1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

should i quit my day job for trying my luck in online marketing business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lucky ali, Jul 26, 2015.

1. randall1022

randall1022 Member

Best Answers:
    Do not quit your day job until you have established the Web business. Put your heart into it. Make the sacrifices. Instead of watching TV, or Gooding off, work on your business. The only way to be successful is to go after it. Good luck.

randall1022, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  2. footyT

footyT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can relate to this, wanting to escape the grind, being your own boss. But these guys are right, you have to play it safe. Once you're in a position to confidently make the move... Go for it!! Good luck :)

footyT, Aug 19, 2015 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  3. kyescontent

kyescontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    No way; you need your day job to survive and raise capital for your business venture.

kyescontent, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  4. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest strongly that you have at least 3 to 6 months of living expenses saved up before you leave your job. More if you need it for the business. Takes the pressure off.

Then, do the AM program part time until you can consistently replace your income first. Then leave your job.

Just sharing.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  5. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    that can be very risky. First you have to be sure that the online job can sustain you through the year. Just try and balance both ubtil the online job is stable and bringing in some good amount of money then you can shift. Thanks

kimanierick, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  6. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    whats your income as a freelancer? because quitting job can be a risky, if you dont have enough stream of traffic and contacts to keep you "alive"
    do what you do for a longer time and after some time try to decide, but at this time dont do that.

wanessmark, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  7. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thanks everyone. i have taken a safe path. . am doing my day job and working on my own marketing things. . but one thing i am facing is that i can't give enough time to what i have in mind to do . Its becoming a little imbalanced. i have to focus a lot on my office work and also on my own..
    I think i am having problem of time management and task management. i will appreciate if someone can help me regarding task and time management .

lucky ali, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you are at work focus on your office work, but after work hours make sure to leave all your work in the office.
    In the mean time, calculate how much of your time spent on your online business and how much you spent in the office.
    From then, you will be able to know how much time you can spend on your online business.
    Make sure to also have a timeline of your tasks, it'll help you especially when prioritizing tasks from the most important to less important.
    Write it down or make a spreadsheet, whatever you prefer/comfortable with, to help you keep track of your time.

Patricia Ann Lee, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  9. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    this is what i am lazy at.. i am going to make my todo list. . thanks.

lucky ali, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel you, but it'll benefit you, that's for sure..

Patricia Ann Lee, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It can take years to see the proper fruits of your efforts. I think you should treat it as a hobby initially, until you can be confident that you can turn this into a full-time gig.

dcristo, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  12. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    exactly that's what i am doing. i am not making it a source of one and only incon. because that will become hard and a burden on my. for now am just taking it a part time work or hoby. so it goind fine slow but smooth.

lucky ali, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  13. Mehak Dhiman

Mehak Dhiman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you earn more than day job in your own business then you have to leave your day job. Its best option.

Mehak Dhiman, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  14. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes that's what i have planed.

lucky ali, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  15. Aaron Ward

Aaron Ward Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Personally I would not just quit your job. Instead start dedicating your time to working online after work and in your free time. Slowly, you will start to see an income from online sources of what ever you choose (affiliate marketing, business, social media etc...). From there you can ask for reduced work hours depending on your profession, however you need to make sure the company values you and wouldn't want you to quit.

Over time basically make your online work take over your normal 9-5 job. Ultimately replacing it. Best of luck with your adventure!

Aaron Ward, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  16. Idvert

Idvert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think full time on affiliate marketing is a better choice. Because you already get some good response for your trial. And I know many personal affiliates who earns really a lot in this field. They say it is easy money. And based on their experience, it is not good to spend your part-time on doing online marketing. Hope you can find the right way.

Idvert, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  17. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent Decision - Build up the online business on the side until you have proof that it's successful enough to replace your day job.

topcoder, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  18. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you are sort of encouraging me. but i can't switch at once. thanks for your nice words.

lucky ali, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  19. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Dude,

I don't recommend that. Online field is a cut throat competitive field. There are times when you have to work on shoestring budget.

My advice to you is to stick to your job, do some freelancing and most importantly invests your money in mutual fund, gold even try to buy a property.

That will really help.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 21, 2015 IP
  20. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is my advice.
    Keep doing your day job. Devote some time to online marketing. Keep this up till you have a firm footing in the latter and are erning a decent money. Once you have made a significant amount of money, and expertise/experience starts favouring you, you can take the plunge.

rsrikanth05, Nov 21, 2015 IP