1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am suffering from severe insomnia and heavy irregular pattern of sleep

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by iamalive, Dec 21, 2015.

I can hardly sleep
    It takes hours sometimes I am so tired I cant barely function but I still cant sleep
    I tried delta music,hot milk, excercise and a ton of other stuff, yes, even counting sheep..
    My local Doc does not wanna give me sleeping tablets even though my eyes are black. He is adamant he has not prescribed sleeping meds in 15 years and will not start now, so he says.

I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes in the middle of the day
    sometimes I sleep for 3-4 hours sometimes for 12
    there is litterally no pattern

I have lived like this all my younger life but its becoming worse as I get a bit older now (nearing 30)

I am getting depressed from the constant out of sync with the world
    Sometimes I have no idea where I am when I wake up I just get to work and do my IM stuff without thinking untill I drop to sleep literally as its like a fix to get to sleep

iamalive, Dec 21, 2015 IP
    wco and Priki like this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Well, maybe it's time to ask for a second opinion. I don't know who your doctor is, but it seems like his advice is not all that professional. There are safe ways of inducing sleep / drowsiness without getting someone addicted to hard core sleeping meds. Something like Melatonin may work wonders for you.

qwikad.com, Dec 21, 2015 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'd suggest you either try melatonin or marijuana.

dcristo, Dec 21, 2015 IP
    iamalive and jrbiz like this.
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am the same way. My sleep cycle does not correspond to a 24-hour day. So it moves forward. Whatever time I fall asleep one night, it will be one or two hours later the next night. I would suggest you look for another doctor. Insomnia is real medical problem that your doctor does not seem to realize, which is unfortunate for you and all his or her patients. I used trazadone in the past for sleep and it works good. Two doctors who have prescribed it to me for sleep have said "it is the best there is". It is not habit forming and it will make you sleep.

billzo, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  5. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will see about melatonin..
    If anyone has other ideas please let me know

iamalive, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I can only echo @dcristo in that I have seen melatonin work wonders for a family member.

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd be looking at a few more things before hitting the medication - although in short spurts they can be useful, you just don't want to get reliant. Now, I know nothing about you, or your lifestyle so this list is broad and some things you might already be doing
    • LCHF diet, if you're on a carb high all the time your blood sugars are probably messing with you
    • exercise is good, but you want to be doing it in the morning, HIIT is good. Can you bike to work instead of driving, taking public transport?
    • slow time is important too, walking, yoga etc. Our bodies spend a lot of time hyped - rushing to meet deadlines, fighting traffic, interpersonal discord - you need some time to slow the pace down. Sitting and watching the idiot box doesn't count.
    • ensure there are no electronics in your bedroom - no tv, no phones, no tablets. Need entertainment? go old school and read a book
    • be in bed and ready to turn off the light by 10pm - not enough time to get stuff done? do it in the morning. Whatever is on TV isn't as important as your health. Record it if you have to.
    • get laid by someone you care about
    • go alcohol-free, tobacco-free, energy drink free and definitely drug free. Might be tough for a couple of days, but you'll be better off for it. Cut back on coffee.

sarahk, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and iamalive like this.
  8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ^ C'mon does it really matter if you care about them? If the sex is good you will feel buggered and you will get good sleep :p

Melatonin is a natural hormone made by your body. It works and is unlike other sleeping meds that will knock you out and make you feel drowsy the next day.

dcristo, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Oh, yeah, I forgot he's a guy :)

sarahk, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you care about them, it makes it so much harder when the sex dries up. You have to be smart about it. And lol at your double standards :p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    dcristo, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  11. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice to you will be: Start to practice meditations immediately! Believe me, it gonna solve all of your mental problems... :)

Priki, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We're curing insomnia here, not looking at relationship woes!
    And, it seems that guys have much fewer issues around sex for the sake of it than women. My single girlfriends seem to lose sleep over the issue rather than gain it.

sarahk, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  13. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should better suggest him to make peace with his conscience; that's the root of his insomnia problem with so many ghosts chasing him for past actions....

Or at least is what gossip sources are privately spreading on this forum and everywhere else, no my opinion really :rolleyes:

Mystique, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Really? @gregevskye honey, what have you been up to?

sarahk, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  15. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No idea Sarah :D this guy is a looney who has been chasing me over the forums after I declined him some work here.

Excuse me? Man you do hold a grudge. Just because I called you out here and refused to work with you (link)? -
    Private sources my ass, more like your tin foil hat.

I am trying to get some suggestions for my sleeping problems here so if you do not mind you can go and make a thread for yourself voicing your "private gossip" but posting here is quite distasteful.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    iamalive, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  16. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    C'mon guys it's xmas.

dcristo, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  17. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Play the hymns songs on YouTube in whatever you are doing. I recommend these these hymn songs.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Zirkon Kalti, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  18. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ^ Jesus songs? Lol

Sometimes I listen to podcasts before falling asleep.

dcristo, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    sarahk and iamalive like this.
  19. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should take a holiday.

seo_buzz, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  20. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it is strange that your doctor wont even prescribe you a mild sleeping pill. When I was pregnant with my second child, I worked full time, went to school full time, had a active 3 year old, and things to take care of around the house. Yes, after all of that I was tired but still could not sleep due to a very active child inside of me. lol. My doctor prescribed me sleeping pills to take once in a while in order to be able to function the next day. I would try your doctor again, explain the situation throughly, or see a different doctor.

Also when my kids both started school, they would not go to bed at a reasonable hour and get up and be ready for school. Their doctor and many other people said to give them some melatonin 30 mins before bedtime in order to help settle them down and fall asleep easier. It surely worked for them and they no longer take it and are on a pretty regular pattern now.
    You said here that you would look into it. How has it worked for you so far? or once you do try it tell me how/if it worked for you.

Currently my fiancee and I are on some crazy sleep cycles. The last few days we have been going to bed at 6am and waking up between 2pm-5pm. We have had this happen before and we usually just try to circle around our sleep until it is back to "normal" hours. Some of these times there is a lot of beer and other things to help this process out.

Well good luck to you and I hope you can figure out a solution to your sleep issues,and get some real sleep and enter the "normal" world again.

KatnissEverdeen, Dec 23, 2015 IP