1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Builder, Dreamweaver, or Hand Coding?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by LaPlume, Oct 12, 2015.

1. bpshbp

bpshbp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hand Coding is best to avoid whitspace code created by
    Website Builder, Dreamweaver

bpshbp, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  2. xbernx

xbernx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't use WYSIWYG Editors. Please no.
    And please don't use wix...

xbernx, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  3. Jessica_Ridley

Jessica_Ridley Banned

Best Answers:
    Designing with dreamweaver is best option to design and develop website. You can actually view both design and code in split screen and develop your project. This process is best and fast process to develop website.

Jessica_Ridley, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  4. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious, Jessica? DW is suitable only for those who are totally gormless or who don't care about the quality of the sites they turn out. See ds's previous post in this thread:
    gary

kk5st, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm actually quite impressed; @Jessica_Ridley got banned in two posts on digital point. HOW do people even get banned here? Much less in just two posts? That's an achievement and a half given this place is pretty damned permissive on letting people say what they are thinking.

Though ever notice the majority of "Use Dreamweaver" or "Go to W3 Schools" all make short gibberish posts and are banned before they've even made 30 of them? Coincidence?

deathshadow, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  6. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the banning is probably done by a 'bot that is designed to remove profanity disguised as a comment. Now if we could get the 'bot recognize the really serious profanities like Wordpress, Bootcrap, and Photoshop; it would improve the quality of the air.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 25, 2015 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hand code, only.

webcosmo, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  8. Paulstev

Paulstev Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! My method is working ;)

Paulstev, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  9. meaburro

meaburro Member

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver is a old tool, you should only use it for small snippets.
    Adobe Muse is much better and it´s growing a lot during last years. Adobe had a great idea allowing external developers to create widgets that allow you to easily add advanced functions in Muse.
    You have a lot of great providers of paid and free widgets and templates. Check this post http://responsive-muse.com/2016/03/30/free-46-widget-pack-for-adobe-muse/

meaburro, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  10. William Bethman

William Bethman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used Adobe Dreamweaver personally. It's quite flexible and provides many features as a whole.
    One can say that it provides an all in one package. So, I think you should go with it.

William Bethman, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to say what's funnier -- the repeated bounce of a year old thread, or that the people responding are dream-weaving halfwits likely unqualified to even flap their gums on the subject of writing HTML properly.

Since anyone even SUGGESTING the use of Dreamweaver clearly knows so little about HTML or CSS that the only thing they are qualified to only recommend TWO THINGS to other developers; and Jack left town.

Same goes for the idiotic halfwit incompetent trash that is Muse. Seriously, if you're using that garbage to basically tell visitors to your sites to go **** themselves, that's your call... but please when it comes to telling others how to do things could you take a nice quadruple dose of sierra tango foxtrot uniform?!?

The ONLY thing you can learn from gormless witless TRASH like Dreamweaver or Muse is how NOT to build a website!!!

I've never seen ANYTHING built with such tools that didn't tell large swaths of visitors to the resultant sites to go plow themselves en-masse. The bloated, inaccessible, buggy, broken idiocy vomited up by them are a laundry list of how to tell visitors to your site you could give a flying purple fish about their needs!

deathshadow, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  12. webhostpython

webhostpython Member

Best Answers:
    If you're able to purchase dreamweaver, I would recommend going that route. The reason is, it has a "code" and a "design" view. So if you want to 'hand code' things you still can. If you want help with some of the other time-demanding things like building menus and/or footer/headers for all of the pages you build, then you can use that as well. I always advise against using web site builders. Some of them require you to keep hosting with them (and moving to another host would be a very difficult process) or they add a bunch of junk code to your site. Stick with Dreamweaver and/or hand code things if you really want to take the long route

webhostpython, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  13. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In other words, a bloated, worthless drag and drop (d&d), I hope that what I see is close to what I get, or a very expensive text editor with limited features compared to the real deals.

Hand coding menus, &c. take no longer, and are likely faster than wasting time with the mouse and d&d. Or, are you talking about having those snippets automagically propagating through the site's pages? If the latter, that's been around since almost the beginning of the web. It's called an include. Server includes or [insert your favorite scripting language here] includes do the actual work are a common practice and simply do not cause extra work. It is an ingrained habit among real developers.

Nor, are DW's "features" anything but expensive. They do nothing that isn't readily available, free and offer many choices of apps. My own editor, e.g. integrates ftp, cvs, irc, shell cl, mail, Usenet and damned near anything else I might need when working; not to mention org-mode for keeping notes (say, for client and staff meetings), time-keeping, todo/done lists, project outlines and so much more.

Agreed re site builders.

Re DW, it is worthless.

gary

kk5st, Oct 21, 2016 IP
    deathshadow likes this.