1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Find Email Providers for Email Traffic?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by jihanemo, Jan 8, 2016.

I'm not a GA professional so please forgive me if I do not use the correct terminology.

Essentially, I'm trying to find out how many users are opening my email campaigns with Gmail.

How do I find out the email providers my audience is using from the traffic that lands on my website through my email campaigns?

I wonder if there is a special type of tracking I need to set up or if this information that can already be found in GA.

jihanemo, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  2. efrea

efrea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Visitors of gmail is shown as direct /none/. You can track visitors with custom url adress. Visit the link https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en
    It's very useful to track sponsored posts via social media and check the ROI.

efrea, Jan 11, 2016 IP
  3. jihanemo

jihanemo Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your help.

jihanemo, Jan 11, 2016 IP
  4. Abhishek Nigam

Abhishek Nigam Member

Best Answers:
    Hi JIhanemo,
    The best way to track your email audience in Google analytics is use google custom utm's in your landing pages. They will give each and every details of email in google analytics.
    If you will face the problem how to use them then type on Google what is Google utm and how to use it. Then you will get some good video's they will help you to use them.
    Thanks,
    Abhishek

Abhishek Nigam, Feb 14, 2016 IP