1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. neel

neel Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Yaros,
    Thank you for such a detailed post about your journey.I have recently started the drop shipping business.Though as of now I dont have any website of my own..But your story has really inspired me a lot..to create my own website one day..:)

neel, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  2. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Shoutouts Results:

It was my first experience with Instagram shoutouts. I spent $29 on these two posts. They were published on the 11th of November and were live for 48 hours.

I got a good increase of traffic:

[​IMG]

Orders: 7
    Gross revenue: $173,69
    Supplier costs: 89,91
    Net profit: $83,78

$83,78 - $29 (spent on shoutouts) = $54,78.

Besides, I got many likes and followers on my Instagram account.

I think I could earn more if I have credit cards payment option connected to my site, because there were many users who dropped the checkout page.

yaros, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  3. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Regarding FB ads, I also found that video ads on FB work better for me than regular text ads. And it should be noted that's sometimes it is not a great idea to send traffic from your FB video ads directly to your webstore, some landing page needed. I am using following strategy:

1. I write a small article and add it to the blog of my webstore.

Example: http://worldofharry.com/blog/5-items-true-hermione-granger-fans-wouldnt-survive-without/

[​IMG]

2. I create a small video and launch advertising campaign for Facebbok.

3. Users whatch the video, visit the blog post and then go to place orders.

It works!

yaros, Nov 13, 2015 IP
  4. Kozy

Kozy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Yaros! Congratulations on your work and thank you for the effort you've put into telling us your story, answering questions and helping everybody. You also get help from the forums so that's good for you too.

I have one question: When the seller from aliexpress sends you the tracking ID and you pass it to the buyer, how does the buyer checks it without realizing that the product comes directly from Asia? From my experience buying stuff from aliexpress, I had to put the tracking number to a site with Chinese, Korean e.t.c characters, and, in the site it was written that the product is shipped from, or it's located to Singapore(for example). So, how do you do this without making your customer realize that you aren't drop shipping from Asia?

Kozy, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  5. Lebanquer

Lebanquer Peon

Best Answers:
    A paradoxical quandary we all face in retail. The saturation of many markets creates downward pressure on prices. We would think that retail sales would be all but dead in light of that in almost every sector, but that has not happened. So in a sense there are really two economies: The traditional retail economy that sells at retail prices, and the equilibrating global economy which undercuts the same or similar products at every turn. Sometimes the two economies intersect, as in this example, and sometimes they're parallel.

As retailers, our goal is to either offer the same product as low or lower than our most undercutting counterparts, offer incentive to purchase at higher prices as in retail, find retail customers who wouldn't buy from the discount market anyway, or a combination of all three.

Ha, this should be the definition of Catch-22!

Lebanquer, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  6. Lebanquer

Lebanquer Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also interested in your answer to this question; interesting concept you have. Direct supplier backend supplier integration with a retail public-facing storefront. Ingenious. The logistics will be complex, but I'm sure you've got a plan. Do keep us apprised on your progress.

Lebanquer, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  7. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I provide my clients with tracking IDs, but honestly saying, I have not got any such issues so far. I think people do not pay much attention to the country the package was sent from. They just want to get the product they paid for. And they do not care and do not know if I am a dropshipper or not.

yaros, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  8. Shahram_s

Shahram_s Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if the seller send the parcel by official postal services, the customer can get tracking information from their local post website. Although this gives less information than the China post website or 17track , but this is a way to avoid that Chinese info.

My Aliexpress account balance is still 0 by the way , they add the commissions to the accounts on 1st. of every month ?

Shahram_s, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  9. mamo5002000

mamo5002000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WHEN SOMEONE MAKING AN ORDER FROM YOUR SITE, THEN HE WILL RECEIVE HIS ORDER FROM ALIEXPRESS SUPPLIER WITH TAGS AND PRICE OF ALIEXPRESS. RIGHT ?

mamo5002000, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  10. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you screaming?

Matthew Sayle, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  11. mamo5002000

mamo5002000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    YOU ARE RIGHT BRO.
    I'M SORRY FOR THAT, I WAS BUSY THATS ALL

mamo5002000, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You're still screaming

Matthew Sayle, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  13. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are no any signs of AliExpress and prices on packages. However, sometimes sellers from AliExpress include their business cards in the package. Anyway you can always send a comment with your order asking your seller not to include anything. The sellers on AliExpress have a clear idea about a dropshipping business model and will be happy to assist you. You can use following sample text: Dear seller. I work as a dropshipper. Please, do not mention Aliexpress and your return adress and don't place your business card into the package. We look forward to continuing and further developing our cooperation with your store. Thank you!

yaros, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  14. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Good Plan. Good luck for you to get more reach with this. I would suggest you to do some more with filters. And with theme as its worldofharry :)

m.sivarajan, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  15. admindev

admindev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Yaros the theme that you use for worldofharry.com, is it available bundled with AliPlugin?? In the theme demo I don’t see the look and feel of your site. The product grid that you have on your site, is not seen in the demo.
    I saw this video on youtube explaining the installation process of the plugin. But there too no info about the look of the site. There are many wordpress themes that can be used but the theme that you use shows a lot of product in very little space and it looks good :)
    Thanks for the kindness that you have shown by sharing these valuable information cum experience with the world to learn from.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    admindev, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  16. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The point is that for my Harry site I am using another plugin (not AliPlugin), that's why you will not find this theme and necessary functionality for dropshipping business, since AliPlugin is for affiliate purposes only.

yaros, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  17. admindev

admindev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    oh okay.
    what about the hosting? do you use VPS or shared hosting or AWS??
    and is there any chance your theme and plugin will be available for the public to purchase (on codecanyon maybe)??
    also how did you implement the comment section in which the comments are pulled from aliexpress?

thanks in advance.

admindev, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  18. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am using a dedicated server.

Yes, I am going to release the plugin in future but not sure when exactly.

As for reviews I developed a special scraper and integrated it in the plugin.

yaros, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  19. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My stats for November (Best Month so far!):

TRAFFIC

[​IMG]

I got around 8% increase in traffic comparing to October stats.

INCOME

Total income: $1489,67
    Supplier costs: $609,12
    Affiliate commission: $41,09
    Net profit: $921,64 (+60% comparing to October)

Most of my sales were generated with the help of organic search and social media (not paid ads).

Top 3 countries people purchased from:
    - United States
    - Canada
    - Australia

AND NO REFUNDS!

Good month!

yaros, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  20. Luke18800

Luke18800 Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting journey.

thank you for sharing.