1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Authentic PR6 Cannabis/Hash related website, with good traffic

Discussion in 'Sites' started by SpunWeb, Oct 21, 2015.

Why are you selling this site?

We are trying to raise money for our new business venture; http://hempmotorcompany.com

Which is a Hemp based Biofuel business located in Maine, which just became the first state to legally grow commercial hemp crops. We are looking to raise enough money through multiple domain auction to buy more land to farm hemp in 2016.

How is it monetized?

So far we have manually sold ads via www.seoclerks.com
    We just started using www.sh.st for monetizing links.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    Yes; https://twitter.com/hashawards
    Over 7000 followers

How much time does this site take to run?

This is automated by a paid version of PinClone, it works like Pintrest. The license transfers with the sale.

What challenges are there with running this site?

This is a very brandable website, it needs more effort put in to marketing however.
    It has an 8 million rank on Alexa, the rank is going down as we speak. I have put a few hundred dollars into advertising lately, and it appears to be helping.

I would prefer to use escrow.com for this transfer. I will pay escrow costs.

A few more notes on this:

This site is hot for the emerging marijuana market. This site ranks higher than www.cannabis.com, www.marijuana.com and is equally ranked with NORML.org, all of which are industry leaders. This site has a huge potential for something similar to "the cannabis cup" or some other industry award business.

SpunWeb, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9

What keywords are we talking about here?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  3. SpunWeb

SpunWeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Mostly "hash" and "Hash Awards"

More information from here; http://www.siteprice.org/website-worth/www.hashawards.com

SpunWeb, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  4. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    What keywords are actually bringing in traffic, if any?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  5. SpunWeb

SpunWeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So I am looking at your conversations with others, and Im not convinced that you are an actually buyer. I see a lot of trolling other auctions, but in 1585 posts, I don't see a lot of buying.

Let me give you more information however. I did give you the most popular keywords that drive traffic. But here is more details.

May 7, 2012
    Domain Authority:
    21.16/100
    Links:
    Equity Links:
    PageRank:
    6/10
    MozRank:
    4.65/10
    Alexa:
    Revenue:
    $75.00
    Visitors:
    Page Views:
    165,000 this month so far (according to statpress)

I hope that I am not being too rude. I just want to make sure that I am spending my time wisely.
    I have over 40 domains, and 6 businesses in operation.
    Right now we are working on our hempmotorcompany.com business, and it is taking all of my energy.

There are tools out there that I use to analyze the fine details of sites that I buy or sell, like siteprice.org and others.
    I hope that is some help. Thanks for your questions!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    SpunWeb, Oct 21, 2015 IP
    000karim likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Deals are done via private Conversation message. All you can see is that @Matthew Sayle doesn't leave feedback after doing deals. That may indicate that he's not doing them or it may just be that he doesn't like to give feedback.

sarahk, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  7. SpunWeb

SpunWeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just see a lot of negative comments on a lot of different sales. Im not trying to jump to conclusions, I just want to spend my time wisely. I don't have a lot of time to go back and forth on things, especially if it doesn't have anything to do with an actual sale or an actual buyer. But thanks for clearing that up. Im new, Ive been here all of about 5 hours. Im surprised that I haven't found this site before. I have a fairly huge collection of domains. :)

SpunWeb, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  8. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    The question I asked was in regards to your traffic.

Whether I end up purchasing the site or not, it's a question ever buyer should know.

As far as leaving feedback, I have left it on several sales.

You can ask anyone that's purchased anything from me in the past - it's always a positive experience.

And what does my leaving feedback mean, anyway?

You mentioned that you outrank some authority sites on the keywords "hash" and "hash awards" - however, I can't find your site anywhere on the first page.

So, the question remains - where is your traffic coming from?

Since you brought up your rankings, I assumed your traffic is organic, no?

If it is, what keywords are bringing in the traffic? This is very important because you can easily trick Google Analytics into displaying organic traffic, when in fact you're just sending bot traffic.

However, you can never fake the SERPS - if you're not there, you're not there.

If the traffic isn't organic - where is it coming from? Are there any costs associated with obtaining this traffic?

You see, someone could easily say, "My site makes $200 per month!" - but if the traffic is arriving due to CPC campaigns that cost $190, then the true profit is only $10.00.

These are questions every buyer needs to know and if the site is legitimate, there should be no problem providing the info. As a matter of fact, if you would have put everything in the description already, I would have no reason to ask :)

Would you purchase a house or a car without asking questions? Neither would I :)

I never attack anyone.

I ask questions that need to be asked.

It's not my fault that the answers aren't what the seller wants to hear.

Not every site is worth what the seller thinks it is.

Matthew Sayle, Oct 22, 2015 IP
    jhashan and sarahk like this.
  9. jhashan

jhashan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you give all info on sales thread then no one will ask you. Buyer or not thats not a matter, this is a market place and buyer will try to buy best one, not all site there he replied.

Now about your sales, you must have to proof few thing like (just my opinion)
    where your traffic coming from?
    if its from google then which keyword bringing traffic? (keyword need for checking SERP, if you not want to say it publicly then you can pm to potential buyer or add him on GA)
    if traffic coming from ads then how much its costing per month?
    how much your site earning now? (not matter how potential in future, experienced buyer will see right now)
    earning proof
    if your site need special server configuration (VPS/Dedicated) then how much its costing per month etc...... try to give as many info possible, maybe you can look on price also, your Bin price is $2500 thats mean if someone buy your site then he/she have to wait more than 33 month for get back invest, then profit. I think its impossible. Also if anyone invest $2500 and create a new website that can be make $200-400/m easily.

I think if you make clear these thing then maximum buyer will not ask you question.

Anyway best of luck on your sale.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    jhashan, Oct 24, 2015 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  10. SpunWeb

SpunWeb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think I have said as much as I am willing to publicly, as to guard my keywords, but I did give some general information on that, and more acute information on everything else, including how much it makes, where it's coming from, and yes I do have proof. All of this can be found in the first post, and I have made some more clarifications since.

Thanks

SpunWeb, Oct 25, 2015 IP