1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft confirms there will be no Windows 11

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GNULinux, Oct 30, 2015.

So, is this a good thing, or a bad thing? i for one think its a great idea, i am a windows 10 user, and love it!

thoughts?

GNULinux, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  2. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    XP (or Windows version 5) is a 32-bit based operating system, which made the most popular distro in the MS-Windows family. It is also supported the longest. I think it is due to availability and popularity of 32-bit hardware and software, even until now when people are mostly using 64-bit hardware/software. It takes several versions from Vista, 7, and 8, which now brings us 10.

So let us call Vista, 7, and 8 a failure or experimental, probably each one is a competing product from different departments in Redmond, or whatever, but anyway 10 survives while the the other three aren't. It will take time until the next 128-bit hardware/software update, so, yes, Jerry Nixon is serious when he said "Windows 10 is the last version of Windows".

Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Neither both. I believe it is only marketing. Eventually there will be Windows 11. Probably when 128-bit technology is coming (God knows when), or probably sooner when they will have to compete with other OS such Linux or Unix. Either way, Jerry Nixon probably no longer works for the Redmond company or he will be very, very serious when introducing Windows 11.

th.sigit, Oct 30, 2015 IP
    rsrikanth05 likes this.
  3. GNULinux

GNULinux Peon

Best Answers:
    i like the way microsoft are moving, im just wondering if it will work long term...

GNULinux, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  4. GNULinux

GNULinux Peon

Best Answers:
    any more thoughts?

GNULinux, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  5. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Over the years micro soft followed the old theory and found its not so fast even if they could cater it on a fast processor.They want to try new technology that is so easy to get in and develop much more faster.The bulk storage requirements for Windows will be replaced with latest advantages like apple platform which can run in tiny processors at minimum hardware.
    This will change the way people use computers today.what you think?

hilhilginger, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  6. steveblackman

steveblackman Active Member

Best Answers:
    First thing not even Microsoft10 is reached in many place.as i know MS-Windows 10 having issue.Let hope they will resolve it in ms-win 11

steveblackman, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  7. traffbizz

traffbizz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    traffbizz, Nov 9, 2015 IP
  8. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    If this means that Windows 10 will be able to auto update itself with major updates then it will be impressive.

9. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some other thoughts:

Windows naming convention had been roughly following the trend of machine versions. The following are based on various Wikipedia pages:
    • Windows 2/2.1 (1987/1988-1990) for 80286 machines (1984-1990s),
    • Windows 3/3.1 (1990/1992-1994) for 80386 machines (1985-2007),
    • Windows 95 (1995-2001), Windows 98 (1998-2006), and Windows NT are using 80486 machines (1989-2007).
    As long as I can recall, by AMD processors were gaining popularity by that time against Intel's Pentium, which leads us to
    • The short lived Windows ME (2000-2001), based on Intel's Pentium/Pentium compatible processor such as AMD, often dubbed as 80586.
    • Windows XP (or Windows 5), Intel's Pentium/Pentium compatible processor such as AMD, often dubbed as 80586.
    Sources:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_80286 and so on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_2.0 and so on

Afterwards, I did not follow closely on the technology trend, except that you have to read carefully the correct machine version when downloading a new software for your computer, whether it is for x86, or x64, or amd64, i686, or i386, or even i586. So confusing :(

Yet it is interesting to read here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_ME):

th.sigit, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  10. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    What if there is an advancement in technology, i believe there will be a need of a new version of windows. Maybe they are moving on to call it something new.

kimanierick, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  11. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't believe in this kind of informations, because the big companies like Microsoft, Apple or Samsung can always change their minds so they can make more money.

Honestly, I am loyal user of Microsoft and I know I am using Windows 8.1. This OS is really cool and I hope that they will continue with the good tradition. :)

Priki, Nov 14, 2015 IP
  12. hilhilginger

hilhilginger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There wont be any windows series OS after 10.Microsoft told they will change the entire OS with new look and feel

hilhilginger, Nov 27, 2015 IP