1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone ever use Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lordweiner, Nov 26, 2011.

Why did you use it? What were your experiences of it? Do you still have Bitcoin? Did you make money?

Just curious, thanks.

(For those who don't know Bitcoin is a virtual currency.)

lordweiner, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin is technically a very cool thing, at least as far as using it for online transactions. But in reality, I couldn't be bothered.
    Bitcoin peaked at USD 30+ish right? And is currently about $2?
    As far as mining Bitcoins, I didn't like the mining difficulty curve, or whatever they call it.
    If I'm going to spend time, energy, and money mining something... I'd rather look for physical gold.

Kerosene, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  3. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use it... and also haven't heard about it

alodia, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  4. adison.chilton

adison.chilton Peon

Best Answers:
    i have no knowledge about this..

adison.chilton, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  5. samusbox

samusbox Peon

Best Answers:
    me no knowledge

samusbox, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  6. Larry S:)

Larry S:) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin has gained a lot of traction since Nov 2011. Has peaked at $266 in spring 2013, and has since levelled out at the current price of $105 .

It is getting easier and easier to acquire and spend Bitcoin as well. More and more businesses are accepting BTC in payment.

I have made some money mining BTC, as I started mining over year ago when exchange was $5.

Is there more money to be made with BTC? I think we have only seen the beginning to how far BTC will rise in value

For a investment opportunity in Bitcoin mining check this out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259660.msg2770358

Always do you due dilligence

Larry S:), Jul 31, 2013 IP
  7. gotsit

gotsit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just had a look , looks good but i still cant decide if just buying bitcoins is a better option

gotsit, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin stocks is a very risky gamble ;)
    Also you didn't link to a stock, here are the securities.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=78.0

Brandon Sheley, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  9. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bitcoins are gaining popularity. There are many businesses that accept them as payment. Bitcoin Gambling is also on the rise. Last I looked they are up to $475 or so USD.
    I have purchased Bitcoins, purchased and sold products with them, and still have some and still use them. Yes, the value of BTC is fluctuating but over all I have increased my money.
    As for BTC mining, I do not recommend it. It has became increasingly harder and not worth the time in my opinion.
    If you are interested in BTC or BTC gambling you can check out a raffle site in my signature link. Thanks. Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

KatnissEverdeen, Dec 17, 2015 IP
  10. Mike Park

Mike Park Member

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin is SO risky!
    I think of it as another shiny object and I will never buy it.
    The people who buy it do it for pure profit and speculation and I don't like it. People usually don't use it for the currency, but just to sell it a few weeks later when the price goes up to make money

And just so you know, Bitcoin only exists virtually and theres no insurance. so if the Bitcoin server shuts down or gets hacked, you lose all your money!
    don't buy bitcoin!

Mike Park, Dec 18, 2015 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah? why do banks now are trying to study and wanted to have their own blockchain technology? they are now trying to have their own crypto just like btc.

etc, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  12. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    no i haven't used bitcoin. But as i saw it has a great rise in price, so it can be a great thing to invest in. I want to invest in it but i don't know what is better, do i invest my time into earning some bitcoins or invest my money and buy some bitcoins. For the first thing, i haven't found a great way to make bitcoins yet. All of the possible ways to make bitcoins are to slow and you can make one bitcoin maybe in a year. I think that there are freelancing sites where you can earn bitcoins but all the employers are looking for programming staff, and i don't know anything about it. For the second thing you have to know when yo buy, because if the price drops after you buy some bitcoins you will lose money. Also, you can't use your bitcoins to buy many things, there are only few sites where you can buy with bitcoins, for me a bitcoin can be a good alternative for investing if the prices rises.

bojan92, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  13. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    affilliate marketing through bitcoin is still an uncharttered territory. ways to earn it ïs almost like earning usd on paypay , try the marketplace of bitcoin forum.

etc, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  14. virtualwebmarket

virtualwebmarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    PM if you want to learn more about options to make revenue with bitcoin marketing

virtualwebmarket, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, it's a digital currency not cash. (gold etc.) Transactions are verified by network nodes and are secured in a ledger.
    The problem is that users are not protected by refund rights. And the crypto currency doesn't appear to have much momentum or acceptance with the retail sector.
    Criminals are constantly inventing ways to access and manipulate the Bitcoins. I strongly advise against getting into this.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  16. linajoe305

linajoe305 Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope don't use bitcoin anymore. Basically don't know much about bitcoin.

linajoe305, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  17. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is if you use the web wallets like blockchain wallets. there are offline wallets like electrum, multibit and etc that even without internet you can do transaction with bitcoin. your btc isn't on their server.

etc, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  18. cfulcanelli

cfulcanelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Never used it myself, but can anybody tell me is bitcoinusage popular? I always looked at it like a "failed experiment", I didn't even know people were still using it.

cfulcanelli, Feb 18, 2016 IP