1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to start a free blog - where i can start ? (Free domain)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Mayperweb, Dec 28, 2015.

Hello friends,

Well I am new in this field so i wan to start a blog but free..

free domain and free hosting..

Where i can strart ?

Mayperweb, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have a look at wordpress.com or blogger.com

kb24, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  3. Omee

Omee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many platforms to start with like Blogger (from google) or WordPress. But sure buying a hosting and domain is what i would recommend for something dynamic. And if you want advertisement on your blog very soon and conviniently Blogger is what i would recommend as you can get advertisements there easily from google

Omee, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  4. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Free blog are usually associated with spam and low quality website content.
    And if you are looking for one, there is wordpress, blogspot, blogger, weebly to consider. Stick to the google product if you looking for SEO advantage.

charlesgan, Dec 29, 2015 IP
    bxuser likes this.
  5. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting one at Wordpress.com would be a good choice for starting out since you are new AND wanting free hosting and domain. However, just like the other free platforms, you will actually get a sub-domain and not an actual domain itself. You would get something like: EXAMPLE.wordpress.com, a sub-domain.

Most of these platforms have an option to buy a domain name, but if you were going to buy a domain name then it would be best to just get a cheap hosting service that offers a free domain. If you do decide to go this way, make sure you don't use a hosting company owned by EIG if you value your sanity. Do a Google search for "a complete EIG hosting list" to see which hosting companies EIG owns. This isn't my site, but I found it after EIG had their information removed from wikipedia because it was hurting sales.

If you want to be taken more serious then paid is the way to go. You can get hosting and a free actual domain of your choice from GoDaddy for about $12 for a year. This way would give you more choices and freedoms.

Good Luck with whatever choice you make.

ulterios, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  6. speakaction

speakaction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blogger and worpress is free domain and hosting

speakaction, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  7. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogger and Wordpress are free SUB-DOMAIN hosting; you won't receive a free domain name, but a sub-domain under their domain name to host your blog; which is installed "on the fly" and ready to start blogging, with ability to customize it.

Even though, avoid WordPress for free blog hosting because they may delete your blog for no reason at all, and you are not allowed to monetize from it, unless you pay for the hosting, which is usually expensive if compared with other services offering more resources.

WordPress is however a good blogging option, but it's better you setup a WordPress blog under a free hosting service like FreeHostia, which is free and allows you to install WordPress with a single click from inside its hosting control panel; this way you can have absolute control over your content, your custom settings, and you can also make money from it this way.

Otherwise go with blogger: be aware that many people recommend this to make money from Adsense. However if you don't have already an AdSense account, to add your code, Blogger won't give you any until you have written for at least 6 months to prove you blog has enough, quality content that matches Google guidelines.

Nonetheless the main advantage of Blogger is that Google will always index your blog, what it's good from an SEO approach.

Mystique, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  8. dasklney

dasklney Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get your free domain with freenom.com, then point it to Blogger blog.

dasklney, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  9. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    .tk is a free domain extension, as well as .free, .co.nr, .co.cc, .tf, .vu, .tp, .uni.me, me.pn, biz.nf, and com.nu.

jasontn, Dec 3, 2016 IP
  10. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can go for Google blogger, if interested in free hosting. Otherwise, wordpress.org is good choice that offers tons of customization options and you will get hundreds of themes, plugins that make your blogging more comfortable. Best wishes.

Manoj_Online, Dec 17, 2016 IP