1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review Glitter Retribution for Conversions

Discussion in 'Design' started by WebDev Solutions, Nov 10, 2015.

Evening folks,

Seeking reviews and feedback for our site, for both design & layout- looking for conversion advice. We are the largest site of our kind in the United Kingdom and conversions are good- but we're always looking to improve. Can you suggest anything we could change?

http://www.glitterretribution.co.uk

All feedback, positive and negative is welcomed.

WebDev Solutions, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  2. Ray Ledzs

Ray Ledzs Member

Best Answers:
    Nice website. But there are few things I think you should improve:
    • When I open site I immediately know it's about glitter because of the bg but I think it's to dark and some potential client's may find it "not so glittery" or colorful
    • Order now btn should be more visible and make contrast with bg so it 'pops out'
    • Below green section share images looks like their doesn't belong there. Try to put there something flat and so both icons are the same shape or style. So just use light blue for twtr and dark blue for fb
    • The order now page is little to simple. I think there should be more images and features (like the green feature section at the home page, but smaller). Buy now btn should be more aggressive in terms of color and I would recommend to use different kind of design for that btn. Also video at order now 2 page should be bigger.
    It's just my opinion and you should not take these tips or suggestions as fact. : )

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Ray Ledzs, Nov 20, 2015 IP
    WebDev Solutions likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LOL. I am guessing but in the US you'd be facing a lawsuit after a lawsuit. You can call it "prank", but if it ruins someone's keyboard or worse someone who suffers from asthma gets that shit inhaled - bye, bye any aspiration for a bright future. Again, I am guessing but some companies here may refuse delivering anything that has "bomb" in its name.

Does this stuff really fly in the UK? I can see how it may work among friends, but to use it as a prank on your former boss you didn't like...? Kinda infantile.

I honestly think that your conversion rate will kind of always be the same simply because that stuff appeals to a really small segment of the population. The goal should be to capture as much of that small segment as possible.

The site overall doesn't strike me as anything super duper. There's a ton of room for improvement. You can really (you should!) make your index page funny, entertaining with some funny prank video playing right off the bat. Although you may leave it to the user to push the play button. I personally do not like when a video starts playing automatically when I visit a site. In some rare cases it may work though.

I can safely assume you current index page's bounce rate is over 60%. If I happened to stumble across your site I wouldn't know what the hell it was all about. Looks like you're selling floor carpets and you're showing 7 different colors to your potential customers on your index page. Also the fact that that main picture is copyrighted by somebody else doesn't do any justice to your business.

The bottom line is you need to re-vamp your index page (and make some minor improvements to the rest of the site, like making the "how it works" video 3x larger or making the height of your potato images proportionate to their width, otherwise they look squashed, etc.) if you want to see a somewhat better conversion rate.

qwikad.com, Nov 25, 2015 IP
    WebDev Solutions likes this.
  4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply, you have given some useful feedback which we'll be implementing which we are grateful for, but just to clarify;

1. This is big business and has had a ton of media coverage, google shipyourenemiesglitter for more information. US, Australian and UK companies do this. We also have a legal team and we are on safe ground. The majority of our orders are for friends/family/gifts - and we won't send anything offensive.

2. We currently handle between 600 and 800 orders on a monthly basis.

3. The people who hit our site have been targeted and are already fully aware of what we do.

With that being said, your comments on the background, the video sizing on our order page is duly noted and we'll be optimising our images. Christmas sales are a pretty big player for us this year so anything else you can think of is very much welcome. Thanks again for your feedback.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    WebDev Solutions, Nov 25, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Illegible colour contrasts, massive over-use of whitespace that reeks of trying to cover up for a lack of content, little if anything resembling graceful degradation and on the whole a laundry list of how not to build a website.

Under the hood it reeks of utter and complete ignorance of HTML, CSS and accessibility, with static scripting and style in the markup, overstuffed keywords with zero content relevance, gibberish use of numbered headings, tags like FONT and attributes like TARGET that have zero business on any website written after 1997 ( a complete joke when it's a 5 document)...

It's just asking to fail.

deathshadow, Dec 12, 2015 IP