1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why It Is Hard to Get indexed in Google??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by naveenjosh, Nov 27, 2015.

Hi Friends,

One of my client's website have more than 44 lakhs webpages in which only 3.5 lakhs web-pages are indexed in google. I tried to submit 660 category based site but still index pages are increasing very slowly. Can any one suggest me how do i can get maximum pages index in google in small time span.

I need to get index maximum pages very soon.

Regards
    Naveen

naveenjosh, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What in blazes is a lakh?

Without seeing the pages it's hard to say what's "wrong" -- but as new pages it just takes time. Longer a domain has been up, the more "trust" it builds.

There ARE things that could slow the process like a lack of organic linking or just plain crappy content... The things to check for is that all your pages are linked to properly, that you are NOT dicking around with the stupid "nofollow" rubbish (don't use that until you REALLY know what you are doing), that you have well written content of value, and that the page is built properly with semantic markup that meets accessibility norms.

Further, organic backlinks are "the man" even with pagerank being devalued. That's not just about driving traffic through google, but traffic from everywhere. Even nofollow links on forums or social media can drive traffic... and quite often that traffic WILL get you noticed.

Which plays to the most important advice we've ever been given on the subject of SEO. When Matt Cutts told us "write for the user, not the search engine" he smacked a brad with a five pound lump hammer.

MOST of the "tricks" are bull, anyone who says they can make a page rank or index "faster" apart from doing the things above are packing you full of more manure than Biff Tannen's '48 Ford Super De Luxe! See 99.99% of the dirtbags who have turned SEO from a small but important part of site development into a cottage industry filled with sleazeball scam artists who waste time talking out their ass.

That said, there ARE some things that can really cock-block you on rankings.

For example Google is penalizing slow loading pages now. If the page is two megabytes in four dozen or more files to deliver 5k of plaintext and a dozen content images, and you aren't playing the stupid games with CDN's and cache-control headings to try and bullshit pagespeed into THINKING the page is fast (when it still isn't), that WILL get you slapped down. There's a reason I practice file-count and page-size limits on "normal" pages... typically setting the upper limit on one of my pages for HTML+CSS+Scripting to 72k in 6 files not counting content text or images.

... a limit that most of today's "designers" and scripttards exceed before they've even written any of their own code in framework asshattery ALONE.

... and yes, I'm making air quotes with my fingers like a second rate Doctor Evil there. Most people calling themselves "web designers" right now don't know enough about HTML, CSS, emissive colourspace or accessibility to be designing but two things, and Jack left town.

Some search engines remain JavaScript challenged and whilst Google TRIES to be JS friendly it still drops the ball a LOT. Things like serving ALL your content via AJAX for example is one of the fastest ways to be sure that not only does Google not see your content, neither can a lot of potential users. Hence that pesky unwritten rule of JavaScript: "If you can't make a fully working website without scripting FIRST, you likely have no damned business adding JavaScript to it!"

Likewise doing stupid things like using images for text, having illogical/gibberish heading orders or no actual numbered headings, paragraphs around elements that are not grammatical paragraphs or lacking paragraphs around actual paragraphs -- these can all get you slapped down. Outdated SEO methodology like keyword stuffing, having overstuffed/irrelevant meta, or "paid backlinks" from known spam whorehouses can also get you pimp slapped to the curb by Google.

Which is again why a lot of the SEO hoodoo-voodoo is at best a placebo, at worst scam artist nube predating bull.

Again, why seeing even just one of the pages I could probably toss together a laundry list of follies and foibles that may have snarled the likelyhood of ranking well on relevant topics.

deathshadow, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  3. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The quickest way to get indexed by google is with Facebook fan pages with links to your site. The site itself may take a while but at least your Facebook page will be indexed as long as your keywords are correct.

ceenote100, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It easy to get indexed in Google! What are you doing taking on clients of you can not get them indexed?

Agent000, Nov 27, 2015 IP
    mmerlinn, rsrikanth05 and sarahk like this.
  5. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope.

The quickest thing is to keep multiple sitemaps. Have a sitemap index for this and submit the index to Google.
    I don't have a Facebook page or a Twitter page. All pages get indexed within 2 hours of coming out.

rsrikanth05, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  6. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    Exactly.
    This week, I finished work on a client website with close to 1.6 lakh [160 thousand] pages out of which 1.2lakh got indexed in 4 days. The remaining 40k pages have all been crawled atleast once, and are in various stages of being indexed.

7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @rsrikanth05 -- sitemaps? BWHAHAAA... oh man, you slay me.

Seriously, what is this 2003? Not only redundant to the site's normal spidering, but mostly ignored too!

I VERY much doubt the "two hours" claim... in fact, that reeks of such ignorant nonsense I can't even fathom how you could say something that silly.

deathshadow, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemaps? Why do you need sitemaps?

All I do is to provide CONTENT - CONTENT - CONTENT and a robots meta tag on every page (Yeah, I know it is not always needed, but I do it anyhow). Occasionally, I have seen my pages indexed in 10 minutes, though a few hours sometimes extending to days is more common.

Broken links are not good, so make sure all of your links go to another webpage. If you confuse the robot, he will leave for better pickings.

mmerlinn, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  9. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    Keep doubting as much as you want. Given your past retorts at everyone who doesn't agree with you, I don't really care believe it or not. But yes, Google picks up new content in 2-3 hours, at the most 6 hours. What matters is that it works.
    As for sitemaps, yes it VERY much matters when you have more than 50k pages to be indexed.
    That's how we work and it has worked for us in the past.

It's a good thing I have you on my ignore list.

10. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    For us sitemaps have ALWAYS worked. Meta indexing also exists because the CMS puts it in.
    As for linking, yes, each page links to the other. There is a chain of links ever present, linking pages based on categories and tags.
    We thought of everything when we worked on this because it is a large database of companies in the country and their public financials.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  11. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    The problem with sitemaps is they must be updated EVERY time a page is added or deleted. That is too much work with no rewards. Robots meta tag gets done ONCE per page and then it can be ignored no matter how many changes are subsequently made.

12. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    In our case the pages remain static. Only content on them changes.
    We have multiple sitemaps for each set of pages with an index of them. As and when new pages are created, they get posted onto a new sitemap which is linked to the index.

13. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    So you add sitemaps every day.

14. rsrikanth05

Best Answers:
    No. New pages are added once in six months.
    Pages are not removed.

15. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    google crawl only pages where he can rich.

seoaceindia, Nov 30, 2015 IP