1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Ape is Homo Sapiens, not that chimp that you see in the Zoo mate. The chimp is our first cousin, but we do not ''evolve'', I mean mutated from him!

2. The first monkeys was walk on earth before 6-7 million years ago and the Homo Sapiens appear in the last 55 000 years ago. That's are the newest facts in the science. No one knows where He first show up and why the other apes like Homo Erectus, Neanderthals etc. are now dead.

3. Missing link? Dude, there wasn't a missing link, as you can see from the research that Charles Darwin did, he only find the similarities between humans and monkeys(chimps).

Let me ask you something... What is the the most unique thing that we Humans have and no one other being on this planet has it? Hm? :)

mentat47, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  2. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Ape isn't Homo Sapiens. Where did you get that? If you can't understand 2 scientific books, you aren't in a position to have this conversation.

2. "Other apes" are now dead for a similar reason dinosaurs are dead now. Make a few drastic environmental changes again and humans will be one of the first extinct species. You don't get it, trust me.

3. Why don't you check your previous questions? You are the one that's talking about the missing link and you are wrong. You don't get this as well, trust me.

And for the final question: Capabilities of the brain. That's why we are the dominant species. If you thought my answer will be something like "soul", you were very wrong. It's a fact that reading just 1 book is easier than reading 100 books. More logical explanation would be that aliens planted us here so they will hunt us down like in the Alien vs. Predator movies.

Human brains = one of the most complex systems in the world.

MQSS, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  3. UrukHai

UrukHai Active Member

Best Answers:
    If we come from apes, can someone tell me where the hell is ozzy osbourne coming from?

UrukHai, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  4. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is definitely one of my favorite topics for discussion! :)

There are a lots of opinions and answers behind the name God, but what is the real one? How we should know in what we believe if we never experience that, hm? Let me tell you what is right and what is wrong about this, because when we speak about God, there is no relativity, there is only right and wrong.

If God create us in His image, then we don't have to ask the others or should we imagine how He look. It is logical, if He create us in His image, then He definitely looks like us!
    The Bible is the first and the oldest book that is ever written since the humanity was developed for the first time. If you are not sure about the evidences and facts, then I encourage you to look in the ancient Sumerian nation.
    What is the meaning of the name Christ, or Christians? Christ=Light, Christians=The enlightened ones (logically).

P.S. The first thing before you start to believe in God is to start to believe in yourself. Tell me, how you would be able to believe in the others or something above and beyond you if you don't believe in yourself?

Priki, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  5. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. If God created us in His image... Does God have a flu, cancer, HIV, zits, diarrhea, mental issues, or a morning boner when he wakes up?

2. "The first thing before you start to believe in God is to start to believe in yourself". I believe it's the other way around. The first thing that will get you away from religion is to start believing in yourself.

3. If Bible is the proof that God exist, then a marvel comic is a proof that Spiderman exist.

4. Do you have children? Will you thank God if your children are healthy? Why will you thank him? Did God make them healthy? What about if they won't be healthy? Will you thank God as well?

MQSS, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  6. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Here, I will give the best example for you question: If your kids have flu, cancer, HIV, zits, diarrhea, mental issues, or a morning boner - (God forbid), who is responsible for that? You like father, or you kids because they never try to listen when you teach them about what is right and what is wrong?

2. There is difference between religion and spirituality. If you think that the pope should tell you what to do in church or how to live your life, then be sure that you should read the Bible...

3. Spiderman is something that you can imagine, and humans powers is something that you have to discover.

4. Mate, you definitely should read the acts of Apostles if you want to understand the meaning of happy family! ;)

Priki, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  7. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Believing in God can NEVER be proven by science or logic. I petty those who try to do so just to justify their beliefs. Religion is all about Faith. You believe in God because you believe in his message, not because he can be scientifically proven.

All required information is there for people for all religion, I think the OP intentions was good but such threads will lead to nothing but arguments and I yet to see a reply "Oh yeah you are right, God does exist thanks for the enlightenment" or "Thanks for opening my eyes, I used to believe in God and not I don't".

You can believe in anything you want, as long as it doesn't take rights from others.

Barti1987, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  8. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are talking like you read the The Bible, Quran and Mahabharata... Tell me, did you do that or your trying to give us your opinion based on some pale knowledge?

Let me remind about 2 quotes:

''The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.''
    Nikola Tesla

''Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.''
    Albert Einstein

Priki, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  9. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes to the Quran, read it in it's entirety, multiple times. However, the Mahabharata I have not read. As for the Bible, it depends what Bible are you talking about? I did read much of Christian Bibles and skimmed through a couple of Hebrew Bibles on specific classes I took.

Barti1987, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  10. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    About the original version of the Bible, later... Now let me ask you something. Did you complete read the Old and the New Testament?

Priki, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  11. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    God has left this earth thousands of years ago according to research published on Discovery channel and people visiting temple in South Asia are engraving themselves into light with eyes of criminals who had churned there close brothers with fast in name of some Hindu gods and made tall building on empty land where Pigs use to live once.

jaguar34, Mar 2, 2016 IP
  12. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    God is everything,
    Everything is God.
    We all see God differently unless we are atheists.
    I believe that one has to feel God's presence, that's how you connect with the Divinity.
    Religion and Politics are pretty much the same shit. Both are human made tools to manipulate the masses. Religion has nothing to do with GOD.

evelinawilliams007, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  13. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Feel God's presence to connect with the Divinity?

Mkcoy, Apr 18, 2016 IP
    evelinawilliams007 likes this.
  14. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yep. I just didn't want to repeat the same word.

You have to feel God to be able to connect with Him. That's the only way you know that God is not an entity, God is something that words cannot describe. God is love, Good is good, God is everything that connects living things on this planet. I do believe in the evolution theory, however even considering the evolution theory we're still a miracle that hasn't been explained to this day, right?

evelinawilliams007, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  15. 24Hours

24Hours Member

Best Answers:
    So far, unfortunately, all of the arguments I've ever heard for the existence of God are either embarrassingly weak or dependent upon personal feelings. Once you start examining the arguments for more specific claims, such as there is only one God versus many, or the nature of God is inherently good, or that there was no beginning to God - it just always was, and finally, that one particular religion has the accurate scoop ... you start realizing that maybe it's time to call BS. I'm not saying you should call BS, I'm just saying that it may be time to.

24Hours, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  16. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I arise again from the sleep of ages in the depths of the tombs of the mighty machine. I look upon yonder thread begot some seven years past, seven years since it graced this forum with its smear. Seven years of constant arguing, anger, division, and I look back upon all of it and despair. This is a micro-event upon a forum visited by different cultures and civilizations and in seven years no progress has been made.

Progress will never be made in groups so diverse in ideologies. Idealism is dead. Cynicism is salvation. Pray to the half empty cup. Retreat to your tribes. Scorn society. Gott ist tot.

Gott ist tot.

Jackuul, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  17. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that made in Gods image means spiritually right ?
    If you understand the bible then you should understand that much

pingpong123, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  18. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As long as there is a division in religions, so too will there be controversy, as light is to dark, one needs the other to exist.

scylla, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  19. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    A scientist from USA involved in space research has termed Google as the God of 21st Century as you ask the search engine things and it gives information on almost any questions a human has.

degreubiwa, Jan 29, 2017 IP
  20. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Bible provides evidence that God exists. I'm convinced that there is a creator.

partnerdig, Jan 29, 2017 IP