1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve my earnings?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AOKP, Jan 13, 2016.

Hello everyone,

after being a "silent" Digitalpoint reader, I finally decided to register and participate as well.

My question is, if my earnings are too low and how I could optimize them?

I currently have over 50.000 impressions a day, just like 25.000 page views. My click rate is relatively low (0.1%). All in all I earn around 15$ a day over AdSense.

Yes, I do have a AdSense optimized layout and also do show 3 ads on all sites.

My traffic sources are Russia, Spain, France, Germany, Italy and India. Unfortunately I haven't a lot US traffic.

So, what are your suggestions?
    Shall I consider a purely CPM based network or am I already maxed out?

AOKP, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How many unique visitors do you have per day and what is your web site about? It's hard to make suggestions without knowing what type of web site you run.

NetStar, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  3. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically I am running a news site and forum about a special manufcaturer for smartphones.

I have around 6500 daily unique visitors.

AOKP, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are solely focused on how to improve your earnings rather than concentrating on your target audience on how to build trust and relationship.

KylieSweet, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  5. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely false and it makes me ashamed to read such a nonsense.

1) We already are the leader in our niche.
    2) Our growth relies on the growth of the manufacturer (we act independent from them).
    3) What do trust and relationship have to do with earnings? How can they influence them in any way?
    Besides that I can confirm that our members have full confidence in us and therefore we all get along very well with each other. The sense to optimize our earnings is that we want to improve our "offer", e.g. giveaways, better infrastructure, etc..
    4) It is not a crime, if you want to compare yourself to others.

We do not expect to make a ton of money nor is that in our personal interest, but we just want to build a financial foundation for our site, especially in consideration to its technical complexity.

Edit by AOKP:
    Feel free to ignore this post as the previous post of the user has been removed.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    AOKP, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of looking at adsense for income I would look into affiliate programs specific programs to what your site is about..

kb24, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  7. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I also thought about that, but as my niche is very special this is unlikely to work. But then again I could try it.

How about using a CPM based ad network?

AOKP, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  8. Flexster

Flexster Member

Best Answers:
    Hey you could offer a paid subscription assuming your articles are consistent, unique and attractive, something like 99 cent for 8 weeks for paid subscription could work, it will be a numbers game of course. I seen this paywall on my local news site a few days ago.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah9/jummyloke/paid_subscription_news_zpsqekmvehp.png

Humans buy based on emotions, so you will have to provide persuasive reasons (benefits) your readers will gain by becoming a paid subscriber to your news site. Then just focus on providing good content and driving new traffic

Hope that helps good luck

Flexster, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  9. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be indeed worth looking into.
    Maybe I can combine the subscription with more than just the articles.

Thanks for the idea!

AOKP, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  10. Flexster

Flexster Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to help, and also have your team check other local news sites, for example you could study the top twenty metropolitan cities in the US, then research their local news sites, or you could easily find major cities by going to craigslist or google the most visited craigslist cities then study those cities news sites. This research could easily be done with a fiverr data entry gig if you don't want to find all the news websites yourself.

Just some food for thought!

11. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    Our market is global though and therefore we put no effort into a centralization. Also we are talking about a chinese brand - not an US one.

The only thing we were thinking about was to increase our reach in the A-level countries in the EU (namely Germany & Scandinavia) as traffic from these Geo's pays better than US one.

AOKP, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disagree, How can you say that the statement is false? nonsense? and so are these "My question is, if my earnings are too low and how I could optimize them?"

How this leader in the niche be such low in earnings? Why? Could optimization really increase your earnings?

KylieSweet, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  13. Flexster

Flexster Member

Best Answers:
    lol

14. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, because our niche is definitely not that big - at least it seems like that.

AOKP, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  15. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your niche?

kb24, Jan 14, 2016 IP
  16. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    As said, we deal with a chinese premium brand for smartphones.

AOKP, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  17. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you running just Adsense? You can add affiliate products and or you can rent out advertising space.

EPol83, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  18. overfish

overfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you testing out new ad placements on your website regularly? Here at Ezoic we have worked with thousands of websites and we consistently testing new ad positions and sizes. We've found that testing out new ad placements really helps to overcome ad blindness on a site, and can make significant revenue increases.

overfish, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  19. AOKP

AOKP Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. It is indeed important to consider ad blindness, which we did.

About the suggestions with affiliate programms:
    Nope. We think it is a bit unserious and are afraid that users are going to believe that we are mainly chasing the profit, which we are indeed not.

How about a different ad network? Do you guys think it would make sense to try a purely CPM based one like Citeo?

P.S.: Thanks for the suggestions so far!

AOKP, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  20. overfish

overfish Peon

Best Answers:
    I would look into using Google's DoubleClick Ad Exchange. It includes hundreds of CPM ad networks bidding in real time for your ad inventory.

overfish, Jan 15, 2016 IP