1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can't transfer a domain from my godaddy account to my buyers

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by boodidyajump, Dec 14, 2006.

for the last 24 hours i've been trying to transfer a domain name which i have sold from my godaddy account to the buyers account there. every time i get this "errors detected" message.

anybody else having this problem or know what's wrong?

thanks.

boodidyajump, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just a few items for you to check. There may be more.
    Did you unlock the domain?
    Did you enter the buyers primary, valid GD email address?
    Did you enter some info even fake in all the fields for name address phone etc? The system will accept asds asdap as a name it won't take a blank. It also requires that numeric fileds like zip and phone be numbers.

Colbyt, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  3. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I would give GD a call and see if they can help you directly. Best to get the factual reason rather than speculating.

drig, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  4. boodidyajump

boodidyajump Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your replies, i have now solved this. the solution would be funny if it had not been so pointlessly time-consuming.

Colbyt - though incorrect in detail you were well-intentioned and in the right area so for the benefit of others:

"It also requires that numeric fileds like zip and phone be numbers"

in fact the new registrant tells me his address literally does not have a postcode. mercifully the system accepted my "na" for not available. as you see, not a number in site.

(this may be because he is outside the usa and believe it or not i find the system is capable of changing its behavior if you do not enter a state and then enter a country other than usa).

ie: the states go away and you are (presumably) expected to go back and enter something else: in this case a county (in ireland).

but all of this is almost by-the-by as i had discovered it along the way. perversly, the actual reason for my "errors detected" message was that the "organisation" field which is not a required field must be completed.

don't expect it matters what you put in there: your inside-leg measurement; your recommended cure for a boil on your cat's backside; you choose. just don't leave it empty, that's all!

pathetic! but true. what a waste of everybody's time. :mad:

thanks again to those of you who tried to help.

Peter.

boodidyajump, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  5. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, just put "N/A" or "Not Applicable".

ReadyToGo, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  6. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Never having sold one out of the USA I will say thank you for the info.

The system may be smarter than I gave it credit for being.

Colbyt, Dec 14, 2006 IP