1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google vs. Bing 2016 - Get ready for bi(n)g change!

Discussion in 'Google' started by charlesgan, Dec 30, 2015.

?

Is google still the number 1 search engine for this year 2016?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2016.
  1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
    In this google search engine forum, i like to show you guys what is different between google and Bing. I will provide a good example that clearly show why bing is getting better and this is what makes their market share increased to over 30% in US search market! While google is suffering with 1-2% drop in year 2015. This is the sample for you! Google & bing for term "US interest rate"

Here is google https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=US+interest+rate
    [​IMG]

As clearly shown with above sample, the google really sucks and provide too little useful information. I have checked on their result list and not really that related. Even the first chart about "Summary of other central banks' interest rates" is not loading, it is an empty chart with no data. Lets look at search result.

Top section is ads from FT.com
    1. tradingeconomics - United state fed fund rate (100% this is related)
    2. ig.ft.com - Isn't this same with the above advertiser? ok, people who pay is getting top rank? I don't want see 2 listing from same URL.
    3. News from business times UK. (ok good)
    Later follow by things that not really readable...

How higher interest rates will affect you in 2016
    CBS News‎ - 18 hours ago
    Does The National Debt Supercycle Override The Normal U.S. Interest Rate Cycle? :: The Market Oracle :: Financial ...
    The Market Oracle‎ - 15 hours ago
    More news for us interest rate

And here is Bing http://www.bing.com/search?q=US+int...=-1&sk=&cvid=0009D35A36DD4A79A387A80931CAEC1F
    [​IMG]

When take a look at Bing, its shocking how good that is. No ads on top section, the chart is 100% relevant, and it shows me US interest rate for pass 50 years. Great! Right section is more about US, wiki, facts, point of interest, presidents etc. When checking the search result, i see:

1. tradingeconomics.com (similar with google result)
    2. treasury.gov - Interest rate statistic (100% like it)
    3. bloomberg.com - US consumer interest rate (i want to know this)
    4. Latest/top 3 news, well design, with image on left, title on right, and source URL.
    5. Following results are good too, there is worldbank.org, marketwatch.com, wikipedia, bankrate, us.deposits.org and many more which will attract my attention.

My final conclusion:

People love google cause it was fast and showing lots of result. That is not what i get right now. And Bing is now super fast, and showing wonderful result.

Now you see why people start moving away and switch to Bing.com?

I recommend http://www.bing.com/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    charlesgan, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  2. redesignunit@gmail.com

redesignunit@gmail.com Banned

Best Answers:
    but still m with google because according to various service provide google still accurate and top search engine.

redesignunit@gmail.com, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  3. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to see Google get knocked off their perch, but unfortunately it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Yeah, there search results really have gone downhill in the last 5 years, but the vast majority of Internet users will still continue using them.

ManBearPig, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  4. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing works better for any market quality than competition.

angrypig, Jan 1, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And there I was thinking you new Bing was about to roll out something special. There is nothing to actually "get ready for", is there?

The enormous challenge that Bing have is changing the culture of users. 15 years ago we'd have thought someone was odd for saying "I'll google that when I get home" but now it seems so normal. "I'll bing that when I get home" sounds odd and slightly risque but potentially with time we'll get used to it. Bing's big challenge is getting users to think of them first and to forget about google altogether. That'll be tricky when you get more users like my family rejecting the Microsoft Office suite and opting instead for Google Drive.

As for the example you give - I'm in NZ so I get different results based on geography and my personal search history but the results are remarkably similar with the #1 listing being the same. Google however gave me a summary of interest rates which is a nice little added extra.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sarahk, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  6. WP.Guide

WP.Guide Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google still sits in the lead for now, I see about 5% of revenue come from DuckDuckGo though, so here's hoping :p

WP.Guide, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a heavy internet search user. I stopped using Google in 2004 in favor of Yahoo because Yahoo produced far superior and less spammy results. For the past 2 years or so, Yahoo no longer produces its own search results because the current CEO pretty much destroyed the company and hollowed it out so it is nothing more than an internet portal. Yahoo's results were provided by Bing/Microsoft and I still found them to be superior to Google with the exception of people searches.

Google provided a "summary" it took from global-rates.com which I would hardly call an authority on interest rates, certainly not like treasury.gov which ranks #2 in Bing but not on Google. By the way, the results here in the United States for your search term "us interest rates" is different.

Although I would have to say that neither one produces stellar, authoritative results. But that is partly because "us interest rates" is far, far too vague of a search term. What interest rates are being sought? The Federal Funds rate (I would assume this to be it)? Prime interest rate? Treasury bond rates? Home mortgage rates? Credit card rates? Automobile loan rates? Certificate of Deposit rates?

Interestingly, if you search for "u.s. interest rates" with the dots, both Bing and Google return the same first result, indicating that site is heavily optimized for or spammed for the search term with the dots:

tradingeconomics.com/united-states/interest-rate

And Firefox had Google as the default search engine because Google paid them. Now that Firefox has Yahoo as its default, most Firefox users are using Yahoo.

Searching Google and Bing for "php", Google's first result is the PHP Wikipedia page and the second result is the official PHP website. Bing has the official PHP website first and the PHP Wikipedia page second. Bing wins. Although, Bing has one result that is not related to the PHP scripting language but to Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana (PHPNI). Bing does offer this interesting result on its first page:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/PHP_Programming

I will have to check out that open source place of learning. It does not look like too much yet, but it could be a treasure trove of free learning one day.

billzo, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  8. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you mean. Yes - Google provides source of income, it has Google Earth, it gave Android, it is making cars..... lots of services.

But as the OP mentions - genuine search results are what people want - we want genuine quality information when we use a search engine and from that point of view (as perhaps OP intended that too!) - Google will loose out to Bing in no time. Google lost its BASICS which made it that it has. It has done too many things that it can handle without keeping its basics right.
    On the other hand Bing is the only real search engine now- for that matter!
    Go Bing..Go...
    Nobody likes MONOPOLISTIC attitude or situation that has long been done by Google.

I would go so far as to suggest Bing authorities to devise some strategies so that it can have some kind of revenue share options with webmaster to give Google a run for its money.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    jhnrang, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  9. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck BING!

Webcenter, Jan 3, 2016 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's good to see open support, so often people are anti-Microsoft purely because they're a large corporate.

sarahk, Jan 3, 2016 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  11. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    microsoft move in recent years are getting more customer friendly, and take the free windows 10 upgrade for beginning of a new chapter. Previously it cost $100 of dollars for upgrade and now, as a customer i am getting it for free. Same goes to the Bing, they even have their own reward program, the more you use, the more you earn, how nice is that. Just an extra touch that benefiting the general public interest.

charlesgan, Jan 3, 2016 IP
    Webcenter likes this.
  12. Dutch harry

Dutch harry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To bad that Win10 is a piece of crap though

Dutch harry, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  13. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to me, windows7 is slower, and i get free upgrade to windows10 and faster, that is a big thanks!

charlesgan, Jan 5, 2016 IP
  14. pqc-service

pqc-service Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Point taken. And I agreed with charlesgan that some of the requests Bing is better than Google. But popularity Google account for habit of use a lot of people. I think that`s the point.

pqc-service, Jan 5, 2016 IP
  15. Aalia Rehan

Aalia Rehan Peon

Best Answers:
    Goodwill Goodwill Goodwill ! ! !
    Google is earning just because of its Established reputation in Global Market, as even I found best SERP on bing and yahoo sometimes as compared to Google.

Aalia Rehan, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When you say "even I" it means that you didn't think you'd find good SERPS on bing and yahoo. Is there a reason why you expected to be treated differently?

sarahk, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  17. Aalia Rehan

Aalia Rehan Peon

Best Answers:
    No No, I think . . absolutely.
    Talking about "treated differently", dear what 'll be your ans if I ask you about your name' you are using your surname first letter at start. Is this for looking/to be treated differently here ?:confused::confused:

Aalia Rehan, Jan 12, 2016 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I have the same username on most forums - but I don't see how my username has any bearing on my question about why "even you found good info on Bing"

sarahk, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  19. info

info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing will overtake google in 7-8 years as they provide more accurate results

info, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  20. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe if they do something about the ugly look and feel, though I still doubt it. Bing doesn't really offer anything new to customers that Google doesn't already provide...the more accurate results(questionable) might be just a byproduct of affiliates not spamming every niche.

Karri, Jan 25, 2016 IP