1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! How to win Paypal dispute for digital products?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by pilot35, Nov 4, 2015.

Hey guys,

Recently, I managed to sell one of my infoproducts to my email list and got quite some sales. But, a few bunch of lowlifes decided to dispute the product as "Significantly Not as Described" immediately after buying, followed by a claim. I just read the Paypal User Agreement and it says it now covers intangible goods in Buyer's Protection, but doesn't include it in Seller's Protection. So, how do you win this stupid dispute and teach these lowlife scumbags a lesson? Should I contact Paypal directly?

Oh yeah, and I also added some "Terms of Purchase" in the landing page. It says "Buyers will not file disputes/chargebacks of any kind. Doing so will result in removal of refund privileges". Can I use this in my defense?

Damn you Paypal! Why do they always have to give us legit sellers a hard time!

Any help is appreciated. It's not just about the money, it's about standing up to these thieves!

pilot35, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your best bet is to avoid Paypal entirely. The reason that I dropped eBay and their co-conspirator, Paypal, was because of their treatment of my company as a seller. Note that when I was into eBay selling, my company became a PowerSeller with over 20,000 customers and a 100% Positive feedback rating. I quit them in disgust when I got my first Negative feedback from a "buyer" who never even paid for the item. The "buyer" was upset that I had tagged him as a non-payer and was allowed to leave me a negative feedback on his experience! I could not believe how stupid their policy was and Paypal is no better.

jrbiz, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  3. swami2

swami2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For all issues with paypal, contact paypal.

swami2, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They buyer is probably going to get his/her money back. Just suck it up and move on.

Several months ago I bought a software that was most definitely not as described. I filed a claim explained what was not as described and got my money back in less than 2 weeks.

As a seller, I always refund money right away if someone files a claim. Otherwise it's such a waste of my time. You fight and fight and fight and at the end your money still goes back to the buyer. On top of that, if a buyer paid using a credit card they may stop the payment on their credit card claiming that the item was not as described. The bank will alert Paypal and Paypal will launch their own investigation and if the buyer wins the case you'll lose another $20 in fees because of the stop that was placed on the credit card payment by the bank.

qwikad.com, Nov 6, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I was also thinking about that. But before this change in Paypal TOS has happened, I used to win each and every single dispute the buyers made by leaving a simple response, "Item sold is digital, so it is not covered in Buyer's Protection". Too bad I can't do that anymore. :(

pilot35, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  6. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know what, nevermind, hahaha. I won the disputes :) Serves all of them right. Hehehe

pilot35, Nov 13, 2015 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good for you! It shows me that persistence does pay off. Maybe I should dispute with the buyers more next time they have a claim.

qwikad.com, Nov 13, 2015 IP
    pilot35 likes this.
  8. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

It's laws of average, At some point it's going to happen, Some people will go out there way to get money back regardless, Best thing is too put it down to experience and move on.

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  9. superuser435

superuser435 Peon

Best Answers:
    paypal sucks

superuser435, Jun 25, 2017 IP