1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Referral spam is killing these days in GA, any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Yourwebsolution, Dec 28, 2015.

I am considering moving to another Analytics software because Google still is infected with many referral spam, especially the last two weeks.

I know that they did a little about it to not show on some pages but it still is visible in many areas of GA. also their mobile app is filled with it. I know it's possible to filter them out but im not going to create a dozen filters every time I add a new project and do a daily maintenance to filter the new ones out.

Google, please do something about it! The data you are now providing is incorrect!!!

Any alternatives?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Yourwebsolution, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  2. WP.Guide

WP.Guide Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much all analytics tools are getting hit hard by referral spammers. The problem is that they switch out domains so quickly it is hard to maintain effective block lists. Analytics does have a block common robots feature in their settings, which does help, and you can also set up google analytics to ignore search queries as well (Which is another technique referal spammers use to get in to your "behavior" reports).

WP.Guide, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  3. Kogi Mobile

Kogi Mobile Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also tired of adding new domains into my filters everyday, I got hit a lot especially because of the whole new year thing. Referral Spam is very annoying but don't think there is a solution for it so far except the filters.

Kogi Mobile, Jan 5, 2016 IP
  4. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One way to prevent this is to use the fliter in google analytics and filter all the spam domains

Anusha55, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  5. Kogi Mobile

Kogi Mobile Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you even read the conversation on this tread?? Everyone on this tread are already using Filters...

Kogi Mobile, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  6. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How you know that everyone use it. It is necessary to block domain filter and there is no other way to remove referral spam

Anusha55, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  7. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jeffr2014, Jan 8, 2016 IP