do is panic, just calm down, accept that you stammer and wait for it to pass. I always get that anxiety attack of my heart beating like a drum, but it passes.

Karri, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Take @sarahk 's advice and seek a professional speech therapist if you possibly can afford it. There are several tested and proven techniques that can help you shortcircuit the stammering impulse much like the singing that @Spoiltdiva references as an example.

jrbiz, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  8. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gareth Gates has a speech impediment and his was improved with singing. He used the McGuire Programme. You can read about him (and find a link to the programme) on his wiki page -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Gates. On a personal note, I used to have a stutter when I was younger, but for me it was purely a nerves and I just read books on building confidence (didn't have the internet back then ;) )

FoxIX, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  9. learnwebsitedesigncom

learnwebsitedesigncom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Going kind of off of what @Spoiltdiva said, I used to stutter a good amount. I was a bad habit. The biggest thing that I did to stop stuttering was to sing along to slow songs while driving, almost as if I was talking slowly and not really singing. Not only did it help me with my stuttering, I also enjoy the music and my own singing lol

learnwebsitedesigncom, Jan 20, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. abinjoy

abinjoy Member

Best Answers:
    Its not a big issue. I think you are facing this problem only during some situations like interviews. You can easily get rid of this issue. Attend some mock interviews and group discussions like that. Try to communicate with more people in our office or your location. It gives you a positive strength to talk with people outside your comfort zone. Communicate to yourself in front of a mirror.

abinjoy, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  11. stevenwatson011

stevenwatson011 Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try in front of mirror....?

stevenwatson011, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  12. Gyan027

Gyan027 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you people for your advise.....I recently consult a doctor and he said that, I have to train my sub-conscious mind...by giving it instructions again and again by meditation....and i have to attain at least 3 session of hypnotism.

Gyan027, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, my wife and I signed up for a hypnotism session (we were part of a crowd of 50 - 60) and it was pretty interesting. Did not work so great on me as my wife tells me that while most people in the room were being put into a hypnotic state through various relaxation techniques, I fell asleep and started snoring. I did wake feeling refreshed, however. :)

We went home with a CD that had very banal background music, with posthypnotic suggestions interspersed throughout.) I would play the DVD at certain times and it seemed to reduce my hunger at the time. I need to try to find that CD again... ;)

jrbiz, Feb 8, 2016 IP
  14. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have access to an Ayurvedic (Native Indian Medicine) Physician , you can try ...
    Combine that with Accupuncture , you will see the difference in weeks..

mdvasanth86, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  15. Rado_

Rado_ Active Member

Best Answers:
    My brother helped himself by just reading loads of books. You might try it.

Rado_, Feb 20, 2016 IP
  16. Ed Prospero

Ed Prospero Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As the guy above said, reading, that is reading aloud, can help. You could also try reciting poems. The structure and the musical quality might help. I understand some people have been able to overcome their stutter that way. I think in your case, if you aren't just stuttering when you're nervous, or you don't feel you stutter because you're nervous, it's an acquired speech defect. In rare cases it's neurological, and requires medical therapy. In most, just techniques and activities to help you overcome it. It might be worthwhile to see a therapist. But in the meantime you can try reading aloud, and reciting poetry. Be patient and persistent in whatever you do.

Ed Prospero, Apr 5, 2016 IP
  17. MurrayRothbard

MurrayRothbard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's what you do : read aloud at home. Just read to yourself out loud and that will help you will solve your speech impediment.

MurrayRothbard, Apr 7, 2016 IP