1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Wordpress users that are eBay Affiliates also - for plugin beta

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by GTech, Dec 14, 2006.

I've been working, off and on, for the past few months on an eBay script. The original script is pretty much complete, including a well documented help file, but I need to do some final "packaging" things with it. It's designed for any php driven site, to display eBay auctions via <php> code. This particular one will be a commercial product.

I started thinking about how I could offer a scaled down version of this, and subsequently a standard version and a lite version (lite version being free) as a Wordpress plugin.

I have the Wordpress version of the *lite* version done. It does not pull in javascript, as is so typical. It pulls in auction listings via RSS and parses them into normal content.

Basically, when writing a post where you'd like to include some eBay listings relevent to your topic, you would use:

[phpbay]apple ipod, 10[/phpbay]

Code (markup):
    wherever you want your listings displayed. It can display from 1 - 100 listings related to the keyword. The syntax above is [keyword phrase, number to list].

The Wordpress plugin is one file. You will need an eBay PID (not username) from either Commission Junction or Mediaplex. You'll enter this into the plugin setting, and enter whether it's CJ or MP, then upload the plugin and activate it. Then you can use the code above to insert ebay product listings into your Wordpress blog posts.

If you have both a Wordpress blog and an eBay PID (or are willing to signup for one at either CJ or MP), and are interested in doing some beta testing, please post here and I'll send you the details.

GTech, Dec 14, 2006 IP
    Jat, latehorn, Indian and 3 others like this.
  2. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    I have both and would be interested.

mhdoc, Dec 14, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  3. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    I need to get the pid, but im intrested.

MarRome, Dec 14, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your interest. I'm touching up some preg_replace code right now and should have available for download later tonight.

GTech, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  5. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting idea - definately interested although I wasn't planning an Ebay integrated project at the moment - I'll have to put something togather to put it on, but that shouldn't be a problem.

i'd like to try it out

Epica, Dec 14, 2006 IP
    GTech and redhits like this.
  6. GTech

Best Answers:
    Thanks AzAkers, I've added you to the list. I think you'll find it a really interesting and very simple plugin to use!

GTech, Dec 14, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  7. GTech

Best Answers:
    I've sent PMs to everyone that requested with download information. Still looking for more testers if interested.

GTech, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  8. lp43

lp43 Peon

Best Answers:
    This looks very similar to what I have been looking for I would love to help you test it out

lp43, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  9. opioq

opioq Banned

Best Answers:
    id love to try out this script. i have a blog it would be nice to have on

opioq, Dec 24, 2006 IP
  10. pilky

pilky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Would be interested in testing this out on a few blogs ~ http://blogmedo.com springs to mind as I use ebay on there already.

Thanks - pilks

pilky, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  11. craiger22

craiger22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very interested, i have both

craiger22, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  12. free articles

free articles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very interested, i have both domain is ebidz.in

free articles, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  13. donkevlar

donkevlar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'd like to try this out..

donkevlar, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  14. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Always wanted something like this...Send it to me please :)

Indian, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  15. GTech

Best Answers:
    Thanks all, for your interest. I've been hesitant to post the url because I'm still working on the design of my new blog and working on merging two sites I have into this one site.

You can download the latest version at:

phpBay Lite - Wordpress Plugin for eBay Auction Listings

Would appreciate any comments. I have some feedback from several so far and is much appreciated. Pilky has made some fine recommendations that I'm considering as well.

GTech, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  16. lp43

lp43 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the general idea of this script to add eBay aff links that are keyword targeted to your Wordpress site?

What I am looking to do as an eBay store owner is target my eBay listings on my Wordpress site. If I can do that while linking through my CJ link all the better. I would want mostly my items to show up in the results page on my own page for obvious reasons though.

It's hard to explain this in writing but if you have any suggestions I am open to hearing them. I'm hoping that's what the script is designed for or maybe it can be tweaked a bit for this purpose.

Regards,

lp43, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    Hi lp43,

Yes, with this particular version, the idea is to simply add ebay listings via keyword and the number of listings, via wordpress.

I have a Pro version completed that I plan to market as a php script (not specific to Wordpress, yet) that has many properties exposed including specifying a store owner's id. This script is complete and I have it on my agenda to find a way to make it a Wordpress plugin as well. It could be used in Wordpress, if you were to use a plugin like Exec-PHP. In it's current format though, it's more conducive to setting up an entire store in a very short time. It also masks the affiliate IDs/links, which some suggest google targets.

You could also tweak this lite version to include your ebay username (that you sell with). To do this, you would have to open the script and find the following line:

$this->eb_rss_url = "http://rss.api.ebay.com/ws/rssapi?FeedName=SearchResults&

Code (markup):
    There's actually a series of three lines here to set the parameters. In any of these three lines, you'll want to find one of the '&' characters, then before it, insert:

&sasl=yourEbayUserID

Let's say you do it on the third line of this series, that sets all the parameters. It would look something like:

$this->eb_rss_url .= "&frpp=10&nojspr=y&satitle=" . $this->eb_satitle . "&sacat=-1[B]&sasl=yourEbayUserID[/B]&saslop=1&afmp=&fss=0";

Code (markup):
    Let me know if that gets you along. If not, would be happy to help via PM. What you want to do can be tweaked into this version and I'm happy to help you get it going.

GTech, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  18. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    With many hosts disabling URL file access an alternative version would be helpful.

Indian, Dec 30, 2006 IP
    redhits likes this.
  19. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am also very interested please pm me more

redhits, Dec 30, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  20. Cudbwrse

Cudbwrse Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I'm looking for. I would like the full version, non-Wordpress plugin. Do you have a link for it yet? Does it work exactly like the plugin where you specify keywords?

Cudbwrse, Jan 28, 2007 IP